Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2009, 04:53 AM   #31
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Just like my dad

Things we have in common

tempers
work ethic
good social skills

He rarely watches sports unless I am home, he has only had 1 drink in his life, I'm more emotional. He never played sports growing up even though he was tall and athletic. It was all about work for him but that was what was expected out of him from his father. I'm glad he has given me the oppurtunities he didnt have.

We do get along though most of the time. He does have a sense of humor but you have to catch him in the right mood. He has definitely opened up more as I grew up though. The only thing we can really conversate about for a long time is his work, which he loves. He has a worse temper but nowhere near as bad as his fathers.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:09 AM   #32
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

things we have in common

tend to spend a lot of time in our own worlds (absent around others frequently)
smart sensitive men
both fancy ourselves very funny
both good ball players
both good actors

after that we're very different, my dad is a "type A" worker and worrier, i rebeled against that to a fault. my dad's good with money i'm not, my dad plans ahead i don't, my dad stresses out about little sh*t, i don't. different politically and socially as well, he has probably been drunk or stoned 5 times in his life, i don't drink much either (i've got 5 times beat by a lot though) but i did a lot of drugs and still smoke bud. he was married at 22, i'm 31 and still don't have much interest in committing to one girl for the rest of my life. I've always felt very lucky to have had the parents i had, they are different than me and frustrating sometimes but they are/were very grounded and wise to the big-picture for the most part, i see/hear about some other people's fathers/mothers and i feel so blessed.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #33
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didn't meet my real dad until I was 21. He's the only other person in my family who has any any sort of interest in sports. I had always wondered where I got it from. He's 52, still has all his hair, and is thin, so I guess that bodes well for me

He has a bit of a drinking problem and is a bit more of a redneck than me (not that there's anything wrong with the latter, but worth pointing out). Other than that, we are pretty similar.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #34
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

We generally share the same interests, very similar personality.

I have qualities that he'd like and vice versa(we've discussed them so we know)

We're as close to best friends as you could get, only he's my father.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #35
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My dad died 7 years ago and before that I didn't think we had anything in common at all. The only time we could actually talk to each other was when discussing sports and even then it would turn into an argument sometimes. He really liked baseball and I was just a casual fan. He loved college basketball but hated the NBA whereas I liked both about equally.

It's funny but now that I have a kid of my own I find myself acting like my dad. The other day I actually said "I'm gonna turn this car around and go back home if I hear any more back talk from you!" I actually scared myself.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #36
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster

me and my dad a alike in many ways:

-we both have a true love of music
-we both play instruments (he's a drummer, i like the bass)
-we both love sports (browns, cavs, buckeyes, and indians)
-we both have terrible tempers
-we both burn
-we both love the arts (movies, comics, animation, books, and art in general)

....and even more ways that i can even think of right now. but yeah, my dad has definitely had a HUGE influence on my life.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #37
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alright how similar are you guyz to your mothers?
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #38
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY

We have the same dress size.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #39
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
We have the same dress size.

Physically the same build huh? You must have been benchin' to keep up with the chest.

I've always looked like my mother moreso than my father, but mentally complete opposites.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #40
DreamShake34
I hit open layups

DreamShake34 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Aside from looks, we don't have very much in common.

Last edited by DreamShake34 : 05-01-2009 at 10:08 PM.
DreamShake34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #41
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

- we are both lazy
- we like to mess around
- we love basketball
- we are both a slow learner
that's about it
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:43 AM   #42
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I didnt really grow up with a father figure, and the one I did grow up with was a sh!tty dad. I have my step dad, but ive never seen eye to eye with him nor liked him.

I learned all my manners and stuff from my mom. I got my own attitude, values, and morals though.

Life is a long story...
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:47 AM   #43
ROAM.
I brick open layups

ROAM. has an OK reputation so far

first name
sports
arts
temper
impatience
handy work
ROAM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #44
DC's Finest
My Shit Don't Stank.

DC's Finest has decent reputationDC's Finest has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
I didnt really grow up with a father figure, and the one I did grow up with was a sh!tty dad. I have my step dad, but ive never seen eye to eye with him nor liked him.

I learned all my manners and stuff from my mom. I got my own attitude, values, and morals though.

Life is a long story...
Story of my life man....
DC's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #45
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm nothing like my pops, as far as I know. And I don't really ever want to share any similarities with him. I have more of an emotional connection to the bum that used to be outside the liquor store all the time that we'd give a couple bucks to so he'd buy us liquor when I was younger.

But, I try not to hold grudges. All the bull**** I've been though/done in this life shaped who I am in some way, shape, or form, and he's definitely been an influence though he was never there. I'll credit him if I do in fact end up being a good father, cuz all I have to do is the complete opposite of him.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: