Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #31
Younggrease
Banned

Default Re: College Students

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Would you say the majority of Law Students do not work?

As for me, I haven't got a FT position lined up for the fall. I think I'm going to be studying for my CPA during the summer as well as for the GMAT or LSAT. Not to sure where to go now?

Almost all Full Time law students do not work. And if they do work there you are only allowed to work 15-20 hours per week. If you have a job in the fall you could apply for a part time admission but there are also advantages and disadvantages to that.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #32
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

How do you guys even afford college? Do you get loans or what?
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18

Financial aid. Scholarships, grants, student loans. It all depends on financial situation with your parent or parents. Some kids parents can foot the bill themselves. Others cant but probably make too much for full support for tuition. Then there are those situations where a good chunk of financial aid is given. It varies but student loands usually is how.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #34
ElPigto
*****istrator

A few A's, some B's, possibly a C or two, depending how my finals go. Financial aid should come through with me. I was able to keep my grades in college to keep my 20k scholarship for four years, plus i kept the 3.0 for some other grants I need it. I'm happy. Should be out of here like in a year.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #35
ScottStuart
Kids at the park dunk on me

3.0 gpa worked the whole time I was in school full time to support myself until I got laid off in January. I just have this 1 last calculus final to take and all I need is a 61% to officially get my diploma. Graduating with a business administration degree and can't for the life of me find a job right now other than sales jobs that don't necessarily require a diploma.

I'm gonna go back to school more than likely next semester to get a computer information systems degree mainly because a business admin degree without a specialty seems useless at the moment. I can't believe I can't get a job with a degree. It's beyond my wildest dreams. Been looking for 2 months. If anyone can help me out, PM me.
ScottStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #36
Batman
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStuart
3.0 gpa worked the whole time I was in school full time to support myself until I got laid off in January. I just have this 1 last calculus final to take and all I need is a 61% to officially get my diploma. Graduating with a business administration degree and can't for the life of me find a job right now other than sales jobs that don't necessarily require a diploma.

I'm gonna go back to school more than likely next semester to get a computer information systems degree mainly because a business admin degree without a specialty seems useless at the moment. I can't believe I can't get a job with a degree. It's beyond my wildest dreams. Been looking for 2 months. If anyone can help me out, PM me.

- Note to self-

Make sure your major isn't Business Administration.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #37
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18

I pay for that **** out of my own pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Would you say the majority of Law Students do not work?

As for me, I haven't got a FT position lined up for the fall. I think I'm going to be studying for my CPA during the summer as well as for the GMAT or LSAT. Not to sure where to go now?

Are you an accounting major?
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: