Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default News and Notes from the Wolves Intersquad scrimmage

On Saturday, our Timberwolves finished up training cammp with an intersquad game. Here's some news and notes from the game.

Quote:
-- Ricky Davis, Trenton Hassell, and Tyrone Ellis were a combined five-of-five from three-point land on Saturday night.
-- Mark Blount led the team with three swats.
-- Ricky Davis shined in the first half, nailing his first five shots, including two three-point buckets from Mike James, and a one-handed hammer dunk following a steal.
-- Randy Foye showcased his ability to finish with a nice driving layup he left high on the glass at the close of the first quarter.
-- Mike James swiped the ball in the defensive backcourt from Foye, and finished a bucket plus the foul. Foye responded by taking the ball all the way down and pulling up for a deuce on James. The veteran, not to be outdone, dribbled the length for a bucket of his own, and followed with an assist to Craig Smith for a dunk on the next trip down.
-- Smith continued his impressive play, going five-for-five from the field with three rebounds and two assists.
-- Troy Hudson was in outstanding shooting form, dropping a three with 32 seconds left in the first half, then nailing a buzzer beater to close the first half.
-- Vin Baker said the scrimmage was a big personal test for him, especially in front of his "second father," John Lucas, who watched from the front row. Lucas could be proud that Baker showed flashes of why he is a four-time NBA All-Star, hitting five of eight shots for 10 points, along with two boards, three assists and a steal.
-- Assistant coach Rex Kalamian said he loved the energetic play of Justin Reed off the white team's bench.
-- Paul Shirley was three-of-three from the field, and made his only free throw attempt.
-- Dance team directors Melissa Sax and Tura Hallblade had their girls both performing well and looking great. To the untrained eye, their routines looked to be in midseason form.
-- Crunch is an excellent athlete, as he was throwing down some crazy tramp-aided dunks, including a rendition of former Minnesota guard J.R. Rider’s “Eastbay Funk.”

I bolded the ones I'm excited about. All of our froncourt bigs look to be improving, gotta love that.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

(excited) Even though I think the Mark Blount thing is probably just a coincidence. I don't think K.G. can even get this guy determined enough to play defense. This guy is the same one that will give a big smile after he fouled somebody or charged in a game. It pissed me off all the last half of the season when he smiles running down court about a charge or something stupid he did.

I'm praying for Vin Baker to make a return to his old form. If he can put up high percentage shots and play defense, that's all we would need from him. If he turns out he can create shots for himself and shoot 50% on top of it...even better. He would be a back-up for K.G. or playing Center??? Which?

Edit: Wow, I just checked out the wolves site and read up on the things in that article. I like these numbers.

Minnesota's top free agent signing, Mike James, offered a glimpse of what fans can expect from him this season, leading the black jerseys with nine assists to complement his 15 points, three boards and two steals. KG led all Wolves with 17 points, five rebounds and 3 steals, while Ricky Davis hit his first five shots en route to a 16 point, four assist, three rebound night.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 10-09-2006 at 03:24 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: