Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What does the phrase "only the boring are bored" mean to you?

Are people who complain about being bored, in reality, boring people? Or is that an over exaggeration?

Discuss away. I am not sure how I feel about this. My stepdad would sometimes tell me and my brother this when we were complaining about boredom on lazy summer days.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
DC's Finest
My Shit Don't Stank.

DC's Finest has decent reputationDC's Finest has decent reputation
Default Re: What does the phrase "only the boring are bored" mean to you?

I agree with that for the most part. Theirs always gonna be something to do. When i'm bored I always just go work on my game, everyone has a passion. Mines basketball so when theres nothing to do I can shoot hoops for hours.
DC's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

it has truth to it...

bored people usually have alot of excuses why they cant enjoy the simple things in life....

alot of complaining and reasons why they cant do any number of things
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Um, well normally I think of "boring" as being a word that describes what other people think of you, ("that guy is boring" because he never says or does anything to interest me) whereas bored is a subjective state of mind ("I feel bored"). Some people seem very boring but have very active inner lives and are never bored. Others are very enjoyable to be around but live in a fog and complain about not nearly getting as much out of themselves or others as people seem to get out of them. So I'd say in that sense they're not really connected.

If what you mean is that the state of being bored has more to do with the way in which you sense and perceive and interact than it does the objects that you sense and perceive and interact with, then yeah I'd agree with that. When I was a kid you could toss me a rubber band and I'd be entertained for hours. Actually, that's still true, although I have responsibilities and obligations in the real world now and so can't spend my days flicking a rubber band around anymore. Other people have four game systems and two girlfriends and participate in twelve different clubs and societies and always complain about how bored they are.

Last edited by Clifton : 04-29-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

it is truth, and i reminds me of one of my favorite songs of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMtPu6QyRzQ
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess those who who are imaginative, enthusiastic, have the spark in their eye can create boredom out of even the dryest and tedious of occasions i.e. a teacher's lecture or a formal gathering of geyzerz.

It's not completely true because that just drains some folks' soulz, but it's definitely got its veracity. An active mind packed with a sweet sense of humour definitely lights up one'z life.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Boredom is a choice.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
-primetime-

If you hear that there is a 99% chance you don't drink...

j/k
Old 04-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

It doesn't mean anything to me. Many interesting people have to subject themselves to boring activities. Studying Macroeconomics for 5-6 hours a day isn't exactly my idea of a good time but I have to do it. Sometimes you need to do boring things because its necessary.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: