Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
lakersfoelyfe
I airball my layups

lakersfoelyfe has an OK reputation so far
Default X-Factor.......

who do you think will be the x factor this year for us to have a succesful season???

Is it kwame, whether or not he can give us a decent low post presence ???

How about Odom, whether or not he can finally give us a consistent second option ???

Maybe it's Vlad, whether or not he can give us the outside shooting we lack last year, while helping us grab more rebounds ???

or maybe if you have other's in mind ???

curious about your thoughts on this???
lakersfoelyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the true X-Factor is injuries. If the Lakers have an injury-free season, they will have an improvement from last year.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

^well, thats a good point but an injury free season is a good Xfactor in any year on most teams.

For me, its Kwame. Kwame will be our guy to stop ppl like duncan,yao,brand,amare, etc...if you can control the paint on the defensive end, its will disrupt alot of your opponents strategy. and Kwame is our anchor in that category. moreoever, if kwame could just hold onto the ball and dunk it, oh man, look out. kobe and odom causing matchup problems like hell, and vladrad as a three point threat, kwame has to step up and control the paint. if that happens, lakers are one dangerous team. kwame has been bustin his ass all summer and is ready to go which is a great sign.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

kwame.
we don't improve (much) unless he makes real strides.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
^well, thats a good point but an injury free season is a good Xfactor in any year on most teams.

So I cheated, whats your point!

Actually, I think people often overlook injuries as a factor that can impact a team during the course of a season.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

Actually, I think people often overlook injuries as a factor that can impact a team during the course of a season.

we were relatively injury free last year, esp as compared to Houston. Kwame is the key to our success, or lack thereof...i.e. we need a dominant force down low.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I'll agree with that. hopefully we're all healthy. btw,anyone think kobe will be better off right away this season because he got that surgery or do you think the procedure itself will have a negative effect in the beginning?
Old 10-06-2006, 11:36 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

positive effect. I hope it keeps him off the court for a couple weeks, forcing others into playing together, relying on themselves and not Kobe. Also, give more time to Evans.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Phil Jackson Mentioned after the Kwame trade, "Kwame is going to be the difference if we have a good team, or a great team."

It's also Smush Parker because he can't have any more games like games 4,5,6,and 7
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #10
lakersfoelyfe
I airball my layups

lakersfoelyfe has an OK reputation so far
Default just my opinion.......

Quote:

I agree that injuries will play a major role, but this is the kind of stuff you can't control ............a player can work out all summer and end up getting injured in the first game.
lakersfoelyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:53 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-shaq
Hello Everyone,

Its me again and I think the x-factor for this year is going to be the one the only Sasha Vujacic. He is going to tear it up he will take over Kobe's job and be the starting Shooting Guard for the Lakers. Also kobe will never gain it back and Sasha will be a 13 time all star. Finally, Kobe should just retire because Sasha is going to be the first one to 110 points in one game, and he will be number one on the 50 all times greatest's players list.

Love and God Bless,

Anti-shaq

Allah Yakhrib Bitak!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

WHOA THERE LAKERFREAK, WERE ARE YOU COMING FROM, WE AMERICAN PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUR OF YOUR MOUTH. TRANSLATE PLEASE.

Love and God Bless,

Anti-shaq

Why don't you ask Hotsizzle. he knows what it means, and quit singlin me out like im some dumbass.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:37 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

what are your intentions on this forum?

Just explain and I promise to stop quoting you every single time.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:48 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I do not have any intentions on this forum. I am stating my opinion. IT IS AMERICA THAT LAST I CHECKED. RIGHT? According to our first ammendment, we have the freedom of speech. Oh I do not care if you quote me. You are doing what you believe.

Love and God Bless,

Anit-Shaq

This isnt america son, this is LAKER LAND.

It's supposed to be drug and smoking free (sorry Mariodeathgrip )

and if you wanna go Talk about God go to a church's forum because this forum is strictly basketball.

Nothign against God, he made me, but not here man ok...seriously! the first 2 posts were funny but this stuff gets old really fast.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:52 AM   #15
hotsizzle
Superstar

Anti-shaq, is it too much to ask that you respect this forum and to avoid making attacks on posters. You can bash the Lakers all you want but please present an arguement rather than a trashy one line post.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: