Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 28: Rockets-Blazers Game 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
your right, i just enjoy watching him post with his new avatar

True it is a sweet avatar.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #17
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

here is an explanation on the alleged conspiracy from a BLAZERS blogger
Quote:
Whenever something is unusual you want to examine it. However in that examination you also want to rule out reasonable causes before you jump to less reasonable or unusual ones, such as alleged bias.

--The Blazers' first quarter offense has tended towards jumpers. While it's hard to imagine them meriting ZERO free throws game after game after game one could imagine fewer free throws. I suppose the far end of "fewer" is zero.

--Yao Ming is unusual not just because of his talent but because he creates more contact on the move than does the normal big center. He's not a low post player exclusively. The Houston offense requires him to be in motion. This could help explain some of the fouls that are outside of the normal range for Blazer centers.

--The NBA has always favored bigger names with the benefit of the doubt in close calls. For better or worse, this is the league. Houston will find themselves on the opposite end of that reality should they progress to Round 2 against the L*kers. The Blazers may someday find themselves on the right side of the equation but it won't be on their first playoff trip, such favors won't be bestowed on Greg Oden until he develops more of a game, and such favors will never, ever be granted Joel Przybilla.

http://www.blazersedge.com/
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #18
Local High School Star

5150 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I guess it couldn't be done.

Was I the first one to complain about the refs in the thread? Why do you pass over people and come at me?

You know the disparity is huge between the fouls called. Ofcorse you do not want to hear anything about the refs when it is in your favor.

But you are right. If The Rockets had 6 fouls called on Yao and Scola in the first 5 minutes of the game and a foul disparity of 101 to 83 Blazers fans would ask the same thing you did about the refs.
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #19
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150
Was I the first one to complain about the refs in the thread? Why do you pass over people and come at me?

You know the disparity is huge between the fouls called. Ofcorse you do not want to hear anything about the refs when it is in your favor.

But you are right. If The Rockets had 6 fouls called on Yao and Scola in the first 5 minutes of the game and a foul disparity of 101 to 83 Blazers fans would ask the same thing you did about the refs.
thats a sweet ass avatar bro!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #20
Local High School Star

Chinese Cry Foul on NBA Referees

Beijing -- Taking up the cry of long-suffering coach Rick Adelman, millions of Yao Ming fans moved from the Chinese blogosphere to the streets chanting pro-Yao and anti-officiating sentiments.

"Where are the calls against the Trail Blazers?" "Yao is getting mugged." "The referees always call playoffs against Rockets."

Relief!

After Game 4, the relief in Beijing was palpable. "Finally, fouls called against such crowding." "Yao still is being assaulted. Every play they should call fouls on the American Running Dogs." "Yao would hang 40 on the Blazers except for their cheating ways." And, "Yao is so much a gentleman that he does not respond with superior Chinese kung fu."

Banners still hung far low: "If Rockets not make it out of first round, Chinese people boycott the NBA!"

Stern appears in Tien Mien Square

David Stern, sensitive to the Chinese position, read a short announcement. "It is about time that Yao, that giant talent from this unbelievably huge and growth oriented market, has made it out of the first round." When reminded that Houston had to win another game, Stern said, "Well, let's call that a formality."

"You are sure the Rockets make Round 2?"

"Yes, you can quote me in your native tongue that it will be a Kobe versus Yao showdown in Round 2."

"But sir, is that not a discredit to the proud Trail Blazers franchise of Bill Walton?"

Signing off with a little wave and a crooked smile, Stern said, "Believe me, by now they're used to it."
Old 04-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #21
Local High School Star

Quote:
thats a sweet ass avatar bro!

I got it at the First Round Lounge. Lots of people have them there.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #22
Local High School Star

Quote:
your right, i just enjoy watching him post with his new avatar

You like watching me post UNLESS it is about the refs?

Only from a rocket fan
Old 04-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #23
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150

I'm repping you because I love your avatar so much.

ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #24
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wont try to say that one team is getting benefit of the whistle (even though when you look at the numbers one team obviously is)

the main thing that bugs me about the officiating is simply the INCONSISTENCY. I have not seen any consistency in the calls in any of the games this series. One trip down the floor you get mugged on the way to the basket and there is a no call, the next trip down the floor you are handchecked on the perimeter and they call it. One second something is a foul, the next second its a no-call. This inconsistency has gone both ways against the Blazers and Rockets and im sure both teams would just like the refs to pull their heads out of their asses and make consistent calls for an entire game.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #25
iTruWarrior
Banned

iTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation here

Roy didn't practice yesterday due to flu symptoms. Go Rockets!
iTruWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #26
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

No Roy = More minutes for Travis Outlaw
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #27
iTruWarrior
Banned

iTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS
He's going to play though, He just didn't practice yesterday due to the flu. They just confirmed it too.
iTruWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #28
SilkyJohnson
Great young streetballer

SilkyJohnson is considered somewhat coolSilkyJohnson is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS

How definite is this?

Is he certain to not play?
SilkyJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #29
rezznor
Nosetradamus

dont get your hopes up, brandon roy isnt tmac. no way hes gonna miss this game.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #30
SilkyJohnson
Great young streetballer

SilkyJohnson is considered somewhat coolSilkyJohnson is considered somewhat cool

We saw how bad the Hornets were with an injured Paul...Houston by 60?
SilkyJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: