Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #16
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Just like my dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
-Stubborn (we argue a lot of the time)
-Both love soccer
-Both energetic while my bro and mom are more laid back and soft-spoken
-Both believe in hard work
-Work in the same field

Just wondering, did your dad every bring you to work with him as a kid?
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #17
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Ahh, but see that's the beauty of life, my dear White Chocolate. Real, genuine, honest people are boring.. they are but a dime a dozen, simple peasants adhering to their silly morals. But a fraud..a fake.. an imposter that can manipulate others at will, that can play a role other than themselves. Fascinating and clever. Only the witty and the blessed can sustain fantastic facades.

Just ask Oscar f*cking Wilde.

My apologies for not being a nutjob. I'll reconsider organized crime.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #18
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
Just wondering, did your dad every bring you to work with him as a kid?

Ya, when my mom had to be out for the day. I'd just watch movies in the break room all day.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:01 AM   #19
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

we have almost no similarities.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #20
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
we have almost no similarities.

Is your Dad from Iran?
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #21
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Look a lot alike. That's all.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #22
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

appearance wise, not at all. i'm tall, he's short. i'm kinda lanky, he's stout. he has a beard, i'm clean shaven.

personality wise, not overly similar. he's more of an introvert and is very work oriented. i tend to be extroverted and am easily distracted. he's a sports fan, whereas i tend to play AND follow. i am into a lot of the social sciences and humanities, while he is strictly mathematics and physics.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:12 AM   #23
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

-Temper
-Suck in speech
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:55 AM   #24
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not a thing alike, although I made a concentrated effort to be nothing like him.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:09 AM   #25
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Is your Dad from Iran?
word. he is different.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:15 AM   #26
-primetime-

I didn't know who my father was for years...

I kinda freaked out a little bit when I first met him...

Old 05-01-2009, 03:24 AM   #27
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I didn't know who my father was for years...

I kinda freaked out a little bit when I first met him...

I'd say you took it as well as could be expected under the circumstances.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:29 AM   #28
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Similar sense of humour.
Some similarities in our opinions on some sports.
Some similarities in our opinions on politics.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:30 AM   #29
CasterL
Feeling supersonic

CasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected poster

very similar.

my dad lives in australia so i only see him very occasionally. but i have heard countless times from my mum and his family how im 'my fathers son'

we share a lot of the same mannerisms and physical characteristics
very similar beliefs and views on world politics
similar personality trates
ie
thoughtful
sporty
massive temper when pissed off
pretty laid back
good 4 a laugh
confident
etc

im more academic than him where as hes a plumber but it think thats a result of upbringing
CasterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:01 AM   #30
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm a lot like my old man and damn proud of it.

We have a lot of the same mannerisms, love for sports - he taught me how to play baseball/hockey/etc., both have very cause and effect thought processes, both very conservative, both have a firm belief in individuality, and the list goes on. I started listening to classic rock because he had a huge CD collection and I would always pick ones to listen to judging by how cool the cover art was because I had never heard of any of them before. Where I found out about AC/DC, CCR, Skynyrd, Gn'R, Beatles, Eagles, BTO, Zeppelin, Stones, etc. Pretty big impact it turned out to have.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 05-01-2009 at 04:05 AM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: