Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 08-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #16
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Martin, how about next season?

I believe K Mart could be the x factor that would bring Denver over Utah/Houston.

If he is explosive, blocks a few shots and cleans up garbage, he will give a lot to the team...if you overlook the contract.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:17 AM   #17
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Quote:
Do you mean the one-dimensional PF who despite being one of the strongest and most athletic players at his position, has only averaged double digit rebounds once? Then yes, Kenyon and his ridiculous contract will be back.

I wish there was a way to trade him but he's virtually untradable.

Screw Kenyon, it's Nene time

One-dimensional PF....please explain to me what you mean by that becuase K-Mart is not. He can grab the ball anywheres near the hoop and finish it over anyone. He can post up and do a baby hook shot, he can shoot mid ranger jumpers and he can also jump out to the three and shoot that.

Oh well if he only grabs around 8-10 boards he is one of the best Defensive PF in the game when hes healthy. He might not average the most blocks but he makes it very hard for the player to score. Plus he does still block shots.

He does have a bad contract but Nene still has work to do before he is on K-Marts level.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:01 AM   #18
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
One-dimensional PF....please explain to me what you mean by that becuase K-Mart is not. He can grab the ball anywheres near the hoop and finish it over anyone. He can post up and do a baby hook shot, he can shoot mid ranger jumpers and he can also jump out to the three and shoot that.

Your credibility is now null and void.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #19
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Oh well if he only grabs around 8-10 boards he is one of the best Defensive PF in the game when hes healthy. He might not average the most blocks but he makes it very hard for the player to score. Plus he does still block shots.

He does have a bad contract but Nene still has work to do before he is on K-Marts level.

KMart is not that good offensively
First he realies entirely too much on his Leaping ability
Nene actually is a far more effective post player cause he actually has post moves.
all you got to do is compare field goal percentages.....its a no contest!
he has a decent jumper which Nene also has!!!!
Second Nene rebounds more than Kenyon
Why.....because K-Mart is more concerned with being a trailor for an easy dunk rather than stay back and help on the boards.
Its sad Kenyon is one on the leagues best offensive rebounders but on defense he refuses to stay back. So instead of easily grabbin 10 to 12 boards
and having the Nugget be the best team on the boards. He stays around 7 to 8. Because he does that dumb sht the other team gets alot of offensive rebounds. Between Melo , Kmart and Camby no team should have a chance on the glass.

Martin is gifted but playin with Jason Kidd spoiled him. He never worked on his game. He can't play with his back to the basket! He just tries to muscle up bad shots in the post cause he knows he can out jump everyone! Now he's got 2 bad knees, He's screwed. He's used to being a trailor in Jason Kidds offense. So now he won't stay back and rebound. Camby's a beast on the boards but he can't do it all by himself. Kmart does everything with his legs. I use to love him, now he gets on my nerves. Thats why he got beef wit Coach Karl cuz he's hard headed and won't listen. He should be the next Charles Barkley. But he needs to work on his game. All he can do is jump thats why Duncan destroys Kenyon. He makes Kenyon jump and goes right under him for an easy 2pts. Or he waits for Kenyon to jump and when he comes down, he shoots right over him off the glass for 2. Kenyon's part of the reason yall can't beat the Spurs. Camby and Nene are far more effective on him. Kenyon bites on all duncans fakes its pathetic!
Side note Nene is prolly one of the most underrated players in the league
I watched him finish last season and as a starter he's an absolute beast!
by the end of the season he was avging like 16pts 11boards and a block in the last 2 months and percent 60 percent from the field
something insane in only limited touches which is what they need from Kenyon
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:07 PM   #20
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Your credibility is now null and void.

Why is that, I never said he was amazing but he can shoot them, the one time that sticks in my head was a game vs Detroit where he hit 2 threes to tie the game which Denver ended up winning. He doesnt shoot them often but he can shoot it when needed.

I agree Nene is better at Post moves, the only good one move he has is the Baby hook and I dont know if he still is going to use that move.

I also agree K-mart rushes off to fast to get the trailing dunk and he should stick back and grab more defensive boards, and hopefully he does this year. That will make him a better defensive player. But K-mart does not jump easy on the pump fakes, hes a very good defensive player, Nene is not even close to Kenyons level on Defense, Im not trying to put Nene down or anythign hes a very good player but he is not as good defensivly as Kenyon. And Saying Kenyons one of the reasons they cant beat the Spurs, with the Nuggets hes never really had a good chance in the playoffs, to guard Duncan. but when he was on NJ you have to realise Duncan was in his Prime, Kenyon was only in the league for 2 or 3 years then, of Coarse Duncan is gonna tear him apart but Kenyon still did a great job on him. In Duncans prime no one could guard him in the playoffs on any given night the guy could go and get a 20 20. Like his last game Duncan went insane and got 21 points 20 boards 10 assist and 8 blocks, theres nothing Kenyon can do to stop duncan from getting that.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:41 AM   #21
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Post Re: Martin, how about next season?

Quote:

Finally, someone else who still believes in Kenyon.

(Funny that this thread still gets some heat. I started this before the beginning of last season)
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #22
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Ive been a fan since his last year in College..Then he got drafted by my favorite team. And the past couple years have been hard to see my favorite player down with injury. But I still Believe he is going to come back this season and become one of the top Pfs.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:36 PM   #23
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not only does he under produce on the court, he's also detrimental to the team chemistry off it. Arguing with coaches, threatening fans, and complaining are all Kenyon Martin trademarks. He has a bad attitude and doesn't deserve to be a Denver Nugget.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:29 AM   #24
JasNuggetsFan73
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JasNuggetsFan73 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Not only does he under produce on the court, he's also detrimental to the team chemistry off it. Arguing with coaches, threatening fans, and complaining are all Kenyon Martin trademarks. He has a bad attitude and doesn't deserve to be a Denver Nugget.
yeh i agree with that. Kenyon dusnt deserve a nuggets unifrom. skrew him. nene is way better at the power forward anyways who is also more team orientated might i add.
JasNuggetsFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #25
Napalm
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Napalm has an OK reputation so far

Didn't he get in an argument with George Karl and have to sit out of the playoffs a couple years back?
Napalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #26
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

A couple of misconceptions here:

Kenyon Martin has never under produced on the court for what was expected of him as a player. He has always given 110% effort whenever he hits the floor. He played through an injury for his team because he wanted to earn his contract, and ended up hurting himself more in the process. But when he was on the court, he scored a respectable amount for a third or fourth option, didn't take many shots, played outstanding defense, and rebounded as well as anyone playing alongside Marcus Camby ever has. And, above all, he brought heart to the floor every night, something we had sorely lacked before he came.

Kenyon Martin does not have a bad attitude. He simply states his mind, and that comes off looking bad in the media and in the eyes of the coach. But when it comes down to what truly matters- giving effort on the court- Kenyon is always ready to do that to the extent that his body will let him.

And you have to remember that a lot of the issues he and Karl had were because Kenyon couldn't practice, and Karl didn't like playing him when he couldn't practice. Karl felt Martin was using his knee as an excuse to just play games. Well, as it turns out, Kenyon ended up hurting himself by pushing too hard for Karl. Go figure.

When it comes to the fan thing, I find it hilarious. If you came to a game with a few of your good buddies to watch your teammates play while you were injured, would you want to spend the whole game getting heckled by a couple of stupid fans a few rows up? I know I wouldn't. Sure, there would've been much smarter ways for K to take care of it, but I can't help but think the fans deserved whatever they got.

When it comes right down to it, Kenyon has done some stupid things. He's said some stupid things. But he's still a very good player, one of the best defenders of players like Dirk in the league, capable offensively, and eager to get on the court and prove his doubters wrong. At the very worst, he is a detriment to the team for the first few months, and we find a way to get him off the team, little harm done. That is very unlikely. The best case scenario is that we get a starting caliber power forward without making a move in the offseason, and add depth to a bench that is generally used quite a bit over the course of the season.

Personally, I don't see what the problem is here. Kenyon coming back is a blessing for us.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #27
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
When it comes to the fan thing, I find it hilarious. If you came to a game with a few of your good buddies to watch your teammates play while you were injured, would you want to spend the whole game getting heckled by a couple of stupid fans a few rows up? I know I wouldn't. Sure, there would've been much smarter ways for K to take care of it, but I can't help but think the fans deserved whatever they got.

Personally, I don't see what the problem is here. Kenyon coming back is a blessing for us.

Oh no, poor baby can't handle a little heckling from the fans? Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him and his $86 million contract having to sit on the bench and take such vicious abuse.

What a tough guy, sending his friends to threaten a man and his young son, a man WHO DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE COMMENTS. What a class act you are Kenyon Martin.

Kenyon Martin is a piece of shit. I hope he gets injured again so I don't have to watch his sorry ass try and play basketball in a Nuggets uniform.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:28 AM   #28
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Post Re: Martin, how about next season?

Quote:
Oh no, poor baby can't handle a little heckling from the fans? Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him and his $86 million contract having to sit on the bench and take such vicious abuse.

What a tough guy, sending his friends to threaten a man and his young son, a man WHO DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE COMMENTS. What a class act you are Kenyon Martin.

Kenyon Martin is a piece of shit. I hope he gets injured again so I don't have to watch his sorry ass try and play basketball in a Nuggets uniform.

And what kind of basketball fan you are?? What a class act you seem to be..
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:24 AM   #29
Wo1fshadow
I brick open layups

Wo1fshadow has an OK reputation so far

Probably best used in a less sort of way.
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #30
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
A couple of misconceptions here:

Kenyon Martin has never under produced on the court for what was expected of him as a player. He has always given 110% effort whenever he hits the floor. He played through an injury for his team because he wanted to earn his contract, and ended up hurting himself more in the process. But when he was on the court, he scored a respectable amount for a third or fourth option, didn't take many shots, played outstanding defense, and rebounded as well as anyone playing alongside Marcus Camby ever has. And, above all, he brought heart to the floor every night, something we had sorely lacked before he came.

Kenyon Martin does not have a bad attitude. He simply states his mind, and that comes off looking bad in the media and in the eyes of the coach. But when it comes down to what truly matters- giving effort on the court- Kenyon is always ready to do that to the extent that his body will let him.

And you have to remember that a lot of the issues he and Karl had were because Kenyon couldn't practice, and Karl didn't like playing him when he couldn't practice. Karl felt Martin was using his knee as an excuse to just play games. Well, as it turns out, Kenyon ended up hurting himself by pushing too hard for Karl. Go figure.

When it comes right down to it, Kenyon has done some stupid things. He's said some stupid things. But he's still a very good player, one of the best defenders of players like Dirk in the league, capable offensively, and eager to get on the court and prove his doubters wrong. At the very worst, he is a detriment to the team for the first few months, and we find a way to get him off the team, little harm done. That is very unlikely. The best case scenario is that we get a starting caliber power forward without making a move in the offseason, and add depth to a bench that is generally used quite a bit over the course of the season.

Sorry Kenyon does have a bad attitude
And Im speak from a former Kenyon Fan
I agree they rush him back but also understand George Karl is a players coach! Players normally love him Gary Payton one of the leagues biggest jerks loved him and went to the finals. For Kenyon to have issue with George Karl says something!
Second Kenyon was a 3rd or 4th option he was the 2nd option behind Carmelo
and Andre Miller was the 3rd option and Camby was forth. And he takes on avg 15 shots per game when he's healthy and player over 30 min. Thats a lot of shots! Don't fool yourself but his name and popularity fool you. He's not that good. If he never play'd next to Jason Kidd he might be an NBA bust!
He's paid like a franchise player but avgs only 8 boards per game that's terrible! Since he left NJ every yr his numbers have gotten worse. He's been injured every yr but one! He's more injury prone than Marcus Camby.
The numbers don't lie! He's an incredible athlete but he's not that good. All he can do is jump and after surgeries on both his knees he gonna be exposed cause he has no other skills!
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: