Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #16
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So are we all gonna act like Kanye West isn't back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
his first album was his best though.
fixed. your retarded. he had only 3 albums before 808's.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #17
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
fixed. your retarded. he had only 3 albums before 808's.

which is exactly what i said..his earlier ones were better than his later ones..

Last edited by 1manfastbreak : 04-24-2009 at 04:45 PM.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #18
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the joint with the clipse is hot. the one with common is trash (crap beat, horrible hook and common's verse is straight garbage).
there is no way kanye is top 5 as an emcee. his lyrics are average, his flow is below average and his voice is irritating. the fact that you consider him top 5 is risible, v.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #19
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kanye's breathing irritates the hell out of me. His past albums have generally been great enough in other aspects that I can get past it, but if he's spitting over a below average beat, it's way too annoying to ignore.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #20
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
kanye's verse is way too obvious. he's not a good rapper actually. flow is aight, voice is irritating and lyrics are meh. he's a good artist though. him supposedly being top 5 says more about the current crop of rappers.
v-unit, you should know this board is full of highly accredited music critics.
/sarcasm
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #21
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hahaha

loot beat me to the punch in this thread. our posts were almost exactly the same hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
No, the verse you posted is just describing a card game. That doesn't make it nice that it makes card references when the story being told is about cards.

Kanye's verse used cards for a story of love, not for a card game

no, that verse is actually talking about wu making it in the industry.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:59 AM   #22
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's a talented producer, but I'm not really feelin his style anymore, and I never thought much of his lyrical delivery.

It's funny, because people always told Kanye he'd be a great producer his whole career, but that he couldn't make it rapping. Well, he definately made it rapping.... but that doesn't change the fact that producing is his real talent.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #23
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Kanye is a gay fish

Agreed.

Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:37 AM   #24
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

man i liked both those songs a lot better than anything on the last album. kanye is anakin skywalker; cloudy, his future is.

I'd wouldn't call him a top 5 emcee but Kanye's got a good mix of style and a tolerable dose of catchy accessibility; you know it's coke and fries but it tastes so good. He's a funny guy with a bunch of good songs, i don't understand the dislike.

thanks for sharing

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 04-25-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:10 AM   #25
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Sticking up for Kanye, by the numbers

don't front, this is the jam.

right

left

right

left

YOU'RE TOOTHLESS, then you say GOD DAMN THEY RUTHLESS!!!
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #26
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Man, the hate crimes around here are so ridiculous. Kanye West is what hip hop is all about. Well, before he went through the drama queen phase. I can't rock with his personal decisions on how to dress but on a musical standpoint, he is one of the best to do this sh*t on a mainstream level. This guy can absolutely ride a beat on GOAT levels. His lyrics aren't groundbreaking but his wordplay is impecable. You can understand every f*ckin word that comes out of his mouth (unlike someof these fools who just mumble over the beat). And anyone who says his production skills arent top notch is definately hatin'.

Let's be real, when Ye first came out he was like a breath of fresh air to the game. Yea, he made a "way outta left field" album, but guess what? That sh*t is probably double plat by now and damn near went gold the first week. Somebody liked that sh*t. Aside from that, he tried something new. Hip hop heads condemed it. Oh well, it didn't work out. Time to do something else. That's hip hop! Meanwhile you got fools like 50 Cent doing the same ol, "I'm gonna spin a wheel and see what name it falls on for my new beef" bullsh*t and most of yall eat that garbage up.

Ye is my dude. I can't wait till he comes back with that heat. Look, take the time and go listen to some of his sh*t. Listen to the way he takes control of the beats. Go listen to his verse on "Brand New" or "Wouldn't Get Far". Hell, I know one thing. He sh*tted on Jay (for the second time - check out Talib's "Get By" remix), Weezy, and TI on Swagga. Saying otherwise is like slapping Jesus.

Edit: Hadn't even listened to the posted tracks before I responded to the thread.

Kinda Like a Big Deal: WHAAAAAAAAT??!!! That niqqa was spittin like crazy! Are yall nuts?!!

Magic Man: Lol, my new theme song. "I...am..The Magic Man...."

Last edited by The Magic Man : 04-25-2009 at 11:03 AM.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #27
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

I didnt think that first Kanye Album was that special at all. It was nice. That's all. I'm still playing All Falls Down too, but I'm not seeing the hype here. Dude got mad credit for sampling, and speeding up old soul samples etc, but it had all been done before. It was just the people who hadnt been into hiphop for years who were blown away. Kanye is nice, but not groundbreaking. And no, his wordplay isnt impecable.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #28
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

To me, even though I loved Kanye's first couple of albums, I never considered him to be a great rapper. He was just witty, had a swag about him, and was creative/a great producer. In terms of actual talent as just a rapper, i'd give him a 7/10.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #29
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
I didnt think that first Kanye Album was that special at all. It was nice. That's all. I'm still playing All Falls Down too, but I'm not seeing the hype here. Dude got mad credit for sampling, and speeding up old soul samples etc, but it had all been done before. It was just the people who hadnt been into hiphop for years who were blown away. Kanye is nice, but not groundbreaking. And no, his wordplay isnt impecable.

This + Your other response in this thread = hater

No real reasoning behind what are even saying. His wordplay isn't on point? Please dude, quit hating. The posted track is proof of thast. Mad credit for sampling? Who the f*ck doesn't sample? Bet you got that Weezy on repeat though.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #30
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
This + Your other response in this thread = hater

No real reasoning behind what are even saying. His wordplay isn't on point? Please dude, quit hating. The posted track is proof of thast. Mad credit for sampling? Who the f*ck doesn't sample? Bet you got that Weezy on repeat though.

**** off and learn how to read wanker.

I'm not a hater. I did put it pretty clearly that I think he's pretty nice. Idiot.

Also, I didn't say anything about wether or not he sampled, I said people gave him credit for bringing some sort of sampling back/reintroducing it.

Also, you lost your bet.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: