Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Would you mind your team picking up Mike Vick?

He's getting out of prison on May 20th and 2 months after that he'll be done with his work-release and free from all the non-sense that comes with it. As an NFL fan what do you think about your team taking a gamble on him, knowing the commotion from PETA and the media interest that would come with having him on your team would cause?

Personally, as a Panther fan I'd love it. Everybody besides our front office knows Jake Delhomme isn't a starting QB anymore. Vick would be a cheap high reward type to give Jake some competition and hopefully even get the starting job. What he did is nowhere near as bad to me as Leonard Little who killed a man and is still playing NFL football or Donte Stallworth who will likely be playing NFL ball this year.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Would you mind your team picking up Mike Vick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
He's getting out of prison on May 20th and 2 months after that he'll be done with his work-release and free from all the non-sense that comes with it. As an NFL fan what do you think about your team taking a gamble on him, knowing the commotion from PETA and the media interest that would come with having him on your team would cause?

Personally, as a Panther fan I'd love it. Everybody besides our front office knows Jake Delhomme isn't a starting QB anymore. Vick would be a cheap high reward type to give Jake some competition and hopefully even get the starting job. What he did is nowhere near as bad to me as Leonard Little who killed a man and is still playing NFL football or Donte Stallworth who will likely be playing NFL ball this year.

I agree with you all he did was kill dogs, NFL players have killed people and are still playing. I think all the NFL players are punks to let Vick go out like that without even saying a word to him.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18

I agree with you all he did was kill dogs, NFL players have killed people and are still playing. I think all the NFL players are punks to let Vick go out like that without even saying a word to him.

Its not even about that, he served his time. The question is knowing the media circus that will come with him would you want him on your team.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

I think it would be an interesting pick-up for any team...

it also depends on the situation. The Raiders might just take him...
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

considering we just dumped 78 mil into matt shatford yes. Vick wont be able to play this next season anyways (if he does, than goodell is a joke and woefully inconsistent).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why did the Lions sign Stafford anyways?? You have a terrible team and you pick a quarterback in the middle of a recession. Good PR, Lions.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No, but I wouldn't see the point. I'm a Colts fan, so obviously we don't need a QB. Maybe shift him to WR or use him on some gimmicky wildcat type stuff.

Save Dallas or Oakland, I don't see anyone else even considering giving him a shot. He's not going to take your team to the next level, and what he'll bring on the field isn't worth the PR nightmare the team'll go through. If this Dungy visit goes well and he feels like Vick really is sorry and blah blah blah, it'd go a long way in Indy though, Dungy's a saint here.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #8
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
considering we just dumped 78 mil into matt shatford yes. Vick wont be able to play this next season anyways (if he does, than goodell is a joke and woefully inconsistent).

You see Vick getting suspended for a whole year? 4 games seems more than fair.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
No, but I wouldn't see the point. I'm a Colts fan, so obviously we don't need a QB. Maybe shift him to WR or use him on some gimmicky wildcat type stuff.

Save Dallas or Oakland, I don't see anyone else even considering giving him a shot. He's not going to take your team to the next level, and what he'll bring on the field isn't worth the PR nightmare the team'll go through. If this Dungy visit goes well and he feels like Vick really is sorry and blah blah blah, it'd go a long way in Indy though, Dungy's a saint here.
Did you see Michael Vick's receivers in Atlanta? They couldnt catch. He made his teams way better with his running ability and could throw at least 70 yards. He made Alge Crumpler a pro bowl tight end. He was on his way to becoming one of the greatest qb's ever. Remember when he beat Brett Favre and the Packers at LAMBEAU in the 2002 Playoffs? He had more talent than most of the quarterback I've ever seen.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #10
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Did you see Michael Vick's receivers in Atlanta? They couldnt catch. He made his teams way better with his running ability and could throw at least 70 yards. He made Alge Crumpler a pro bowl tight end. He was on his way to becoming one of the greatest qb's ever. Remember when he beat Brett Favre and the Packers at LAMBEAU in the 2002 Playoffs? He had more talent than most of the quarterback I've ever seen.

This I agree with. He has a hell of a lot of talent and can throw the hell out of a ball. Not the most accurate passer, but still better than a handful of starting quarterbacks in the league in this department.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

send him into a situation which is impossible to screw up anymore than it already is. I am thinking the Raiders would be a great destination.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
send him into a situation which is impossible to screw up anymore than it already is. I am thinking the Raiders would be a great destination.

If he runs a good 40 time still, the raiders will take him.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #13
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

If he plays at the same level he did when he led the Falcons to the superbowl, he can definitely take your team to the next level. Any team that needs a starting QB needs to pick this guy up. Make sure the WRs can catch bullets though.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

WRs Maclin/Desean/Avant...ok Vick isnt need at WR
RBs Westbrook/McCoy/Booker...ok Vick isnt needed at RB

Wouldnt mind Vick if Eagles had a position he could play. QB isnt an option given the fact Eagles from what I hear love Kevin corn on the Kolb.

If anything it'll be interesting to see what Vick can do on the football field given his long time away from it. It'll probably be like lifting weights religiously then taking a long break and when you get back into it? Ouch.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #15
tastystaci
Local High School Star

tastystaci has decent reputation

Quote:
Did you see Michael Vick's receivers in Atlanta?

Did you see Matt Ryan make those receivers look like pro bowlers? What a failure of an argument. Vick is Pat White with dead dogs in his backyard. Nothing more. Somebody will pick him, just like Miami wasted a high pick on Pat White...to run the wildcat.
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: