Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #76
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Definative 2009 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Earlier today I heard Shawn Andrews, Sheldon Brown, #21 for Braylon Edwards and the #5 pick.

I'd be disgusted if the Eagles pulled that off.
That would be the biggest trade the NFL has ever seen considering the players and the picks involved.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #77
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Sanchez/17th pick is not better than Quinn/5th.
Not sure I would agree with that. Quinn is still completely unproven. I actually think that Sanchez may be the better QB. He has a lot of upside (more than Quinn, imo).

Plus, this draft is really deep, but it doesn't have a ton of guys that are clear-cut Top 5 picks. I think you can get as much value at 17 as you can get at 5.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #78
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Yikes. I hadn't heard that one. I know that the Eagles aren't wild about Andrews' progress. I really like Brown.
Brown is a top 10ish Corner so yeah he is a stud. Very solid/consistent/excellent tackler. I think he only gave up one touchdown during the regular season last year. Quite impressive to say the least.

Andrews as you're aware is an all-pro and one of the best young linemen in the game. From what I understand the rumor that he is disgruntled is on the block is completely fabricated mainly because Sheldon mentioned his name during a recent interview.

Regardless that would be an INSANE deal for the Browns if you guys pulled that off.

In this draft there isn't a huge disparity in talent between the 21 pick and 5.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #79
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Not sure I would agree with that. Quinn is still completely unproven. I actually think that Sanchez may be the better QB. He has a lot of upside (more than Quinn, imo).

Plus, this draft is really deep, but it doesn't have a ton of guys that are clear-cut Top 5 picks. I think you can get as much value at 17 as you can get at 5.
Why do we usually always agree on all things football?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #80
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Why do we usually always agree on all things football?
Great minds think alike. It must be our mutual love for herbal mind expansion.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #81
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Brown is a top 10ish Corner so yeah he is a stud. Very solid/consistent/excellent tackler. I think he only gave up one touchdown during the regular season last year. Quite impressive to say the least.

Andrews as you're aware is an all-pro and one of the best young linemen in the game. From what I understand the rumor that he is disgruntled is on the block is completely fabricated mainly because Sheldon mentioned his name during a recent interview.

Regardless that would be an INSANE deal for the Browns if you guys pulled that off.

In this draft there isn't a huge disparity in talent between the 21 pick and 5.
Yeah... That would be a serious coup for the Browns and it would basically transform two areas that are serious question marks (line and secondary) into two possible strengths.

Joe Thomas and Andrews working together on the same side of the line would be downright scary. Then, we could move Tucker to the other side. Crazy...

I still have reservations about trading Braylon, because I think that, in a couple of years, he may be regarded as a Top 3 WR in the NFL. However, I have been around long enough to realize that great WRs don't bring championships... line play and defense are far more important. Plus, Braylon is going to be a restricted free agent next year and the word is that he wants out of Cleveland.

Personally, I could not imagine the Eagles doing it. But, if that is an actual offer, the Browns would be insane not to jump all over it.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #82
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Doesn't Steinbach start at LG? From what I know he's a pretty solid player and he and Thomas have great chemistry, which is very important between a gaurd and tackle.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #83
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Doesn't Steinbach start at LG? From what I know he's a pretty solid player and he and Thomas have great chemistry, which is very important between a gaurd and tackle.
God damn... Work must be getting to me. I was actually thinking Steinbach, but for some reason, Ryan Tucker's name popped in my head (who already plays on the right side).

Steinbach and Thomas have a good chemistry, but Eric struggled a little bit last year after a great 2007 season. I have to think that, if they did make a move for Andrews, he would be placed onto the left side of the line. I could be wrong, regardless of where they are lined up. Tucker has played some center... There are a lot of interchangeable parts and there would be a ton of options.

Either way, an offensive front of Thomas, Steinbach, Fraley, Andrews, and Tucker might be the best unit in the league.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 04-23-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #84
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Andrews is versatile and can play both guard and right tackle at an all pro level. That line would be impressive but Fraley is garbage. I've read that you guys are planning to upgrade at center via the draft.

He's like the Mark Simoneau/Sean Considine of O-linemen.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #85
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Andrews is versatile and can play both guard and right tackle at an all pro level. That line would be impressive but Fraley is garbage. I've read that you guys are planning to upgrade at center via the draft.

He's like the Mark Simoneau/Sean Considine of O-linemen.
Fraley is definitely the weak spot. He is serviceable, though, depending on the schedule. With the Browns playing the Ravens and Steelers twice, he is probably exposed more than he would be elsewhere. I wouldn't be shocked if Tucker moved back to center if the Browns don't address the position this weekend.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #86
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
That would be the biggest trade the NFL has ever seen considering the players and the picks involved.

Which makes it the most bogus rumor ever created. Whomever is responsible for putting that garbage out needs to be lined up against a wall as a firing squad paints its body along the wall like a Michaelangelo portrait.

Sounds like someone playing Madden being a casual fan.

"I'm a Browns fan, whoopee! Hey Sheldon Brown is unhappy. Hey Andrews will be unhappy about his deal too. Clevland wants to get rid of B.Edwards badly. Hmm how do we get those 2 disgruntled players who want out of Philly according to me even tho Sheldon is the only one? Hmmm lets throw in our 5th since Aaron Curry wont be there after stupid Detroit Lions reports of him possibly going early. BOOOOOO F*CK U DETROIT! 5th for 21 will do. I love it! LEts see if Madden accepts."

BOOM!

"Awesome! "
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #87
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
"If the Washington Redskins select Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez in tomorrow's NFL draft, starting quarterback Jason Campbell will request to be traded, NFL sources said last night. Campbell, whom the team has tried to replace this offseason, has publicly taken the high road throughout Washington's pursuit of other players to potentially take his job, saying he is focused on leading the Redskins in the upcoming season. The presence of another young, starting-caliber quarterback such as Sanchez on Washington's roster, however, would spur Campbell's representative, Joel Segal, to contact the team in an effort to find a better situation for the four-year veteran, league sources ..."

If the Skins take Mark, I think the Jets could make a move for Jason.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #88
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
On Thursday, Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt didn’t rule out the possibility of making such a bold move. Yet while the Titans have been in contact with the Cardinals about top-flight receiver Anquan Boldin, according to sources familiar with the situation, nothing appears imminent with the draft now just a day away.
Hopefully for Kerry and Vince they actually make contact with the Cards and try to make a move. The Titans have no threats on the outside, and their defense will be hardpressed to reproduce their performance from last year sans Haynesworth. An upgrade to both their offensive talent, and a freshening up of their offensive strategy is in order if they are to entertain any notions of sniffing the playoffs next season.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #89
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stafford signs so hopefully they dont take 10mins to make thier pick. Same with Stl Rams. You know you're going LT. Dont take the full 10. Lets keep this moving moving moving!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #90
-primetime-

draft starts at the same time as the Mavs game...

I am gonna be flipping channels like crazy...

btw...don't want to start a new thread on this but I just got rumor that Dallas will be trading Greg Ellis and a very high 3rd rounder(69th overall) for Mr. Peppers...

I hope this rumor turns out to be correct like the Tony G. rumor did...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: