Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #331
jrong
Revolution untelevised

Default Re: May 1: Hawks at Heat, Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
So since your argument was completely punk'd you decide to change the subject completely. Color me shocked.

My argument wasn't "punk'd" because I wasn't aware that the discussion was conflictual enough to be called an "argument". You think Wade wasn't hurt as bad as he said he was. My contention is that he'd have no incentive to exaggerate the injury. When players play head-games with their opponents like that it's typically done to gain an advantage. But, the Heat already had the advantage. They had the Hawks on their heels after Game 3.

The other reason a player might play up an injury is to excuse a poor performance, but Wade was coming off of two strong performances. It wasn't like he shot 9 - 26 in Game 4 and then brought up being hurt. Him being hurt came to light before Game 4 even started.

Wade can be off just like any player, and he can obviously have 9 - 26 nights. But, if he shoots two consecutive airballs on relatively open jumpers on his first two field goal attempts, then I'd say there's a good chance he's feeling affected physically.

Now as to Game 5, I don't know whether him being at 60% health coming in was his estimation or the training staff's, but I would say, looking at his performance-- coming off of a 1/6 shooting in the first half to have a 17 pt. 3rd quarter and finish with 29 pts. on the night-- the evidence does support the thesis that he was ailing early on and loosened up in the game's second half.

And now, if we've resolved our "argument", I am truly curious to hear what you and other Hawk fans think of whatever the organization's blueprint is for next year and beyond....
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #332
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Okay, so first excuse was the Heat can't win without shooting high 3pt %, then the next excuse was they didn't have Marvin Williams & Mario West, and the third excuse is....?

Just face it... The Heat beat the Hawks handily, fair and square. No fluke, no luck, no cheating or dirty play... just handled them in games 2, 3, & 6, just like the Hawks handled the Heat easily in games 1 & 4.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #333
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
My argument wasn't "punk'd" because I wasn't aware that the discussion was conflictual enough to be called an "argument". You think Wade wasn't hurt as bad as he said he was. My contention is that he'd have no incentive to exaggerate the injury.

Your contention was that the series would be over if Wade didn't have back problems in game 4 which is flat out retarded.

Whether it was bothering him or not there was no mention of Wades back before game 4. It was before game 5 that he was asked about it and said he was at 60% which was nonsense.

Last edited by tontoz : 05-02-2009 at 03:19 PM.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #334
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Okay, so first excuse was the Heat can't win without shooting high 3pt %, then the next excuse was they didn't have Marvin Williams & Mario West, and the third excuse is....?

Just face it... The Heat beat the Hawks handily, fair and square. No fluke, no luck, no cheating or dirty play... just handled them in games 2, 3, & 6, just like the Hawks handled the Heat easily in games 1 & 4.

RIF

Please show me where i said Marvin or anyone else being out was the reason why the Hawks lost any games.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #335
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

Jesus christ you kids are arguing over stupid ****.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #336
D-Rose

This has been such a friggin boring series, I thought this was going to be the most exciting series....
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #337
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
This has been such a friggin boring series, I thought this was going to be the most exciting series....

Seriously if there was ever a series where both teams deserve to lose it is this one. Even if the Hawks win game 7 i will still be disappointed.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #338
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
WTF? Where are the fans?

People need to understand that south Florida has an incredible night life. & just because they are not at the game, does not mean they not watching it at the clubs, bars, restaurants, privet parties, or where ever the hell they are.
I myself rearly ever go to the games. I rather watch it on my recliner away from annoying screaming fans. + the food, & beer are a lot cheaper, & it wont take me half an hour just to go take a piss.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: