Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #16
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Default Re: Would you mind your team picking up Mike Vick?

Roddy White looked like a Pro Bowler with Byron Leftwhich, Chris Redman, and Joey Harrington. The problem Vick had in Atlanta was that he was still waiting for his receivers to blossom. I regularly saw Roddy in college. He ran two routes, the fly and the post. He was very raw coming into the NFL. Michael Jenkins continues to be a flop no matter who the QB is. Lost in the Vick could not pass argument are the flourishing of guys like Brian Finneran and Alge Crumpler.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Vick cant play in the west coast offense. You need an offense that suits his strengths. Dude struggles with short accurate passes.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #18
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

The Bengals keep taking P.R. hits year after year. Signing Vick would be the absolute worst possible move from that perspective. The franchise is already on life support. I don't think the community could deal with this. On the field, we really wouldn't have anywhere to put him.

Last edited by mlh1981 : 04-30-2009 at 04:23 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Put Vick at RB in Cinnci.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #20
phelix2000
Decent playground baller

I think the Lions could use Vick. I have a feeling Stafford is going to be a real bust. After whole Georgia was ranked #1 this year and they failed to live up to there standards, Stafford also choked in big games.
phelix2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #21
tastystaci
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelix2000
I think the Lions could use Vick. I have a feeling Stafford is going to be a real bust. After whole Georgia was ranked #1 this year and they failed to live up to there standards, Stafford also choked in big games.

Please, Stafford played in the toughest Conference in America, against the best defenses in America with a subpar o-line. The guy has a cannon, as long as they bring him along correctly he will be a pro-bowl qb. Vick isn't even better than Culpepper. He'd be 4th string right now behind Culpepper, Stafford, and and the Polack, Orlanksky.
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

I wouldn't mind the Raiders or Niners signing Vick.. especially as he'd come for the minimum so there is nothing to lose and still potential in him.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #23
-primetime-

I forget who it was but yesterday someone on ESPN reported that there are 3-4 teams currently interested in Vick...and with Dallas cleaning house and opening a new stadium they are not one of those teams...

I am wondering if Dan Snyder is thinking about that...
Old 04-30-2009, 11:07 PM   #24
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

I think the 9ers would be a good fit for him. They are in desperate need for a starting QB.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #25
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

He did his time, I hold no further stigma in regards to that man. Let him play ball somewhere. I dont care what as, but give him a chance at QB just for old time sakes. He is the reason I first started watching NFL football actually... the reason I still wear Falcons gear around my hometown... the reason I shy away from non mobile QB's...

Dang ive missed this guy...
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #26
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
He did his time, I hold no further stigma in regards to that man. Let him play ball somewhere. I dont care what as, but give him a chance at QB just for old time sakes. He is the reason I first started watching NFL football actually... the reason I still wear Falcons gear around my hometown... the reason I shy away from non mobile QB's...

Dang ive missed this guy...

Me too, I ve missed Vick too. I am tired of white guys who get millions of chances and when a black QB messes up they throw him under the bus.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #27
Jackass18
The Iron Price

**** no. A rustyass QB that will probably have quite a bit of mental problems and bring a media circus? **** no.

Quote:
He was on his way to becoming one of the greatest qb's ever.

Not even close.

Quote:
Please, Stafford played in the toughest Conference in America, against the best defenses in America with a subpar o-line.

The SEC wasn't that great outside of Florida, Alabama, and maybe Mississippi. Stafford played with talent at Georgia (Moreno, Green and Massaquoi).
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #28
tastystaci
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
The SEC wasn't that great outside of Florida, Alabama, and maybe Mississippi. Stafford played with talent at Georgia (Moreno, Green and Massaquoi).

Correct, but they were all skill players. He didn't get 15 seconds in the pocket like Sanchez who played in the "no-defense-playing" Pac 10 behind a stacked o-line. Stafford played against the best defensive conference in the country behind a very suspect o-line. That's all I said.
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: