Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default Spurs Interested In Sheed

Quote:
San Antonio will not have cap space until 2010 (when Ginobili's contract expires), but there will be plenty of talented free agents who may accept the mid-level exception this summer. Expect the Spurs to make a run at Rasheed Wallace, the longtime starting power forward for the Pistons. -- New York Times

Sheed for the MLE is not a bad deal. If that's all he is getting the Pistons should try to retain him. I would hate to give our guys away for nothing and then let them win a championship somewhere. Duncan and Sheed would be a very tough combo in the west. I'm not against letting him go, but we would need two solid bigs before we let that happen.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: Spurs Interested In Sheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Sheed for the MLE is not a bad deal. If that's all he is getting the Pistons should try to retain him. I would hate to give our guys away for nothing and then let them win a championship somewhere. Duncan and Sheed would be a very tough combo in the west. I'm not against letting him go, but we would need two solid bigs before we let that happen.
the issue is whether sheed is playing like he did down the stretch this year (clearly he didnt want to be here). if so, let him go and try and get some energy from being in a new situation. I would rather run out amir and whoever we get in FA than see another die by sheed type situation.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Spurs Interested In Sheed

I think anywhere he ends up at he will be in a more limited role. He isn't what he used to be. He's still pretty decent though. I think he's had a tough time in Detroit lately because there are no good big guys around him. One of the most difficult things to do is to be the only big guy who can score, rebound, and play defense. I hate even going to a tournament where my team is under sized and I am forced to be the only one to do that. With the exception of McDyess, the Pistons haven't put much around Sheed. Maxiell was very disappointing this year. Amir is getting better but he's still not a starter on 95% of the teams in this league. I don't think I even need to mention Kwame. The bottom line is if we had someone else next to him it would make things a bit easier and he wouldn't have to carry the entire work load every game. I think that's why a place like San Antonio or Cleveland entices him.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: