Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #31
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Definative 2009 NFL Draft Thread

Kenny Britt will be a good receiver. If the Giants don't trade for a WR expect them to draft Britt. He's a good replacement for Burres. He has great size, he's fast, physical and a good blocker looks like Burres to me. Also had some very good years in college.

Raji would be a perfect fit in San Fran/GB. 49ers need a NT, thats the missing piece on the niners defense. Raji would eat up the blocks and set Justin Smith free who gets constantly double teamed on the line since the NT is so weak for the 49ers. Raji would free up blocks for Willis also who is becoming the next great MLB in this league. With a good NT pass rushers can flourish in the 3-4.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #32
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
well I know that Dallas is interested in him because he is considered a deep threat...

I didn't watch his games...and one of his weaknesses listed is a lack of quickness...

IDK...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yMl-oBpFSw
(20 second video)

I dig the nickname "Robo" too...

real good chance he ends up in Dallas...
The Browns have two picks in the second round before Dallas will have the chance. If we don't take Crabtree with the No. 5 pick OR if we don't trade our 5th pick for a later first rounder and grab someone like Nicks, I don't see Robiskie making it past Cleveland if he is still on the board in the second round. I know that the team has shown a lot of interest.

He is a deep threat in the same way that Fitz is a deep threat. He runs great routes and can go up and get the ball in traffic. But, he isn't a 'speed' receiver.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #33
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
The Browns have two picks in the second round before Dallas will have the chance. If we don't take Crabtree with the No. 5 pick OR if we don't trade our 5th pick for a later first rounder and grab someone like Nicks, I don't see Robiskie making it past Cleveland if he is still on the board in the second round. I know that the team has shown a lot of interest.

He is a deep threat in the same way that Fitz is a deep threat. He runs great routes and can go up and get the ball in traffic. But, he isn't a 'speed' receiver.
well I don't consider Fitz anything close to a "speed receiver"...in fact he is the complete polar opposite IMO...

he is a big overpowering slow possesion WR...

I can see that he isn't listed as a real speedy guy...but Dallas is viewing him as another deep threat that we need to replace with the loss of Owens...

along with prairs of Miles Austin showing up...
Old 04-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #34
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Fitz is not slow by any means. He's not a burner but he ran a 4.5. That's pretty f*cking fast. The 40 is so overrated. Fitzgerald has game speed. He's much faster than this 40 time indicates. Same goes for a player like Brian Westbrook.

@ Fitzgerald being a "slow possession WR"
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:35 PM   #35
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
well I don't consider Fitz anything close to a "speed receiver"...in fact he is the complete polar opposite IMO...

I can see that he isn't listed as a real speedy guy...but Dallas is viewing him as another deep threat that we need to replace with the loss of Owens...

along with prairs of Miles Austin showing up...
First, Fitz is much more than just a possession receiver. He makes A LOT of big plays down the field. The thing that makes Fitz so great is his ability to make tough catches in traffic for first downs AND hit defenses for big plays by getting vertical. It isn't just speed that allows for big plays. Expert route running and the ability to go up and get the ball at its highest point are two things that allow Fitz to be a real threat down the field.

Robiskie is the same way. He isn't a lot like Owens in terms of playing style, but he can absolutely make big plays down the field... Just in a different way.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #36
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chris Collinsworth, Ernie Mills, and Jabar Gaffney are/were solid receivers who had long and fruitful careers.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #37
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Fitz is not slow by any means. He's not a burner but he ran a 4.5. That's pretty f*cking fast. The 40 is so overrated. Fitzgerald has game speed. He's much faster than this 40 time indicates. Same goes for a player like Brian Westbrook.

QFT
Old 04-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #38
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield

@ Fitzgerald being a "fast speed WR"

he is a possession WR...PERIOD

and his speed is very below average for an NFL WR...

in fact (just a guess) he might be the SLOWEST #1 WR in the entire NFL...I can't think of any that are slower...

the 40 is overrated in determining "TALENT"....not "SPEED"

if you run a 4.2 then YOU ARE F*CKIN FAST...
Old 04-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #39
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
First, Fitz is much more than just a possession receiver. He makes A LOT of big plays down the field. The thing that makes Fitz so great is his ability to make tough catches in traffic for first downs AND hit defenses for big plays by getting vertical. It isn't just speed that allows for big plays. Expert route running and the ability to go up and get the ball at its highest point are two things that allow Fitz to be a real threat down the field.

Robiskie is the same way. He isn't a lot like Owens in terms of playing style, but he can absolutely make big plays down the field... Just in a different way.
EXACTLY!!!

he is a possession reciever...

If Robiskie is being looked at similiar to Fitz then I was unaware of it...

I keep hearing his name as a deep threat for some reason...
Old 04-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Ys0iEpz8A

Uh huh primey.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Chris Collinsworth, Ernie Mills, and Jabar Gaffney are/were solid receivers who had long and fruitful careers.

You were better off just replying with this " "

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #42
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I jetted off to football reference thinking that I would be able to shut you up, only to find more ammo for your anti-Florida wideout argument. Taylor Jacobs, Chad Jackson, Bubba Caldwell etc. I still like Lou though, unlike the other guys I don't think he is a product of the system. He is more of a traditional wideout and runs above average routes to go with his competent athleticism. I am not forecasting him to be a #1, but he should have a nice career as a solid #2.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #43
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
@ Fitzgerald being a "fast speed WR"

he is a possession WR...PERIOD

and his speed is very below average for an NFL WR...

in fact (just a guess) he might be the SLOWEST #1 WR in the entire NFL...I can't think of any that are slower...

the 40 is overrated in determining "TALENT"....not "SPEED"

if you run a 4.2 then YOU ARE F*CKIN FAST...
Dude I honestly wonder how much knowledge you retain when you watch/discuss/read football.

Do you even know what a possession receiver is? Keyshawn Johnson was a possession WR. Larry Fitzgerald has a much more versatile skill set.

" A possession receiver is generally the more sure-handed of the two types and is used to keep possession of the ball by making catches that gain first down yardage, but he usually lacks the speed to attack a defensive backfield."

^^ That sure sounds a lot like Larry Fitzgerald.

Larry is faster or as fast than plenty of #1 WRs:

Reggie Wayne
Plaxico Burress
Hines Ward
Anquan Boldin
Antonio Bryant
Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Donald Driver
TJ Housh
Derrick Mason

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 04-23-2009 at 05:52 PM.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #44
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

not really a NFL fan, but can anyone tell me why there are only 16 games in the season?
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #45
Dasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbastatus
not really a NFL fan, but can anyone tell me why there are only 16 games in the season?
The level of collisions in the sport makes it one that is not conducive to being played more than that. The level of strategy involved also requires more preparation than pretty much all other sports. The fewer # of games also serve to build fan anticipation, and make it a better at garnering ratings than other American sports.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: