Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #16
D-Shark

Default Re: Cowboys Draft Evaluation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Rd Sel # Player Position School
1 22 Felix Jones RB Arkansas
1 25 Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
2 61 Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M
4 122 Tashard Choice RB Georgia Tech
5 143 Orlando Scandrick CB Boise State
6 167 Erik Walden LB Middle Tennessee State
2007 - Dallas Cowboys
1 26 Anthony Spencer OLB Purdue
3 67 James Marten OT Boston College
4 103 Isaiah Stanback WR Washington
4 122 Doug Free OT Northern Illinois
6 178 Nick Folk K Arizona
6 195 Deon Anderson FB Connecticut
7 212 Courtney Brown CB Cal Poly-S.L.O.
7 237 Alan Ball CB Illinois
2006 - Dallas Cowboys
1 18 Bobby Carpenter LB Ohio State
2 53 Anthony Fasano TE Notre Dame
3 92 Jason Hatcher DE Grambling State
4 125 Skyler Green WR Louisiana State
5 138 Pat Watkins FS Florida State
6 182 Montavious Stanley DT Louisville
7 211 Pat McQuistan T Weber State
7 224 E.J. Whitley C Texas Tech
2005 - Dallas Cowboys
1 11 DeMarcus Ware OLB Troy State
1 20 Marcus Spears DE Louisiana State
2 42 Kevin Burnett LB Tennessee
4 109 Marion Barber RB Minnesota
4 132 Chris Canty DE Virginia
6 208 Justin Beriault DB Ball State
6 209 Rob Petitti T Pittsburgh
7 224 Jay Ratliff DE Auburn
2004 - Dallas Cowboys
2 43 Julius Jones RB Notre Dame
2 52 Jacob Rogers T USC
3 83 Stephen Peterman G Louisiana State
4 121 Bruce Thornton CB Georgia
5 144 Sean Ryan TE Boston College
7 205 Nate Jones CB Rutgers
7 216 Patrick Crayton WR Northwestern Oklahoma State
7 223 Jacques Reeves CB Purdue

I don't see what's so good about your recent drafts. Ware is the only one that really stands out to me.

Those were all good picks...
Old 04-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #17
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Shark
Those were all good picks...
Anthony Spencer was not a good pick at this point in time. He's been a huge bust and had trouble staying on the field. The verdict is still not out on him but as of right now he's a bust considering he was a first round pick.

Marcus Spears is serviceable but is hardly an impact player. Had he been drafted in the 3rd or 4th round I'd agree that he is a good pick but he was taken 20th overall making him a rather large disappointment.

Kevin Burnett was not a good pick and is nothing more than a decent backup.

Hatcher has been serviceable nothing more.

Fasano was traded to the Dolphins for a 4th round pick. That means he wasn't a good pick.

All in all the Cowboys are in the middle of the pack at drafting. Not good or bad.

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 04-26-2009 at 07:08 PM.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #18
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tashard Choice was a steal for the boys last year, he makes the Jones pick look like a reach. They should of got Desean jackson with the 1st pick he would of made a good combo with T.O.

Choice is a beast. He is what teams need a hard, passionate player who is willing to fight.
before a game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nnstylh2g8
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #19
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I like Choice A LOT.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #20
D-Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Anthony Spencer was not a good at this point in time. He's been a huge bust and had trouble staying on the field. The verdict is still not out on him but as of right now he's a bust.

Marcus Spears is serviceable but is hardly an impact player. Had he been drafted in the 3rd or 4th round I'd agree that he is a good pick but he was taken 20th overall making him a rather large disappointment.

Kevin Burnett was not a good pick and is nothing more than a decent backup.

Hatcher has been serviceable nothing more.

Fasano was traded to the Dolphins for a 4th round pick. That means he wasn't a good pick.

All in all the Cowboys are in the middle of the pack at draft. Not good or bad.

I guess I can agree with all those comments... but I think Anothony Spencer will step up this year.

You have to remember that we got Ratliff in the 7th round... and he made the ProBowl last year... That makes up for the Spears pick.

Last edited by D-Shark : 04-26-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #21
-primetime-

I never realized how much we rocked in 05...

the 6th round picks sucked...and that is it...

WE GOT RATLIFF IN THE 7TH ROUND!!!...HOLY SH*T!!!!

I never knew that...
Old 04-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #22
-primetime-

btw you left out our 1st round pick:

Old 04-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #23
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Shark
Yea I copied and pasted... Guess what?

I don't give a f*ck.

Then why did you edit it all out tough-guy?
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #24
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why did you draft a kicker?
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #25
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I never realized how much we rocked in 05...

the 6th round picks sucked...and that is it...

WE GOT RATLIFF IN THE 7TH ROUND!!!...HOLY SH*T!!!!

I never knew that...

Dude you've told me on numerous occasions that Spears has been as huge disappoint considering he was a 1st rounder.

Burnett isn't with the team any longer and is a back-up on the Chargers.

Yes this was a great draft for the Cowboys but Burnett and Spears were not great picks.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #26
-primetime-

Quote:
Dude you've told me on numerous occasions that Spears has been as huge disappoint considering he was a 1st rounder.

Burnett isn't with the team any longer and is a back-up on the Chargers.

Yes this was a great draft for the Cowboys but Burnett and Spears were not great picks.
yeah he isn't a stud or anything but unlike Carpenter he is still a worthy starter and belongs on the feild...

I just never knew how much of a steal that Ratliff was...WOW
Old 04-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
btw you left out our 1st round pick:

18 catches 1 TD for Dallas in 10 games. Some first round pick.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #28
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
yeah he isn't a stud or anything but unlike Carpenter he is still a worthy starter and belongs on the feild...

I just never knew how much of a steal that Ratliff was...WOW
Quite the steal. Too bad you weren't able to retain his services.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #29
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
18 catches 1 TD for Dallas in 10 games. Some first round pick.
Wide Receivers picked in the 1st round often struggle in their first year. I expect big things in year two.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #30
-primetime-

Quote:
All in all the Cowboys are in the middle of the pack at drafting. Not good or bad.
and really hate it when people say things like this and then follow it up with "DALLAS COULDN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WITH THE MOST TALENTED TEAM IN THE NFL!!!"

damn near our ENTIRE team was drafted...

Roy Williams and Leonard Davis were FAs...everyone else was a draft pick...

-Witten
-Ware
-Barber
-Newman
-Adams
-Felix
-Ellis
-Ratliff
-ect

-Romo was a walk on

how can anyone say we are just "average" at drafting when our draft picks take up half the damn ProBowl???
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: