Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #61
-primetime-

Default Re: The Definative 2009 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The problem i have with primetime and Larry Fitz is he harps on Larry not being a speed demon. He throws out his 40 time. What exactly are you trying to prove? That he doesnt have Randy Moss speed? Joey Galloway speed? Not many Wrs do. And by that I mean Wrs who can STICK in the NFL and be productive. Its one thing to run a 4.19 40 as a WR. Its another to be relevant, a #1 WR to a franchise.

Larry Fitz is not the fastest WR. But he is far from slow. Thats the point you just miss. Maybe your eyes only sees it 2 ways...fast or slow.

40-Yard Dash Times
4.24 - Rondel Melendez, (WR), Eastern Kentucky - 1999
4.28 - Jerome Mathis, (WR), Hampton - 2005
4.28 - *Champ Bailey, (CB), Georgia - 1999
4.29 - Stanford Routt, (CB), Houston - 2005
4.29 - Jay Hinton, (RB), Morgan State - 1999
4.29 - *Fabian Washington, (CB), Nebraska - 2005 4.30 - Yamon Figurs (WR), Kansas State - 2007 4.30 - Darrent Williams, (CB), Oklahoma State - 2005
4.31 - *Johnathan Joseph, (CB), South Carolina - 2006
4.31 - Aaron Lockett, (WR), Kansas State - 2002
4.31 - Santana Moss, (WR), Miami - 2001
4.32 - *Troy Williamson, (WR), South Carolina - 2005
4.32 - *Chad Jackson, (WR), Florida - 2006
4.32 - Jason Hill (WR), Washington State - 2007
4.32 - Tim Jennings, (CB), Georgia - 2006
4.32 - Chris McKenzie, (CB), Arizona State - 2005
4.32 - Tim Carter, (WR), Auburn - 2002
4.32 - Kevin Garrett, (CB), Southern Methodist - 2003
4.32 - Antwan Harris, (CB), Virginia - 2000
4.33 - Carlos Francis, (WR), Texas Tech - 2004
4.33 - Karsten Bailey, (WR), Auburn - 1999
4.33 - Chris Chambers, (WR), Wisconsin - 2001
4.34 - *Ahmad Carroll, (CB), Arkansas - 2004
4.34 - Domonique Foxworth, (CB), Maryland - 2005
4.34 - Tyrone Calico, (WR), Middle Tennessee State - 2003

I highlighted him specifically because he was involved in a trade for Randy Moss. Go figure. Minnesota thought they replaced a speed demon with another speed demon. But Randy Moss is way more than just a guy who is "fast" on the football field. And thats the point you seem to always miss. Harp so much on 40 time and "Fast...slow" that you miss out. Desean Jackson is faster than Larry Fitz. But you cant be a football fan and say that statement without going further because you mislead people. If your mind works where that statement means Larry Fitz must now be slow? Then you probably have been slapped upside your head way too much.

Thats why I always tell you when this Fitz and his speed is discussed. Larry Fitz is not the fastest but he is FAST ENOUGH. And speed isnt the only thing that makes him arguably the best WR in the game (imo he is). He does a collection of things at the position that make him the best in my book. I dont need the perfect athlete, the perfect player that it seems like you are searching for wanting. They dont exist. Randy Moss couldnt break tackles like Fitz. Randy Moss cant absorb a big hit by a Safety and stay on his feet. Randy Moss cant run numerous routes better than Larry Fitz. So much for being this speed demon primetime. No knock on Moss because he is a great WR and in his best day was amazing (people feel he lost a step in NE vs Minny days). All this typing I'm doing does is show you two different Wrs that are elite, gamebreakers, legit #1 WRs that go about impacting the game to the best of thier abilities.

So get off this crap about Fitz and his speed. Makes you look like silly.

Sadly we'll have this convo AGAIN. Why? Things dont register in your brain. Maybe because your brain doesnt process things fast. Go figure!
this is just wrong...

Fitz is "fast" in a literal sense...yes

Fitz is "slow" in a NFL WR sense though...

yes, he is "fast enough"...I get it

but no he can not break tackles like Moss (not sure how you are defining that exactly)...Moss's YAC is far beyond Fitz's....meaning he speeds away from getting tackled more than Fitz...
Old 04-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #62
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Point out examples to me that when he's had adequate talent around him he's failed? Or better yet that when he's had that talent that he didn't stack up favorably to Manning or Brady?
Palmer was elite...

and still has a chance to redeem that title...

his injury issues and the franchise he plays for have really screwed him over...

He wil probably go down as a guy that could have been something amazing if he was just put in the right situation...
Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #63
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Who will be the best player in the draft?
The safety the Cowboys select.

Quote:
Who will be the biggest bust?
Aaron Maybin
Quote:
Who will be the best QB/RB/WR taken?
Matt Stafford/LaSean McCoy/Hakeem Nicks

Quote:
Who will be offensive/defensive rookie of the year?
Donald Brown/William Moore

Quote:
How many players do you think will play in pro bowls?
At minimum 15. Guys always catch lightning in a bottle.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #64
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with the vast majority of this ^^
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #65
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
The safety the Cowboys select.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ad-Johnson.php
Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #66
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If our pick is Rashad Johnson, I will vomit in anger. Vomit....in . THe fans should be thinking Smith, Moore, Delmas or bust. At the worst I will accept Patty Chung.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #67
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
If our pick is Rashad Johnson, I will vomit in anger. Vomit....in . THe fans should be thinking Smith, Moore, Delmas or bust. At the worst I will accept Patty Chung.
well I am really just hoping that Robiskie falls to us...

we just signed a free agent saftey that had 4 picks last year..."can't believe I can't remember his name right now"...

anyway, that signing frees us up to take a WR if a good one falls to us...

we NEED another WR bad...

imagine if Roy Dub got injured...

Patrick Crayton would be our #1...that is just not gonna cut it at all...
Old 04-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #68
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Since you guys are talking about safetys here is one of them who is moving up draft boards, you guys heard of him?

Chip Vaughn

I'll have my fingers crosses Saturday that somehow Orakpo falls to Bills at 11.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #69
Dasher

Gerald Sensabaugh? Gerald Motherfucking Sensabaugh? SMH. We have not had a decent safety combo since Darren Woodson and young Roy. Gerald is not the answer, and even with Roy, we don't have a real #1. Roy has regressed over the years, and does not have the mentality of a successful #1.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #70
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Moss's YAC is far beyond Fitz's....meaning he speeds away from getting tackled more than Fitz...
You joking? Gonna give you a second to retract.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #71
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rumors flying around Cleveland as we speak.

Rumor No. 1: Brady Quinn to the Jets for the No. 17th pick. Browns would take Sanchez with the No. 5 pick.

Rumor No. 2: Lions take Curry No. 1 overall, Browns trade Derek Anderson to Lions for the No. 33 pick.

The Braylon Edwards trade to the Giants is looking pretty much dead, at this point. The Giants are not offering enough. Just thought I would keep everyone informed. Some of this may be bullsh!t, but either of the two rumors would make some sense.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #72
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Rumor No. 1: Brady Quinn to the Jets for the No. 17th pick. Browns would take Sanchez with the No. 5 pick.
Rumor No. 2: Lions take Curry No. 1 overall, Browns trade Derek Anderson to Lions for the No. 33 pick.

The Braylon Edwards trade to the Jets is looking pretty much dead, at this point. The Giants are not offering enough. Just thought I would keep everyone informed. Some of this may be bullsh!t, but either of the two rumors would make some sense.
Earlier today I heard Shawn Andrews, Sheldon Brown, #21 for Braylon Edwards and the #5 pick.

I'd be disgusted if the Eagles pulled that off.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #73
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

The Braylon Edwards trade to the Jets is looking pretty much dead, at this point. The Giants are not offering enough. Just thought I would keep everyone informed. Some of this may be bullsh!t, but either of the two rumors would make some sense.
Sanchez/17th pick is not better than Quinn/5th.

2nd trade I would do if I was the Browns. Plenty of quality players can be had at 33.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #74
Dasher

Quote:

I would love for them to do both of these and throw the draft into chaos.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #75
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Earlier today I heard Shawn Andrews, Sheldon Brown, #21 for Braylon Edwards and the #5 pick.

I'd be disgusted if the Eagles pulled that off.
Yikes. I hadn't heard that one. I know that the Eagles aren't wild about Andrews' progress. I really like Brown.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: