Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #511
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Default Re: The Definative 2009 NFL Draft Thread

@ the Cowboys offseason and draft.

Way to go boys!!
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #512
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Love the Andre Brown pick by NYG.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #513
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
@ the Cowboys offseason and draft.

Way to go boys!!
Keep underestimating the Cowboys' brain trust. The Boys we will be fine.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #514
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

You went from **** Jerry Jones to noticing someone laughing at the Cowboys weak picks and now defending like gems were added.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #515
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Ingram is just sitting there for the Eagles... get it done.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #516
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Kenyon Coleman is a good fit for the 3-4 as a DE. He's a big guy(290+). He's a good run stopper and is that DE/DT hybrid type of players. He can't rush the passer but is a good run stopper. Expect the Browns to rotate alot in the D-line. Don't you have Wimbley? He should be a good 3-4 OLB rushing the passer.

Good to hear about Coleman. The Browns need a run-stopping defensive end and a sure-tackler.

Wimbley is a slug. He had a great rookie season, but when teams figured out that he only had one move and began rolling protection toward him, he has been a total bust. I've almost completely given up on the guy.

After further reflection and some research into our picks, I've changed my opinion and I'm pretty happy with what the Browns have done. Mack, from what I've read, is the best center that has come out of school in several years. Mangini's first pick with the Jets was Nick Mangold, who turned out to be an absolute beast and an anchor on his line.

Mack has the skills coming out of school to be a perennial Pro Bowler.

Robiskie was a pick that I called a few days ago and he will fit in well as a No. 2 receiver. He should replace what we lost with Joe Jureviceous... Maybe more.

Massaquoi should be good in the slot and he has a lot of big play potential. Both of these receivers have excellent hands.

Veikune is sort of a project with a lot of upside. Today's pick of Maiava was a great value in the 4th round, imo. I was impressed with him every time I watched USC this past season. He isn't as flashy as the other guys, but he seemed consistently good.

Also, all of these guys are very smart and character guys. Alex Mack won the Draddy Trophy ("Academic Heisman") and Robiskie was a finalist for it. Massaquoi graduated in four years from Georgia with a psychology degree. Veikune was academic all-conference in the WAC.

I see what Mangini is trying to build here... and I like it. Obviously, the draft is an inexact science, but it is pretty clear that the new organization has a plan for how they want to build this team, something Savage and Crennel struggled to do.

The Browns passing game should be back. Fraley was the main reason that Quinn and Anderson ended up injured last year and the lack of receiving talent was really the major reason that Braylon struggled with drops. He was forced to take the role of possession receiver and run a lot of routes across the middle, which has never been his strong-suit.

Do not be afraid to draft BE in any and all fantasy leagues if he remains with the team. Massaquoi and Robiskie will really open up the field for him to do what he does best (like in 2007).
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #517
Jackass18
The Iron Price

#4 defense and an offense that struggled to score points and yet we go all defense... Being that I'm a huge Cornhusker fan, I can excuse taking Cody Glenn.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #518
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
#4 defense and an offense that struggled to score points and yet we go all defense... Being that I'm a huge Cornhusker fan, I can excuse taking Cody Glenn.

Not sure what you wanted Wash to draft. You guys added WR last draft. Adding anymore (a shytload went in 3rd) and we call that overkill.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #519
ruslan
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Cowgirls ****ing suck
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #520
Jackass18
The Iron Price

If I wasn't a huge Husker fan, then I'd hate that pick. Cody Glenn played RB for 3 years at NU, and only played LB for 1 season. And, he only played 9 games. I liked him as a RB, though. He's raw and has athletic ability, so maybe he could actually make the team somewhere.

I wanted a ****ing lineman. It's our biggest need. Our line is old, our center needs to be replaced, and we don't have much depth. Our OL fell apart halfway through the season. Our defense was #4 while our offense put up like 11 points a game over the last 8 games of the season. Yet, we ****ing draft defense, defense, defense...
Old 04-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #521
Dasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You went from **** Jerry Jones to noticing someone laughing at the Cowboys weak picks and now defending like gems were added.
The Cowboys decided to get a lot of picks and throw them up against the wall to see if something sticks. I have no problem with that. The biggest additions the Cowboys will make this year is the healthy returns of Felix Jones and Anthony Spencer. The dimensions they will add to the offense and defense will be enough to improve the team a great deal. The team obviously has a great deal of faith in Gerald Sensabaugh so I will put off judgement of the team missing out on Willie Moore. The Cowboys did address offensive line depth in this draft which was a major problem with last year's team.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #522
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
The Cowboys decided to get a lot of picks and throw them up against the wall to see if something sticks. I have no problem with that. The biggest additions the Cowboys will make this year is the healthy returns of Felix Jones and Anthony Spencer. The dimensions they will add to the offense and defense will be enough to improve the team a great deal. The team obviously has a great deal of faith in Gerald Sensabaugh so I will put off judgement of the team missing out on Willie Moore. The Cowboys did address offensive line depth in this draft which was a major problem with last year's team.
Anthony Spencer is a bust like most big 10 defensive ends.

When you take into account Jay Ratliff is a Giant it decreases the chances of Spencer making a big impact.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #523
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Love the Andre Brown pick by NYG.

I liked the Rhett Bumass pick more.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #524
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
The Cowboys decided to get a lot of picks and throw them up against the wall to see if something sticks. I have no problem with that.

Of course not, Cowboy fans blindly praise Jones as a genius, defend all his sh!t moves, then spend the offseason making up excuses to cover for his blunders. You got people thinking he's smart for getting rid of Tank, Pacman and TO and yet those are the same people who called Jones a genius for bringing those guys in...
Old 04-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #525
Dasher

TO and Tank Johnson were good moves. Even in an off year TO still scored 10 touchdowns. The team distraction nonsense was also overdone to the point of absurdity. Tank did a decent job playing rotating as the nose on that defense. He did not make too many waves, and he rehabilitated his career with The Cowboys and was able to get another contract with The Bengals. Pacman was a failure, but it was a low risk high reward move that did not pan out. You are acting like Jerry destroyed the cap by bringing in Tank and Pacman.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: