Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #16
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: North Korea is talking $h!t again... Demands apology from UN or they will test nukes

Can't we just remove Kim il-Jung from power like we did with Hussein? I mean, seriously. No one wants that lunatic to have power, let alone have tons of nukes. The whole world will thank us in advance.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #17
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: North Korea is talking $h!t again... Demands apology from UN or they will test nukes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
North Korea has just as much of a right to have WMD's as we do. As the country with the most WMD's period, it's hypocritical to say another canít have them as well.

You serious? You know what your right in the name of fairness we should spread around our nuclear weapons to every country in the world so its an eve playing field. I'm sure that will make the world a much safer place.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #18
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Why is North Korea the United States problem?

They can't even hit us with a nuke...

It's time for other countries to start taking control of shyt in their own regions.

The time of the US playing World Police is over (I hope).

That will probably never happen.

Also do these dudes actually have WMD's? The article doesnt exactly say they do, and it notes them for their b*tchmade Brinkmanship tactics in the past.

Frankly I dont think anyone out of North Korea really knows what the f*ck is going on in there.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
You serious? You know what your right in the name of fairness we should spread around our nuclear weapons to every country in the world so its an eve playing field. I'm sure that will make the world a much safer place.
every country???

psshhh...

I want one in my back yard!!!

If the U.S. is allowed to have nukes then so should every household damn it!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #20
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

north korea is economically broke as f--k with half their people starving to death yet they spend all their income on military and supporting the rule of their fat meat head ruler. that dude is a supreme tyrant over there.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #21
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
North Korea has just as much of a right to have WMD's as we do. As the country with the most WMD's period, it's hypocritical to say another can’t have them as well.

I think it is pretty much inarguable that the possibility of nuclear war constitutes one of the biggest threats to humanity's long term survival as a species. It is paramount, therefore, that responsible governments operate in a manner which minimizes the risk of an apocalyptic exchange of nuclear warheads, a fact which necessitates an opposition to nuclear proliferation.

Of all the countries that legally and legitimately possess nuclear arsenals -- the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France and China -- there is one commonality that binds them together: each nation is at least a fairly respectable state with lots of political, military and economic interests that would prevent them from getting involved in a cataclysmic nuclear exchange. Of the additional nuclear states -- India, Pakistan, Israel (probably) and North Korea -- only three appear to follow the same pattern as the aforementioned five legitimate states. (Can you guess which one doesn't?) One of those nations has proven numerous times to be a rogue, despotic state that appears to be a major threat to world peace.

You do, however, bring up an interesting point. It is certainly hypocritical to possess the second largest arsenal of weapons of mass destruction (Russia actually possesses the most) and be so adamantly opposed to the spread of such weapons. But it is clearly a necessary hypocrisy. As stated previously, it is imperative that responsible governments act in a manner which diminishes the possibility of a nuclear war. With that said, I am certainly for the abolition of nuclear weapons; but I also recognize that, considering the current geopolitical climate of the world, it is not yet a plausible option, so opposition to the spread of nuclear weapons is as far as I'll go for now.

Last edited by The Answer : 04-29-2009 at 09:46 PM.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #22
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
North Korea has just as much of a right to have WMD's as we do. As the country with the most WMD's period, it's hypocritical to say another canít have them as well.
Really?
So if Zimbabwe and Sudan had WMD's, we shouldn't be worried at all, right?
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #23
CasterL
Feeling supersonic

CasterL is popular on this boardCasterL is popular on this boardCasterL is popular on this boardCasterL is popular on this board

we need nukes incase aliens come though

seriously though as you said its a necessary hypocrisy. i hope we can one day
abolish them, but with the way the world is at the moment, full of discontent and divided into squabling fractions, then it wont be possible
CasterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #24
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

If I recall. Russia had THOUSANDS of nukes and we didn't even fire a bullet.

we tend to act before we think. Thats the USA. you don't listen, we will **** you up. sounds retarded right?
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #25
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
I think it is pretty much inarguable that the possibility of nuclear war constitutes one of the biggest threats to humanity's long term survival as a species. It is paramount, therefore, that responsible governments operate in a manner which minimizes the risk of an apocalyptic exchange of nuclear warheads, a fact which necessitates an opposition to nuclear proliferation.

Of all the countries that legally and legitimately possess nuclear arsenals -- the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France and China -- there is one commonality that binds them together: each nation is at least a fairly respectable state with lots of political, military and economic interests that would prevent them from getting involved in a cataclysmic nuclear exchange. Of the additional nuclear states -- India, Pakistan, Israel (probably) and North Korea -- only three appear to follow the same pattern as the aforementioned five legitimate states. (Can you guess which one doesn't?) One of those nations has proven numerous times to be a rogue, despotic state that appears to be a major threat to world peace.

You do, however, bring up an interesting point. It is certainly hypocritical to possess the second largest arsenal of weapons of mass destruction (Russia actually possesses the most) and be so adamantly opposed to the spread of such weapons. But it is clearly a necessary hypocrisy. As stated previously, it is imperative that responsible governments act in a manner which diminishes the possibility of a nuclear war. With that said, I am certainly for the abolition of nuclear weapons; but I also recognize that, considering the current geopolitical climate of the world, it is not yet a plausible option, so opposition to the spread of nuclear weapons is as far as I'll go for now.
always great to read your posts...

dissagree with it being hypocritical at all though...

is it hypocritical for a member of a swat team to tell an average citizen that he isn't allowed to have a full-auto sub machine gun???
Old 04-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #26
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Actually that might work, as other countries won't f*ck with each other out of fear of a worldwide nuclear war. What America's doing is smart, I get that, but it still doesn't change the fact they're hypocrites for keeping other countries from getting WMD’s when they have the largest cache of nuclear weapons ( second to russia actually) and remain the only country to attack another with a nuclear weapon.

I understand why the smaller countries are trying to get those kinds of weapons, though since it almost ensures safety from the super powers. In modern times, if you don’t have one, the supers will have no problem invading a country for something they really want.

Look at Iran. Why isn’t the U.S going all “gung hoe~!!” to war with them like iraq? Because they can be a threat with their WMD’s. Same thing during the cold war. Both powers were too scared in the end to risk nuclear war.

Last edited by Tainted Sword : 04-29-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #27
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
always great to read your posts...

dissagree with it being hypocritical at all though...

is it hypocritical for a member of a swat team to tell an average citizen that he isn't allowed to have a full-auto sub machine gun???
But hold up, since when did the U.S have the right to be the swat of the world? They have no right giving other countries ultimatums like they own the world.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #28
-primetime-

Quote:
Actually that might work, as other countries won't f*ck with each other out of fear of a worldwide nuclear war. What America's doing is smart, I get that, but it still doesn't change the fact they're hypocrites for keeping other countries from getting WMDís when they have the largest cache of nuclear weapons ( second to russia actually) and remain the only country to attack another with a nuclear weapon.

I understand why the smaller countries are trying to get those kinds of weapons, though since it almost ensures safety from the super powers. In modern times, if you donít have one, the supers will have no problem invading a country for something they really want.

Look at Iran. Why isnít the U.S going all ďgung hoe~!!Ē to war with them like iraq? Because they can be a threat with their WMDís. Same thing during the cold war. Both powers were too scared in the end to risk nuclear war.
you're a fool if you are in favor of spreading "nuclear powers"...

plain and simple...
Old 04-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #29
-primetime-

Quote:
But hold up, since when did the U.S have the right to be the swat of the world? They have no right giving other countries ultimatums like they own the world.
are you Kim Jong Ill or something???

do you "REALLY" want North Korea to have FREAKIN NUKES???!!!

read what the f*ck you are typing in here...
Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 PM   #30
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
are you Kim Jong Ill or something???

do you "REALLY" want North Korea to have FREAKIN NUKES???!!!

read what the f*ck you are typing in here...

what makes you think that He will actually release one? not even .00001%
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: