Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-24-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Guess What ISH

I know you're gonna say I'm a big fat lesbian for posting this, or that it isn't thread worthy, or that I'm just trying to gain attention, because I'm an attention whore, but f*ck it. I'm actually gonna quit smoking pot.

I know what you're thinking... "who cares?" Well I do, so **** you.

It's basically that I've been smoking nearly everyday for five years. I don't like to delve too much into my personal life, but this is real. I mean this.

Basically, I smoked for the first time at the age of 14. Wasn't a big fan of it, it made me feel anxious and weird, and as a school athlete, I was believe it or not, I didn't like it. But a couple of my bball buddies would toke every now and again before playing, so I would join them. Not every time, but probably half of the time. I turn 15, start highschool, and the pot smoking wasn't out of control at all. I had probably only smoked 10 times or so. I just wasn't into it that much, so much in fact that I was dating this total hottie, and she actually bought and 1/8 one time, and asked me to smoke it with her. I said no, and never heard anything about it again. This girl was basically my first love, and we broke up.

So we break up, I'm heartbroken to say the least, and it was at this point during my freshman year that something inside me changed. I began skipping school, my grades slipped, I began hanging out with other OLDER skippers, and those skippers turned out to be HUGE pot heads. Needless to say, I begin to party more, I start going out everyday before school to smoke pot - and guess what that leads to? Skipping school to go get high.

Fast forward to 5 years later and here I am, a happy go lucky pothead with an optimistic outlook on life. I defied the odds, graduated highschool, am in college, and ha, believe it or not ISH, I DO have a social life despite what my high post count says.

The thing is, I'm a pothead. And no, I'm not bragging. I mean that I literally smoke on average 3-6 times per day. And by "per", it's probably 2 big bowls per session.

I feel like this plant called marijuana consumes me, and as much as I love it, trust me I do, I can't stand to feel like I'm weak, and that a goddamned plant of all things, is gonna control my life.

So as of now I'm taking a break. I've said it before, trust me I've said it before, and as pathetic as it sounds, especially coming from a guy rocking a half naked JT avy, the LONGEST break I have taken to date is 3 days. 3 ****ing days.

So I'm taking a break from my ganja filled life, just to prove to myself that I'm stronger than this. That I can stop whenever I want. And if I really want to, I can enjoy a smoke free life.

Not sure if you read all of this or not, but if you did, thanks. It means a lot to me, and I hope to have your support.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Guess What ISH

Well, best of luck. If this is something you really want to do then I wish you the best with it.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
I know you're gonna say I'm a big fat lesbian for posting this, or that it isn't thread worthy, or that I'm just trying to gain attention, because I'm an attention whore, but f*ck it. I'm actually gonna quit smoking pot.

I know what you're thinking... "who cares?" Well I do, so **** you.

It's basically that I've been smoking nearly everyday for five years. I don't like to delve too much into my personal life, but this is real. I mean this.

Basically, I smoked for the first time at the age of 14. Wasn't a big fan of it, it made me feel anxious and weird, and as a school athlete, I was believe it or not, I didn't like it. But a couple of my bball buddies would toke every now and again before playing, so I would join them. Not every time, but probably half of the time. I turn 15, start highschool, and the pot smoking wasn't out of control at all. I had probably only smoked 10 times or so. I just wasn't into it that much, so much in fact that I was dating this total hottie, and she actually bought and 1/8 one time, and asked me to smoke it with her. I said no, and never heard anything about it again. This girl was basically my first love, and we broke up.

So we break up, I'm heartbroken to say the least, and it was at this point during my freshman year that something inside me changed. I began skipping school, my grades slipped, I began hanging out with other OLDER skippers, and those skippers turned out to be HUGE pot heads. Needless to say, I begin to party more, I start going out everyday before school to smoke pot - and guess what that leads to? Skipping school to go get high.

Fast forward to 5 years later and here I am, a happy go lucky pothead with an optimistic outlook on life. I defied the odds, graduated highschool, am in college, and ha, believe it or not ISH, I DO have a social life despite what my high post count says.

The thing is, I'm a pothead. And no, I'm not bragging. I mean that I literally smoke on average 3-6 times per day. And by "per", it's probably 2 big bowls per session.

I feel like this plant called marijuana consumes me, and as much as I love it, trust me I do, I can't stand to feel like I'm weak, and that a goddamned plant of all things, is gonna control my life.

So as of now I'm taking a break. I've said it before, trust me I've said it before, and as pathetic as it sounds, especially coming from a guy rocking a half naked JT avy, the LONGEST break I have taken to date is 3 days. 3 ****ing days.

So I'm taking a break from my ganja filled life, just to prove to myself that I'm stronger than this. That I can stop whenever I want. And if I really want to, I can enjoy a smoke free life.

Not sure if you read all of this or not, but if you did, thanks. It means a lot to me, and I hope to have your support.

Stopped there.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Well, best of luck. If this is something you really want to do then I wish you the best with it.
Thanks man. So far so good.

1 day down.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #5
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Stopped there.
Cool, thanks man.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:50 AM   #6
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Very honorable
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:51 AM   #7
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Sounds like a good idea. Good luck.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:51 AM   #8
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

i know that weed is relatively harmless, but anything has the potential to be abused. and yeah, i smoke i'd say about once a month, and then even then i immediately regret it. it's a good feeling once in a while, but after a while it gets to be way too much. all my friends smoke blunts, and one of my friends who is obviously trying way too hard to fit in with his cousin and his friends has just recently just started smoking 2-3 blunts a day. it's annoying. he never wants to do anything besides smoke weed, and i really don't see what's so appealing about it.
bottomline, i think that going cold turkey is unnecessary, just lessen your smoking to every 3 days, then once a week, then once every 2 weeks, until you get to about once a month. that's my comfort zone at least.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:53 AM   #9
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bravo to you, Catz. It's good you can see this and not be in denile about it.

I too had a problem with smoking. Weed in itself isn't a bad drug, but if used everyday for a long period of time, it does consume you indeed. From 16-19 years old I smoked pot every single day also. Longest I went without some would be a day or two every couple of months. I tried stopping time and time again, but realized that when people said marijuana wasn't addictive, they obviously didn't use it as I did. Expect some serious anxiety, depression, and extreme boredom no matter what you do. After a couple weeks you'll be back to normal. It's really worth dropping. Saves you money, brain cells, and enhances your overall quality of life.

Good luck, man. I hope you never look back. I didn't.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:53 AM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Best of Luck Catz. I can relate once being a big stoner myself. It sucks to quit but once you get out of routine it gets much easier. Just be strong early on. Work out and play ball a lot. Occupy yourself with healthier activities to take your mind off it. You will realize you feel better to know you are not a slave to the ganj. Saves you some $$$ too.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:55 AM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
i know that weed is relatively harmless, but anything has the potential to be abused. and yeah, i smoke i'd say about once a month, and then even then i immediately regret it. it's a good feeling once in a while, but after a while it gets to be way too much. all my friends smoke blunts, and one of my friends who is obviously trying way too hard to fit in with his cousin and his friends has just recently just started smoking 2-3 blunts a day. it's annoying. he never wants to do anything besides smoke weed, and i really don't see what's so appealing about it.
bottomline, i think that going cold turkey is unnecessary, just lessen your smoking to every 3 days, then once a week, then once every 2 weeks, until you get to about once a month. that's my comfort zone at least.
I've tried that. And trust me man, as a big time smoker, I just don't think weening off works. Not for me anyways.

I mean I smoke so much, that when I wake up in the mornings, I immediately think of when I'm gonna catch that first buzz. Like Christ, Denny, you just woke up man!

I think cold turkey is the way to go. And I've just been psyching myself up all day about it. I don't need a DRUG to get by, I don't need a PLANT to control my daily actions. All I need is me, and I'm fine with that.

Life is far too beautiful to be wasted by smoking ounces of pot on a weekly basis.

Last edited by catzhernandez : 04-24-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:56 AM   #12
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Cool, thanks man.

Reverse psychology

I haven't smoked in over a month and while I do miss it, it's nice having extra cash. I've quit before for almost a whole year, just find something productive to do, like playing basketball or working out. Turn it into a double positive, you stopped smoking and you're getting in better shape. It's easier than you think, don't psych yourself out over it.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #13
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i used to toke about 2-3 times day for about 1 1/2-2 years. eventually i got bored of it, being labeled as a stoner, having no ambition, and only wantiong to do it. I havent touched it in two years on september 19th (i remember because it is my sisters birthday) and i did it cold turkey and honestly it was incredibly easy. i smoke to and have tried to quit numerous times and failed so people cant say it is something thats in you. also i figured i experienced all i could with it and had a bunch of fun so i figured it was time.

best of luck though, still cant wrap my mind around you being an athlete tho
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #14
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I've tried that. And trust me man, as a big time smoker, I just don't think cold turkey works. Not for me anyways.

I mean I smoke so much, that when I wake up in the mornings, I immediately think of when I'm gonna catch that first buzz. Like Christ, Denny, you just woke up man!

I think cold turkey is the way to go. And I've just been psyching myself up all day about it. I don't need a DRUG to get by, I don't need a PLANT to control my daily actions. All I need is me, and I'm fine with that.

Life is far too beautiful to be wasted by smoking ounces of pot on a weekly basis.

emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #15
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Bravo to you, Catz. It's good you can see this and not be in denile about it.

I too had a problem with smoking. Weed in itself isn't a bad drug, but if used everyday for a long period of time, it does consume you indeed. From 16-19 years old I smoked pot every single day also. Longest I went without some would be a day or two every couple of months. I tried stopping time and time again, but realized that when people said marijuana wasn't addictive, they obviously didn't use it as I did. Expect some serious anxiety, depression, and extreme boredom no matter what you do. After a couple weeks you'll be back to normal. It's really worth dropping. Saves you money, brain cells, and enhances your overall quality of life.

Good luck, man. I hope you never look back. I didn't.
You're gonna bring a tear to my eye man. That post seriously touched me. It hits exactly where I'm standing at this point in time. People honestly don't understand.

I don't want to look back either, I seriously don't.

And the anxiety, depression, and boredom is going to be the hardest I think. Every time I've tried to quit in the past these are always the worst.

But I didn't smoke at all today (incredibly rare, I smoke 99 out of 100 days easily) but because I've been psyching myself out about it all day, it wasn't too bad. I just pray two weeks from now that I haven't given in. I will do everything in my power not to, I don't want to get weak, because it IS an addiction.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: