Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 10-07-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

Default GT; Pre-Season Game 2: Clippers @ CSKA Moscow

@

WHEN: Saturday, October 7th
WHERE: Russia
TIME: 5:00 AM Pacific; 8:00 AM Eastern
TV: NBATV
Radio: ESPN AM 710

Keep An Eye Out For:

Yaroslav Korolev
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:52 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Oh crap! what team is he on this year?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:53 AM   #3
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Oh crap! what team is he on this year?

He's a Clipper and playing against his old team and should get a lot of playing time just for that reason.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Final score: Clippers - 75
Cska - 94
What a washout, Cska (Euroleague champions) would be a very interesting opponent against most Nba teams
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

No surprise CSKA won, they have been together as a squad for a month to a month and a half while Clippers barely got together not more then a week ago. The loss is nothing to Clipper fans as much as Korolev not getting any PT against his old team.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

wow, this surprised me, thats for sure!! i think i agree, the Clips are only as good as Cassell... similar to the Lakers and Kobe.

================================================== ====
Ex-Duke star Langdon leads way as CSKA Moscow routs Clippers
Oct. 7, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

MOSCOW -- Trajan Langdon scored 17 points and Tomas Van Den Spiegel added 16 to lead CSKA Moscow to a 94-75 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers in an exhibition game Saturday.

Center Chris Kaman had 15 points and 11 rebounds and Corey Maggette scored 13 points for the Clippers, one of four NBA teams taking part in a European preseason tour and the first to play in Russia since the Atlanta Hawks in 1988.

"I'd love to come back and play these guys when we're definitely in shape -- to show them what we can do," Maggette said.

It was the second victory for a European team on the NBA Europe Live tour. FC Barcelona beat the Philadelphia 76ers 104-99 on Thursday in Barcelona.

"Beating a team from the NBA is not a thing that happens often," said Theodoros Papaloukas, who had 10 points and nine assists for CSKA.

Los Angeles forward Elton Brand said he "definitely (had) flashbacks of Papaloukas," who had 12 assists when Greece beat the United States in the semifinals of the world championships.

"He's a great player," Brand said.

CSKA, the Euroleague champions, grabbed the early lead before the Clippers went ahead 24-23 on Maggette's score. But CSKA regained the advantage with the next basket and never fell behind again, steadily widening their lead and making it 52-39 when Anton Ponkrashov scored just before halftime.

"We knew what they could do, and unfortunately we weren't able to stop it," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said.

Minutes after the break, former Duke star Langdon hit two straight 3-pointers in quick succession to put his team 16 points ahead and CSKA extended its lead to 65-45 with five minutes left in the quarter.

Tim Thomas made it 65-48 with a 3-pointer to start off seven unanswered points for the Clippers, but David Andersen scored for CSKA to help the Russian team to a 73-57 lead at the end of the third quarter.

The Clippers scored the first five points in the final quarter, including a 3-pointer from Maggette, but CSKA did not allow Los Angeles within 10 points again.

Dunleavy said the game was a good test for his team ahead of the new season.

"It tells us how far away we are," he said.

Matjaz Smodis and former Washington Wizards player David Vanterpool each had 14 points for CSKA, while Thomas scored 10 for Los Angeles. Former CSKA player Yaroslav Korolev played briefly for the Clippers at the end of the game but did not score.

The Clippers have been in Moscow since Oct. 1 for a training camp. They beat BC Khimki 98-91 on Friday night.

CSKA's Italian coach, Ettore Messina, said the team must "stay extremely humble" after the win.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24MVP
truth hurts people..
I dont know if u remember my statement that : NO CASSELL, NO SUCCESS for the clippers..
U didnt make the playoffs in 13 yerars before he came, and will not as soon as he leaves ( in about 2 years)

Agaisnt CSKA, livingston(ur next team leader??or is it Brand) started ( as he will the whole season)/ NO ASSISTS
RESULT: lost by 19 points agasinta european team..
LOOOOOOOLL at clippers fans ..u guyz have lowest the basketball IQ along witht he knicks fans..

have a good season

read

Someone give this kid Hooked On Phonics so he can learn to spell and make sense. Also, maybe he should also get his mind back that this was a pre-season game, nobody cares about the pre-season. If the Bobcats beat the Hawks, no one would care, just like no one gave a flying **** when the MLS All-Stars beat Chelsea. I'll be back here to laugh at you when the season is over.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
wow, this surprised me, thats for sure!! i think i agree, the Clips are only as good as Cassell... similar to the Lakers and Kobe.

It was pre-season, so does it make a difference? Did Chelsea start losing and doing **** after they lost to the MLS All-Stars(which was a combination of the MLS' best)? Nope they didn't, so what does the pre-season have anything to do with it.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:05 AM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24MVP
Sorry if in dfont read myself be4 sending low life.
CSKA is a basketball CLUB..not russia's all star team airhead..
and i gave u that example because
1: 2nd time a NBA team loses to a european team in basketball history..
2:not only a loss but a rout.(19pts)
3: i told u that no cassell no glory..

anyways u seam pretty young and dont have anyn knowledge of the game...Ur just a blinded fan who likes his team i understand

I'm an airhead, yet your the one who can't type? Typical, have to go with insults as you have no argument.

1) 2nd? And I'm the airhead but didn't Maccabi Tel Aviv beat Toronto last year and the 6ers lose this year to a Euro-League team? Unless 1+1+1 = 3, I'm sure it's more then twice.

2) Like I said, pre-season, who cares.

3) How was there no Cassell again and who cares about pre-season glory? You might because that's all the glory your going to get.

4) Not Russia's all-star team, but they are basically a top 3 Euro-League team if not the top one and would beat a handful of teams from the NBA.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #10
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

Lightbulb No big deal

Only preseason and the Clips barely practiced in fact this will help
them focus on building for the regular season.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: