My list. No particular order. These are the cats I like to listen to. Remember, this is not a GOAT list, although I would include about 90% of these cats...
3. Notorious BIG
5. Ice Cube
7. Dre of Outkast (pre-crazy niqqa phase)
8. Kurupt (DPG days)
10. Kieth Murray ("The Most Beautifullest Thing in This World"
11. Slick Rick
12. Styles P (probably my favorite LOX member, but Jada hits harder)
13. Scarface (Ghetto Boys - present)
15. Talib Kweli (The Blast is my shiznit)
16. Black Thought
17. Mos Def
18. Method Man
20. Andre 3000 (still lays down fire)
21. MC Lyte (yall niqqas is sleepin'. Coldest female ever.)
23. Kool G Rap (beast on the mic)
24. Beanie Sigel (see Kool G.)
25. Lauryn Hill (used to put it down when she wasn't singing or sniffin')
26. Ras Kass (I lol when Wayne says "You see LA like a Bruin".
27. Kool Moe Dee
29. Snoop Dogg (Before pimp transformation. Death Row days.)
30. DJ Quick (Youtube "Dollars and Sense". Now!)
31. Big Daddy Kane
33. Young Chris (That guy is nice. Plus, Jay ran with his style.)
34. Prodigy (The HNIC is my sh*t)
35. DMX (Before going batsh*t crazy)
37. Ghostface (Don't get this niqqa half the time, but I still love his sh*t)
38. Q-Tip (Pre-"Vibrant Thing".)
41. Big L (Dude was supposed to sign with The Roc before being murked.)
42. D.O.C. (If not for the accident, he woulda been top 5 doa.)
43. MC Ren (Most underrated mc ever, IMO)
44. Eric Sermon (Was witty as hell with his rhymes)
45. Masta Ace (Still bump "Sittin on Chrome")
46. Kanye West
47. Busta Rhymes (Before he started putting out 100 cds per month.)
48. LL Cool J ("I'm Bad, "Mama Said" era)
49. Biz Marke (That niqqa was an entertainer)
50. Cannibus (4,3,2,1 and maybe a handfull of songs got this guy on my list.)
Eminem, KRS-One, Chuck D, Lil Wayne and others were notibaly left off. No hate to thier skills, just not that into these guys. Em should probably be on my list but I can't name more than a couple songs that I actually love by him. "Loose Yourself" was just imaculant. I hate KRS. Not the rapper, but the persona. You'd think dude f*cked a set of turntables and gave birth to hip hop. I just don't like how he feels he can judge other artists and determine what is hip hop and what's not. Chuck D just isn't a guy I listen to. Simple as that. I never bumped any of P.E.'s sh*t, that's all.
Shouts go out to Lil Kim, Dat Niqqa Daz, WC, Xzibit, Freeway, Cassidy, AZ (should be on my list), Big Boi, Inspectah Deck, GZA, G Dep, Sticky Fingaz, Warren G, Suga Free, Jean Grae (one of the dopest females I've ever heard), Luda, Bizzy Bone, Noriega, Fabolous, and other cats I like to bump from time to time.
BTW, did yall know Meth and Red have another duet as well as solos on the way this year?
Meth and Red - Blackout 2
Meth - Crystal method
Red - Muddy waters 2 (Would love for this to happen)