Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default Now We Might Lose McDyess....

Quote:
But after five seasons, Antonio McDyess is still looking for that ring, and with the Pistons in transition, he might decide to land with a championship contender. He likely will be in demand from teams that think he might be the missing piece to a championship. And he admitted this dismal season could impact his decision this summer. "It was a disappointing season for me and for everyone in this locker room," McDyess said. "It will probably play a role in what my decision is. At this point I just want to win and at least compete. This season just seems like a loss for us." -- Detroit Free Press

I really hope they can keep him around. I don't think the "rebuilding" process is going to take years here. I think with the cap space we have we can be contenders again next year. We need to keep our bench strong though and that means keeping McDyess around.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
PistonsFan1119
I brick open layups

Default Re: Now We Might Lose McDyess....

Its important the we keep McDyess he plays a vital role and no matter who we pick up this off season we can't really account for the loss of McDyess and Sheed
PistonsFan1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Kombo
:)

McDyess was our best player this year. For his sake, I hope he can join a contender for his final few years.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

He is one of those people I would like to see win a championship, I just wish it was with Detroit :) There will certainly be a high demand for his services, especially from teams like San Antonio, Cleveland, Boston, and LA.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Sheed too

Link

Quote:
Rumor mill

n Sources say Pistons forward/center Rasheed Wallace asked for a buyout this year, but management declined. Some observers think the possible buyout would have been to join the Cavs. He's an unrestricted free agent this summer and could be someone the Cavs covet — at the right price. He seems totally disinterested in this current series, but the 6-foot-11, 230-pounder still has something left in his tank.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

It would really suck if Sheed ended up in Cleveland.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
McDyess was our best player this year. For his sake, I hope he can join a contender for his final few years.
no doubt. I felt extremely sorry for him, when it was obvious in the last part of the season he was the only one who cared. Frankly, I hope he does go somewhere and win one. as for sheed, good riddance. his act has grown tired and he doesnt care.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #8
Attila
National High School Star

I hope McDyess wins a title. Dude deserves one. He played his hart out this year. I hope Cavs get Sheed, he will make em worse lol.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
paguy1955
High School Starter

two things want to get out there:

first all us Nuggets fans want to thank Joe D. for giving us MR BIG SHOT.

last but not least... Wonder if Antonio is regretting refusing to play with the Nuggets. Wouldn't this be a bit^% if his last chance for a ring he turned down!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
Geandily
Local High School Star

Kinda sad that he refused to play for Denver, dude wasn't thinking about himself
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #11
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Kinda sad that he refused to play for Denver, dude wasn't thinking about himself

Kinda sad they were d-bags to him when he played there years ago, which is why he refused to play. Honestly, dice has gotta win that championship and can't stick in Detroit. Best of luck to him and thanks for all he has done. Although he could be considered a cancer, no championships and comes to the pistons the year after they won the title.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

Since the Lakers can't keep Odom and Ariza I think McDyess would be smart to try to go to LA and sign for the vets minimum and try to win a championship there. He could be a great back up for Gasol & Bynum. He's definitely more consistent than Odom too. I'm not saying he's necessarily better, but at least they would know what they are getting on a daily basis.

Of course with that said I'd like to see him stay in Detroit. With the right moves this off season they could be instant contenders again.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #13
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Yeah, the way I feel it there are 3 major caps at starting center, pf, and pg. he would probably definitely fill the pf spot and we could fill one or both of the other spots with trades/draft/free agency easily. The problem is in order for this team to become a contender and have dice want to play for us someone like rip/tay might need to be traded. And with no sheed, chauncey, rip/tay/etc. I'm not sure how much he would want to stay with a team that has lost some of his good friends.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #14
goldenryan
I'm Back

mdyess should sign with orlando it's his best chance to win a ring. sheed might end in denver or dallas.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #15
dd24
College superstar

I think his best chance to win a ring would be to sign with Boston or LA. Boston took Orlando to 7 games without KG. Imagine if they had KG and McDyess. Nonetheless, I really think we can put together a legit team. I think those guys will wait to see what major moves get made. They need other players to set the bar for what free agents will sign for anyway. Hopefully at least one of them will see Joe D is in win now mode and will stay. Otherwise our depth will really be hurting. I wouldn't mind trading Amir/Maxiell or both.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: