Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-05-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation
Default Eagles and Cowboys this weekend

The biggest game of the season so far. Who you got? Even though I have the Eagles winning the division, the Cowboys will pull this one off. I may even head over to Philly sportin my TO jersey and dare anyone to step to me.

TO & Donovan at it again:

Days before the buddies-turned-enemies face off for the first time since their nasty breakup, a misunderstanding is brewing over a text message McNabb says he sent Owens last week after a trip to the hospital was reported as an attempted suicide.

Owens said Wednesday he never got it. While he stopped short of calling McNabb a liar, the sour look on his face sure seemed to insinuate it.

Earlier Wednesday, in separate interviews with reporters in Philadelphia and on a conference call with reporters in Dallas, McNabb said he reached out to Owens to "let him know that I was thinking about him praying for him," adding that he hoped "everything would turn out well and that he'd get back out on the field and be healthy."

"And if he needed anything, to call," McNabb said he wrote.

McNabb said he never got a response, but added he wasn't looking for one, either.

"I think the message was sent," McNabb said. "If he read it or received it, then I think he would know"
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Eagles got this game......Eagles know they gotta get a good pass rush on Bledsoe..Rushing Qb is a strength of this defense...I predict at least 2 sacks on Sunday, add in alot of knock downs and hurries... The Eagles offense should put up at least 24 to 27 pts on the cowboys and it will be pandemonium in the stands...cant wait ....

Oh, and dont wear a T.O jersey to Philly because you will get confronted....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

It's going to be close i want Dallas to Take this game though only because im in the same division as them (giant fan) and we cant afford the eagles to go 4-1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #4
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

I don't think TO will have that many catches. 4-5 tops. Maybe even a TD. He may be used for somewhat of a diversionary tactic. They'll run the ball up the middle over that Eagle D-Line and eventually open things up for Terry Glenn.

Bledsoe has been getting great protection so far this year, so I don't think that Eagles pass rush will pose a problem.

This will be a low scoring battle.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Should be a great game either way. Has that playoff atmosphere that gets you up for a game like this.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Bledsoe has been getting great protection so far this year, so I don't think that Eagles pass rush will pose a problem.

Eagles were tied for league lead in sacks last time I checked....We got at least 15 or 16 sacks already.... I expect there to be some heat on Bledsoe this sunday... Even with Kearse down, We got Trent Cole (who might still lead the the league is sacks..I havent checked in few days) and Darren Howard (who is an absolute technician when it comes to rushing the Qb) on the other end... We got 2 great young tackles in the rookie Bunkley and the 2nd year guy Patterson who returned the fumble against the 49ers....Our D line is like 10 deep and we rotate to keep them fresh...We dont even need to blitz anymore to get pressure up front....

Dont be surprised if you see Bledsoe take some punishment

Anyway...Cowboys receivers are a serious threat, so I expect the Birds to turn the heat up on Drew
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #7
deion2123
High school junior varsity star

deion2123 has an OK reputation so far

Cowboys by a TD..no one in that Eagle secondary can cover any of the Cowboy receivers
deion2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #8
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

if u wear a cowboys TO jersey, u wont stand a chance. its hard enough wearing a cowboys jersey there, let alone TO's jersey considering he wrecked their franchise last year.

since my team, tampa bay, is out of it for the season, im goin for the cowboys(i live in texas), i hope dallas pulls it out and i hope TO has a huge day. 8 rec. for about 145 yds and 2 TD's would be a good game. but i dont think thatll happen, glenn and bledsoe seem to be firing on all cylinders right now
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: