Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 04-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #196
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

I thought he'd just do a standard windmill
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #197
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Kinda amazing how Atlanta responded to Miami's 3rd qtr run. Their game 1-4 self would've folded...but that offense was flowing today. They finally looked like the team that won 47 games and dominated in their building.

Another disappointing effort from Wade. He needs to come out with more energy in the 1st half. Because NOTHING looked wrong with him in the 2nd half.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #198
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have to give it to the Hawks D. They really know how to play them well. I'm surprise by the Heat though. I figure they will play better this time around. Still, I'm impress by O'Neal offensive game. He still needs to GET THE F***ING REBOUND!!! Somebody has to.

But I don't care all that much. Yeah, the Heat needs to work harder for the rebounds. But this series is making me dislike Josh Smith. It's a physical series, and I will like it better if the game was closer and more exciting to watch.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #199
Ribkin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ribkin has an OK reputation so far

Trying to put a positive spin on this for Miami, a team that won 15 games last year. This series has definitely served as a reminder that there is still much work to be done in a number of areas. Most rookies can only dream of making the playoffs in their first year, so hopefully all this humiliation will count for something down the road.

I hope the Heat fans will show the Hawks the same level of courtesy and respect they received in Atlanta.
Ribkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #200
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Most of the time he doesn't showboat on breakaways unless it is late in a big game. I have never seen him go between his legs though.

Most of the time he just does a half hearted dunk when he is by himself.

I understand if a person wants to show off on a big lead just to excite crowd and stuff. But, he seems to act big in this series. Like his IS the star attraction and taking shots that he shouldn't take.

*shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribkin
Trying to put a positive spin on this for Miami, a team that won 15 games last year. This series has definitely served as a reminder that there is still much work to be done in a number of areas. Most rookies can only dream of making the playoffs in their first year, so hopefully all this humiliation will count for something down the road.

I hope the Heat fans will show the Hawks the same level of courtesy and respect they received in Atlanta.

I c wut u did dere.

Regardless of the fact that the Heat are full of rookies, none of them really showed up to play efficiently. In game 4, they made stupid mistakes. In game 5, they played better, but none of them play good enough defensive and they could not make a good shot. Only O'neal played good offensive and played pretty decent in D. But he cannot get a damn rebound. That's what the Hawks are killin' them in.

Wade is playing ok, but he is not playing the Wade status that he should play. I know the Hawks D are making him force the jumper, but what has he been doing for this whole season? He has been practicing his jump shot!! In game 4, he tried to draw the fouls too much. In game 5, he got into the game late. But Wade did play ok, and honestly, they shouldn't have lose this game if the Heat would play better as team.

Last edited by Micku : 04-29-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #201
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
I understand if a person wants to show off on a big lead just to excite crowd and stuff. But, he seems to act big in this series. Like his IS the star attraction and taking shots that he shouldn't take.

*shrugs*

He always takes perimeter shots he shouldnt take but that is a different subject from showboating on a dunk which he rarely does. He has always been hyper and emotional which can be good or bad depending on the circumstances.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #202
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
He always takes perimeter shots he shouldnt take but that is a different subject from showboating on a dunk which he rarely does. He has always been hyper and emotional which can be good or bad depending on the circumstances.

Ah. Well, I don't know his play style. The showboating dunk annoyed me, but I could understand why he would do that. He is at home, playoff game, his team is blowing out the opposing team, and it is on a fastbreak. Still, he couldn't finish off that dunk which made it seems worst than it was.

But, he is always like that, huh? Taking shots that he shouldn't take? Well, I still want him to get dunk on by LeBron James just because that.

Last edited by Micku : 04-29-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #203
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
Kinda amazing how Atlanta responded to Miami's 3rd qtr run. Their game 1-4 self would've folded...but that offense was flowing today. They finally looked like the team that won 47 games and dominated in their building.

Another disappointing effort from Wade. He needs to come out with more energy in the 1st half. Because NOTHING looked wrong with him in the 2nd half.

the Hawks offense is usually bad. It is.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:53 PM   #204
Ribkin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ribkin has an OK reputation so far

Feel sorry for the Hawks on Friday... win or lose, it's going to be a living Hell for them.
Ribkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #205
Stacey King
ROY=D-Rose

Stacey King has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy

Given that Wade was suffering from severe back spasms and hit his head on the court in the first quarter, but still ended up rallying his team in the third quarter, I'd say he played fine. It wasn't his best game, but he was playing injured and had to leave the game abruptly to deal with another injury. Don't try to pin this on Wade- he and Jermaine O'Neal are the only people on the team playing remotely good.
Stacey King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #206
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

If the Heat want to win the series they have to make this into a half-court game and they need to rebound the damn ball.

The extra physicality is expected in playoff basketball and it's the best way to slow down guys like Wade, CP3, LeBron, Kobe, whoever. But the Heat have to use the pick roll because that's the only play that gets them a good shot off constantly. I'd prefer a pick and roll play for Wade or Chalmers over just Wade dribbling at an iso. Also, Josh Smith has done a good job of coming from the weakside to block the shot when Magloire or Haslem rolls to the basket, so they've got to learn to make the extra pass in the paint.

The weird thing about this series is that when the Heat hit their outside shots, it takes away from the Hawks fast breaks, and it's basically a bunch of 5 point swings. So we get all these lob-sided games.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:19 AM   #207
flu game
I airball my layups

flu game has an OK reputation so far

wade getting around 27ppg and shooting 45-46% from the field isnt enough. hes not playing bad but it seems like he hasnt stepped it up. never know though with wade, he could explode the next 2-3 games and the series,i dont see him just going out like this, i can see the heat losing the series but i cant see him not sparking something
flu game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #208
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Considering the way this game played out, I'd have rather the Heat conceded this one by having Wade sit out, give him four days rest, and then try to win games six and seven.

In other news, does anyone remember when Mario Chalmers was a good defender? The second half of the year, guys have been torching him night in and night out. Tonight, Flip Murray was no exception.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #209
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nm
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:46 AM   #210
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flu game
wade getting around 27ppg and shooting 45-46% from the field isnt enough. hes not playing bad but it seems like he hasnt stepped it up. never know though with wade, he could explode the next 2-3 games and the series,i dont see him just going out like this, i can see the heat losing the series but i cant see him not sparking something

*chuckles* I agree it's not good enough and he should try harder. But it's not just because of him, it's the whole team. Only O'Neal and him are doing ok. The entire Heat team need to step up. I did like how Wade brought the team together, but apparently nothing happen. The team need to get their game together.

Meh, the Hawks have been raping the Heat in the last 2 games. In game 4, both teams played terrible IMO, but the Heat played more terrible. But, the Hawks D is been a factor. None of them could drive.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: