Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #46
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Definative 2009 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Chris Collinsworth, Ernie Mills, and Jabar Gaffney are/were solid receivers who had long and fruitful careers.

Well that's a name I hadn't heard in a while.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #47
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Questions for all:

Who will be the best player in the draft?

Who will be the biggest bust?

Who will be the best QB/RB/WR taken?

Who will be offensive/defensive rookie of the year?

How many players do you think will play in pro bowls?
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #48
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
" A possession receiver is generally the more sure-handed of the two types and is used to keep possession of the ball by making catches that gain first down yardage, but he usually lacks the speed to attack a defensive backfield."

^^ That sure sounds a lot like Larry Fitzgerald.
that does sound EXACTLY like Fitz...

90% of his catches are him jumping up catching the ball and then falling down and getting tackled...

look at his career YAC avg. compared to others...just go ahead and look up the difference between him and guys like Moss or Owens that really do have speed...that difference is huge...

I mean dude, are REALLY trying to argue that Fitz is not considered a possession WR???...serioulsy???
Old 04-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #49
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
have not clicked on that...

and I am 99% sure that is his SB TD catch...
Old 04-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #50
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fitz is a complete receiver -primetime-. He can do it all, and is probably the closest thing to Jerry Rice in the NFL.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #51
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Primetime what did Larry F. ever do to you? This like 4th or 5th time you've debated this.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #52
-primetime-

Quote:
Fitz is a complete receiver -primetime-. He can do it all, and is probably the closest thing to Jerry Rice in the NFL.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #53
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The problem i have with primetime and Larry Fitz is he harps on Larry not being a speed demon. He throws out his 40 time. What exactly are you trying to prove? That he doesnt have Randy Moss speed? Joey Galloway speed? Not many Wrs do. And by that I mean Wrs who can STICK in the NFL and be productive. Its one thing to run a 4.19 40 as a WR. Its another to be relevant, a #1 WR to a franchise.

Larry Fitz is not the fastest WR. But he is far from slow. Thats the point you just miss. Maybe your eyes only sees it 2 ways...fast or slow.

40-Yard Dash Times
4.24 - Rondel Melendez, (WR), Eastern Kentucky - 1999
4.28 - Jerome Mathis, (WR), Hampton - 2005
4.28 - *Champ Bailey, (CB), Georgia - 1999
4.29 - Stanford Routt, (CB), Houston - 2005
4.29 - Jay Hinton, (RB), Morgan State - 1999
4.29 - *Fabian Washington, (CB), Nebraska - 2005 4.30 - Yamon Figurs (WR), Kansas State - 2007 4.30 - Darrent Williams, (CB), Oklahoma State - 2005
4.31 - *Johnathan Joseph, (CB), South Carolina - 2006
4.31 - Aaron Lockett, (WR), Kansas State - 2002
4.31 - Santana Moss, (WR), Miami - 2001
4.32 - *Troy Williamson, (WR), South Carolina - 2005
4.32 - *Chad Jackson, (WR), Florida - 2006
4.32 - Jason Hill (WR), Washington State - 2007
4.32 - Tim Jennings, (CB), Georgia - 2006
4.32 - Chris McKenzie, (CB), Arizona State - 2005
4.32 - Tim Carter, (WR), Auburn - 2002
4.32 - Kevin Garrett, (CB), Southern Methodist - 2003
4.32 - Antwan Harris, (CB), Virginia - 2000
4.33 - Carlos Francis, (WR), Texas Tech - 2004
4.33 - Karsten Bailey, (WR), Auburn - 1999
4.33 - Chris Chambers, (WR), Wisconsin - 2001
4.34 - *Ahmad Carroll, (CB), Arkansas - 2004
4.34 - Domonique Foxworth, (CB), Maryland - 2005
4.34 - Tyrone Calico, (WR), Middle Tennessee State - 2003

I highlighted him specifically because he was involved in a trade for Randy Moss. Go figure. Minnesota thought they replaced a speed demon with another speed demon. But Randy Moss is way more than just a guy who is "fast" on the football field. And thats the point you seem to always miss. Harp so much on 40 time and "Fast...slow" that you miss out. Desean Jackson is faster than Larry Fitz. But you cant be a football fan and say that statement without going further because you mislead people. If your mind works where that statement means Larry Fitz must now be slow? Then you probably have been slapped upside your head way too much.

Thats why I always tell you when this Fitz and his speed is discussed. Larry Fitz is not the fastest but he is FAST ENOUGH. And speed isnt the only thing that makes him arguably the best WR in the game (imo he is). He does a collection of things at the position that make him the best in my book. I dont need the perfect athlete, the perfect player that it seems like you are searching for wanting. They dont exist. Randy Moss couldnt break tackles like Fitz. Randy Moss cant absorb a big hit by a Safety and stay on his feet. Randy Moss cant run numerous routes better than Larry Fitz. So much for being this speed demon primetime. No knock on Moss because he is a great WR and in his best day was amazing (people feel he lost a step in NE vs Minny days). All this typing I'm doing does is show you two different Wrs that are elite, gamebreakers, legit #1 WRs that go about impacting the game to the best of thier abilities.

So get off this crap about Fitz and his speed. Makes you look like silly.

Sadly we'll have this convo AGAIN. Why? Things dont register in your brain. Maybe because your brain doesnt process things fast. Go figure!

Last edited by GOBB : 04-23-2009 at 06:20 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #54
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I jetted off to football reference thinking that I would be able to shut you up, only to find more ammo for your anti-Florida wideout argument. Taylor Jacobs, Chad Jackson, Bubba Caldwell etc. I still like Lou though, unlike the other guys I don't think he is a product of the system. He is more of a traditional wideout and runs above average routes to go with his competent athleticism. I am not forecasting him to be a #1, but he should have a nice career as a solid #2.

Just busting your balls because when I saw sleeper and a Gator WR it made me chuckle.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #55
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Great Hands
Excellent Route Running
Big Play Ability
Strength
Consistent Burst
Savvy
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #56
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Giants hopefully drafting Nicks or Heyward-Bay
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #57
-primetime-

I hate going through this BS EVERY SINGLE YEAR...

this year:

Fitz is the next Rice and is better than Moss

Aso is better than Deion

past years:

Palmer is one of only 3 elite QBs

Champ Bailey is the GOAT

Tomlinson is the GOAT

Urlacher is the GOAT

LJ/Alexander/Jackson/ect...GOAT

ect...
Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #58
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Giants hopefully drafting Nicks or Heyward-Bay

Why not Britt?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #59
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
that does sound EXACTLY like Fitz...

90% of his catches are him jumping up catching the ball and then falling down and getting tackled...

look at his career YAC avg. compared to others...just go ahead and look up the difference between him and guys like Moss or Owens that really do have speed...that difference is huge...

I mean dude, are REALLY trying to argue that Fitz is not considered a possession WR???...serioulsy???
He's considered way more than a possession receiver. He's a tremendous zed zone threat too. Possession receivers don't average 14 yards per catch.

You're so out of line you should go sit in time out and not be allowed to discuss football for 12 hours.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #60
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

Quote:
Palmer is one of only 3 elite QBs

Point out examples to me that when he's had adequate talent around him he's failed? Or better yet that when he's had that talent that he didn't stack up favorably to Manning or Brady?

Last edited by HisJoeness : 04-23-2009 at 06:35 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: