Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 04-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #16
ZeN

Default Re: What numbers will Eric Gordon put up next season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I see Eric Gordon averaging about 17pts/4assists/3rebounds next season. If Baron isn't on the team, I could see him averaging 6 or 7 assists.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #17
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

My prediction: 18 PPG, 3 AST, 5 REB. 45% FG, 40% 3PT.

This guy really surprised me.

Thornton, B. Diddy, & Randolph are too ball dominant for him to get into the 20s in scoring. There are only so many posessions per game. And 6-7 assists are beyond him unless he really steps up his dribble-drive, and the Clippers in general stop running so much isolation plays.

If they start running more inside-outside plays with him & Kaman... then yes, he can get close to 6 assists.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:07 AM   #18
xtn5021
Serious playground baller

My prediction: 18 PPG, 4 AST, 6 REB. 46% FG, 41% 3PT.

This guy really impressed me for a rookie. Especially the 41 pt. Game he put up against OKC.
xtn5021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #19
ZeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
My prediction: 18 PPG, 3 AST, 5 REB. 45% FG, 40% 3PT.

This guy really surprised me.

Thornton, B. Diddy, & Randolph are too ball dominant for him to get into the 20s in scoring. There are only so many posessions per game. And 6-7 assists are beyond him unless he really steps up his dribble-drive, and the Clippers in general stop running so much isolation plays.

If they start running more inside-outside plays with him & Kaman... then yes, he can get close to 6 assists.

Ofcourse that is assuming that both Thornton and B. Diddy remain in ClipperNation...
Old 04-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #20
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Ofcourse that is assuming that both Thornton and B. Diddy remain in ClipperNation...

Even still...assuming they do trade those two guys, I couldn't imagine the guys they are bringing in to just be supplementary scorers, expecting them to put the scoring load on Gordon & Randolph... that would be one of the stupidest gambles ever.

Even if they trade Davis & Thornton, its likely for guys who fit their offensive philosophy (whatever the heck that is anyway), but are veteran leaders who can also score. So I still don't expect Gordon to make a huge jump.

IMO, they just need to move Thornton for a more aggressive wing defender, someone who doesn't need the ball. Maybe sign Marion for the MLE . Then they can use Thornton as trade bait for more bench depth and a first round pick.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #21
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

20/3/3
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #22
ZeN

Quote:
Even still...assuming they do trade those two guys, I couldn't imagine the guys they are bringing in to just be supplementary scorers, expecting them to put the scoring load on Gordon & Randolph... that would be one of the stupidest gambles ever.

Even if they trade Davis & Thornton, its likely for guys who fit their offensive philosophy (whatever the heck that is anyway), but are veteran leaders who can also score. So I still don't expect Gordon to make a huge jump.

IMO, they just need to move Thornton for a more aggressive wing defender, someone who doesn't need the ball. Maybe sign Marion for the MLE . Then they can use Thornton as trade bait for more bench depth and a first round pick.

Im assuming one of those Thorntons' is someone else?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #23
ZeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
20/3/3

twenty points... 3 assist... and 3 steals...

i agree cept for the assist, im bankin' on five plus... why so little assist?

Old 04-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #24
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:

This makes no sense. Thornton is a much better version of Marion with a good coach. And that is the key. Remember when Sterling called him selfish? Well he came back and played the way we all wanted him to aggressively and not ball dominant. And if we end up trading Thornton then we need a veteran defender who can shoot the 3. Someone like Shane Battier.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #25
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Im assuming one of those Thorntons' is someone else?

He said trade Davis and Thornton than said why to.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:56 AM   #26
ZeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
He said trade Davis and Thornton than said why to.

This is what I mean:

First he said...

Quote:
IMO, they just need to move Thornton for a more aggressive wing defender, someone who doesn't need the ball. Maybe sign Marion for the MLE .

So this makes one think that he would (first) like to move AL.T. for a wing defender...

But then right after that sentence.. he said:

Quote:
Then they can use Thornton as trade bait for more bench depth and a first round pick.

Which is not possible.. since you just traded him..

Im just wondering how you pull off trading him twice...

Im guessing he meant Davis in eighter one of those senarios...

Last edited by ZeN : 04-28-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #27
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

I said they should use the MLE to sign a Marion type SF, but that has nothing to do with trading Thornton.

Marion was just a quick name, but ideally you'd want a Tayshaun Prince type SF, someone who can handle the ball when Davis is not in the game (Jones & Taylor are inconsistent, and neither are a natural PG)... be a supplementary scorer, play stronger defense than Thornton, be a veteran leader, and hit some 3s (something Marion nor Thornton can do consistently). But unless Detroit would take something like Camby & Thornton for say Prince and a first rounder... I don't know how else you could get him.

Prince would allow a guy like Gordon to be more of a pure scorer, and be a little more active in the offense. And he can still step it up and be a primary scorer when Gordon/Davis/Randolph do have an off night.

Last edited by beasted86 : 04-28-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #28
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Im just wondering how you pull off trading him twice...

Im guessing he meant Davis in eighter one of those senarios...

Not trading him twice. When I said move AL-T, I meant either by trading for someone else or just signing someone with the MLE, then trading him afterwards.

And the Clippers need Davis. He's going to turn it around, and come back to his old fairly healthy ~75 game, 18 PPG, 8 AST on 42% FG play.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #29
qrich
King Heno

David had a bad year, hell everyone had a bad year, but in reality, we can't trade him and get good value, and we shouldn't trade him. I firmly believe that Baron-ZBo-Camby will click next season, I just hope we ship out Kaman, mainly if we draft a Center.

I'd deal Kaman for Jerome James + Bulls First. James is expiring and I believe 80% of his contract is insured. So we can just waive him, opening up a roster spot and giving DeAndre more playing time.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #30
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
David had a bad year, hell everyone had a bad year, but in reality, we can't trade him and get good value, and we shouldn't trade him. I firmly believe that Baron-ZBo-Camby will click next season, I just hope we ship out Kaman, mainly if we draft a Center.

I'd deal Kaman for Jerome James + Bulls First. James is expiring and I believe 80% of his contract is insured. So we can just waive him, opening up a roster spot and giving DeAndre more playing time.

But good plan Baron is extremely valuable when he puts out a good effort and isn't lazy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: