Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-05-2006, 01:25 AM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Official "Rate My Team" Thread (Post your team here)

Instead of flooding the fantasy board with rate my team threads, post your team here and anyone who wants to can remark on it. The stipulation is that you must adequetly comment on the team before you before you post your team. That will make sure that the conversation never gets dry. Post away!

Mods: Maybe you guys could merge this with all the "rate my team" threads and make this a sticky?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:31 AM   #2
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

I don't know anything about how to run a forum. And I am assuming the Moderators. And I have no idea what a sticky is.

What I do know is I agree with the flooding of Threads on the Forum. I like to read and reply to those threads because its getting my back in the mode and helping me to remember about transactions over the offseason and those bubble players that may rise this year.

So is there a way that you can have a sub forum strictly for team analysis? I feel just one thread with become meticulous and hard to follow after a while......or does a "sticky" fix that problem.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #3
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far
Cool

PG- Stephon Marbury
SG- Tracy McGrady
G- Rip Hamilton
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Kevin Garnett
F- Caron Butler
C- Nenad Krstic
C- Eddy Curry
Util- Cuttino Mobley
Util- Darko Milicic
Bench- Rafer Alston
Bench- Desmond Mason
Bench- Juwan Howard

If T-Mac can play 70-75+ games this season, i think i'm in great shape. If not, well... hopefully it wont come to that point.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 AM   #4
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

I like the team. Now there's a team with personality for yah! The typical heavy on PTS, 3s but its got enough production with REBS from the non Cs so it will cover you when you're pissed with Eddy Curry in a few months. I'd say you're questionable with BLKS, TOs, ASTS, and STLS. FG% and FT% seem alright, but those are the toughest to tell. Your certainly not in trouble there. So its good. I don't see you blowing out teams every week with your team as is. I'd look to move (trade) one of your scorers that brings not much else to get you something you are lacking. ASTS is the easiest to predict, but STLS are needed too. Guys better in one or both of those categories will "usually" help you with TOs as well.

I do take issue with a few players, however.

I don't like Cutino on my team. But, whatever, i know he is a draft pick in every league. He is a frustrating player who plays amost 40 minutes and gives you nothing but PTS while he can KILLLL your FG%. But he can be on fire for a whole week just as he can be cold. I'm just not a fan. He was injury prone early in his career but had a nearly complete season last year, so that is a good sign for this season.

And, man, drop D. Mason. I know what you did. You were down to the end and saw a guy who is fun sometimes and gets you about 14 pts a game. Dude, he sucks on a fantasy team that kills everyone in PTS. Its a waste of a spot. You are more than OK with PTS. Desmond is gonna get you maybe 1 assist, but he wont get you anything else. His stat sheet is horrible and has gotten worse. He Doesn't rebound. He doesnt defend. He shoots a poor FG% and a worse FT%. ASo thos points you are getting, which you don't need in the first place, are coming at a clip that brings your FG% and FT% down. And he'll add needless TOs. He misses every 3 he takes. I cant stress enough how Desmond Mason is a BAD fantasy player to draft this year. Wait until he proves for a few weeks straight that he can board and assist and make some shots before even considering picking him up.

Rafer Allston is a FG% and FT% nightmare whlie he's getting you a few 3's and 15 pts maybe. Simmilar to Desmond but you need him for the ASTS and STLS he provides which you need all of what you can get. But beware of his attitude problem that surfaced last year. Its a similar case with J. Williams when he emerged in the league but Alston doesnt have the added TO problems. He's quite good with AST/TO. But, if he can settle down and realize he has other options and he can play 82 games for 38 minutes a game, and not feel like he has to score as much as he wants. He could be deadly if he dished more ASTS especially now with Wells on the team. I think the addition of Bonzi can significantly raise Allston's fantasy value. Look how good J. Will became once he settled down and found a monster roster in Miami. I remain guarded still on Raefer this draft. He will be drafted, I just hope I dont need what he brings when his time comes.

But, Man, Get rid of Desmond now! Id be interested in who is available in your league for the G/F position.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:36 AM   #5
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

u were right on with my pick of Mason. He was my 12th rd pick and Jerry Stackhouse was my 13th rd pick, who I later dropped for Juwan Howard so I could get a few more rebs and someone who shoots above 40%. I was debating whether to drop Mason or Stackhouse because their stats are pretty similar but decided to keep Mason just because he'll be starting. Here's a list of some of the more notable SG's/SF's that are available in my league...

Juan Dixon
Deshawn Stevenson
Flip Murray
Eddie House
Kevin Martin
Jerry Stackhouse
Bonzi Wells
Marquis Daniels
John Salmons
Salim Stoudamire
Jared Jefferies
James Posey
Quentin Richardson
JR Smith
Martell Webster
Jumaine Jones
Ruben Patterson
Grant Hill
Ryan Gomes
Hakim Warrick
Gerald Green

What do you think... Take a risk with Grant Hill?? Personally, I like JR Smith the most on that list but he's just like Mason. Kevin Martin and Deshawn Stevenson would probably be the next safest picks, dont you think? Those 4 guys I just mentioned are the only guys from that list that'll probably be starting for their teams. What's your opinion?
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:57 AM   #6
bigfootornado
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bigfootornado has an OK reputation so far

Rate my team, 12 team league

PG-Baron Davis
SG-Kirk Hinrich
G-Smush Parker
SF-Michael Redd
PF-Elton Brand
F-Marvin Williams
C-Yao Ming
C-Kurt Thomas
Util-Darko Milicic
Util-Stephen Jackson
bench-Nene Hilario
bench-Tim Thomas
bench-Bonzi Wells
bigfootornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
bigfootornado

bigfootornado has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
What do you think... Take a risk with Grant Hill?? Personally, I like JR Smith the most on that list but he's just like Mason. Kevin Martin and Deshawn Stevenson would probably be the next safest picks, dont you think? Those 4 guys I just mentioned are the only guys from that list that'll probably be starting for their teams. What's your opinion?

If you want 3's and assists, go with kevin martin. If you want boards, ryan gomes (he's starting for boston). Also, Hakim Warrick might get a lotta tick while gasol is out.
bigfootornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #8
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

also could u put what u drafted at and how many teams are in ur league
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:14 AM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
also could u put what u drafted at and how many teams are in ur league
HE'S RIGHT. THAT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE, ESPECIALLY THE NUMBER OF TEAMS
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #10
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

@ JRT1584
Lets go man. Desmond Mason over Bonzi is a sin. Even over Kevin Martin is bad. I'm surprized JR Smith and Hill are still out there too. I know I hate on JR but he is worth a shot for some teams - NOT YOURS THOUGH.

So yeah pick up Bonzi now and thank me for the 20-20 games later. I would even give up Howard for Hill because if you get lucky and Hill starts the season healthy then you know you are going to get solid numbers without TOs which is what you need. Kevin Martin may be better than Wells this year. Although if he as any respect for his father, Kevin will allow Bonzi safe passage into retirement. Its respect! More on that one later. I am cooking up a storm of a Bonzi Wells thread in my dome right now. Anyway, if I were you I'd drop Juan Howard and D. Mason and cop Wells or Martin and Grant Hill. I may even drop Allston and pick up which ever of the father or son you didnt have. I say to first get Bonzi though. NOW! RUN!

And, hey, aren't I only looking at your G/F free agency list. Cinnamon and Gravy!! Tell me there is 110 or less players picked in your league? If so that is forgiveable - it doesnt take away the hurt - but forgivable. If its 120 or more I am shocked by who is available and we're only seeing the FA for one position.

I love Bonzi Wells' game and what he gives you on a fantasy team. He's not gonna kill or help you on FT or FG% but he will be oh so generous with REBS and PTS and some games he will drop ASSTS and others he will draw the BLK card. He could get hot and hit a 3. Hey, its whatever with Bonzi. Honestly, he coughs it up a tick more than you would like but he does that to keep himself modest. Again I love Kevin Martin because I respect his father Bonzi Wells so much. If I tell you why on this Thread then I will be detracting from the point of this RATE MY TEAM theme and I don't want to do that. Nobody puts Bonzi in a corner. Bonzi gets his own Thread.

Quickly, though I did a little resizerch on various blowhards fantasy drafts and rankings and all those statistical engines out that that dont take into account someone's wholistic journey in this league. Yeah, thats right, i said it, wanna fight about it. Everywhere I go I see Wells getting slept on and so is little Bonzi. Some sites have Garnett at 2. Some sites have Garnett at 6. Some sites have Lebron at 1 some have him at 5. Its crazy. I dont want to try to figure it. All different sites and they seem to be counting the same sh!t? Well they well-overslept the Bonzi buzzer because they have him between 120 and 160 in all places but one. Sad, really. But it gets my gears burning.

So If you don't have about, oh, i'd estimate 20 minutes or so, don't start to read my next post until you're ready. I don't know if anyone's ready

.....I'm really gonna Stretch old Tess out now....

sorry

Last edited by Tess Squad : 10-05-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:09 AM   #11
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootornado
Rate my team, 12 team league

PG-Baron Davis
SG-Kirk Hinrich
G-Smush Parker
SF-Michael Redd
PF-Elton Brand
F-Marvin Williams
C-Yao Ming
C-Kurt Thomas
Util-Darko Milicic
Util-Stephen Jackson
bench-Nene Hilario
bench-Tim Thomas
bench-Bonzi Wells

I know i'm a little crazy. Sure i'm feigning the extent to which I am in support of Bonzi. So, in all seriuosness, you drafted Bonzi so you're gonna win. Drop the rest of the team. Thats it. I'm Done. Thanks.

FOR REAL: Squad is not bad at all. Pretty solid. Don't see the championship though without making moves. I do like your picks though. You do have that potential surprize factored value that can get you to the top. Good looking on Wells, Tim Thomas - way to recognize a late resurgence. He would keep it going. He will most likely take u down on FG% but its a bench guy so whatever and I dont thinkn you have to be worried with FG%. And NENE rounds out a very solid bench squad. You took late round calculated risks that may shock your league and but worth the upside.

How long can Kurt Thomas continue to be drafted in leagues by the way. Believe me, i find him on my squad every other year via the draft. And then every other year after that sometime during the season via the waiver, a multi plyr deal, or on the drop/add routine to try to save a floundering team. He's solid but doesnt spread the wealth on the stat sheet. And you know what, neither do 80% of the Centers that your league is going to run through this season so I like big Kurt for a 10-10 guy. Nice and easy. And over in denger NENE's still their expensive sleeping giant. Hopefully by Game 1 he starts to give some of that money back in the form of a 12-10-1-3 and 50% and works his way up from there. If he was where he was 2 years ago pre-injury - which was I think 14 pts 7 or 8 rebs and maybe 2.5 blks then your team is in good shape....Good shape....

Good shape to weather the offensive team that other people in your leage will rain on you. Their gonna no look assist the hell outa you. Full court 3 pointers will start to go in. Its gonna be nuts. YOu may get lucky and win a few weeks in PTS because thats a category that always has its fluke weeks....But, no offense, kidding aside, look hard at the FA list now, right when the season starts. If you dont think you can help your Pts and 3s situation with trades or drop/adds then it may be a wise move to swallow the pride and trade a guy like Redd and maybe Baron and/or S. Jackson early for a few players or one player that will can get you up to that Untouchable status in REBS and BLKS and get you better in assists. Look for a the teams with Josh Smith, Dolante West, Chris Bosh, Marcus Camby, Kirelenko, Odom, Diaw, or Ike Diagu (he may be available still to pick up as a FA after you trade and need to fill one more). Those are all players that BLK like hell and will really help you get competitive in ASTS. Some are players the other way around like Dolante. And some are those fantasy gems like Kirelenko that let me down so much last year with injuries. Odom and Diaw are some others. I hope Odom plays this year. Feel bad about his kid. Oh and Brad Miller is a guy that could fit so well with your team. That C that ASTS more than he PTS. Excellent idea. Whats good about your situation is that you can really pull the wool over some owners eyes. Show him lots of fun and neat 3PM and PPG that he doesn't realise what he's doing when he trades Kirelenko for Michael Redd....I did that last year....I got Kirelenko and Okafore and gave up Redd and a Berezec that I picked up that day from FA....Oh my god it was so sweet. Then they both get injury sickness and I only get Kirelenko back for a few excellent games. I came in 2nd place. It was an auto Championship move if only one of them stayed strong. Just one!!!!

Elton Brand is beastly, thats obvious. You picked him first. Michael Redd is one of the most fun players if you love the 3 ball/Point scorer. To be brutally honest, but I see Redd, again, as a guy that only hits the 3 and scores the buckets (he's good at STLS to if I remember) and that is a wasteful thing on your team. That offense is left to the wind because it comes with nothing else when you need everthing else but that which he works so hard for. You're just too low in scoring for 12 team 13 player league. I don't see Baron Davis doing that ill scoring and dishing which would warrant the heavy rating pre-season by everyone in the antasy world. But I could be wrong. Oh and let me say that if everything works out for your team (NENE, Tim Thomas, If Bonzi has half the season he did last year, Baron) then that scoring will help you to e competitive. But if , say, 2 don't come through then your out Pts and 3s and ASTS

Coulda been harsh to say your team makes Redd a waste. But you gotta understand where I'm coming from. Right now you're a bubble team. But I see potential for the Chip if you can move the chess board in your favor. Because there are some teams I've seen on here that are hopeless. Its tough to see a guys squad and know right there that its, well, its just sad.

So you have a very solid squad. Go out there and play the GM a little. Its a squad worth hearing about later on this season. Good Luck
Old 10-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #12
Moncrief

Moncrief has an OK reputation so far
Default my squad

G-D.Wade
G/F-P.Pierce
F-C.Bosh
F-P. Gasol
G/F-B.Diaw
G-R. Felton
F-Kenyon Martin
C-E.Curry
C-C.Kaman

This is a keeper league team that i've built over the past 5 years. Won the regular season last year, but Bosh's injury killed me in the playoffs. Gasol's injury is going to be tough to deal with early in the season, but i'm hoping Diaw can follow up last year's performance, and Kenyon gets back to what he was in NJ. If Curry finally can have a breakout season, i'll be set.
Moncrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #13
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

14 team league...

PG - Bibby
SG - Kobe
G - Jason Williams
SF - Melo
PF - Webber
F - Charlie V
C - Tyson Chandler
Util - Randolph
Util - Korver

BN - Fisher
BN - Finley
Collison

14 Team League

PG - Iverson
SG - Mike Miller
G - Marbury
SF - Charlie V
PF - Troy Murphy
F - Antonio Mcdyess
C - Jermaine O'Neal
C - Carlos Boozer
Util - Stephen Jackson
Util - Deron Williams
Util - Giricek
BN - Elson
BN - Jason Williams
BN - Grant Hill
BN - Stack

Tell me what ya think.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #14
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

9 players in the league
its a points system
1pt=1 pt , 1reb=2pts, 1 ast =2pts , 1stl/1blk=3 pts
NO fg% or Ft% or 3`s

Round Pick Player Position
1. (9) G. Arenas G
2. (10) C. Bosh F,C
3. (27) G. Wallace G,F CONTRACT YR also
4. (28) C. Anthony F
5. (45) S. Marbury G
6. (46) S. O'Neal C
7. (63) T. Ford G
8. (64) A. Harrington F
9. (81) R. Foye G
10. (82) B. Wells G
11. (99) m.williams [atl]

wat u think?
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #15
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

can some1 please rate this team? is it a lock to make the playoffs?
12 teams
my team
pg m bibby(looking to trade him)
sg maggette
g b davis
sf AK
pf Dirk
f battier(if he plays PF big #s comming)
c pryzbilla(looking to trade him)
c nesterovic
util m miller
util mo williams
bn tinsley, s swift, scerbiak

who should i trade bibby for
should i just drop pryz
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: