Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #151
5foot6
I brick open layups

Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

this was a few weeks ago. we were playing on a 9'6" rim for some reason, idk why. we were up 20-19, it was to 21 win by two. i get the ball off a pick, somebody a few inches taller than me standing in front of the rim. i completely jumped over him and dunked it. it was like vince carters dunk over that 7 footer. i was so pumped.
5foot6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #152
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

I am extremely sore today from 5 hours of tough physical play, so I have PLENTY of material for you guys.

Keep this in mind, every game was 3 on 3 to 15 and win by two.

-First game, I am playing on a team with a fat guy who is decent in the post, a girl who was really short and could not shoot at all. I was getting guarded by a trash talking, front-running *******. We were down 12-5 and I was pissed. My jumper was not working so I tried to distribute. This jerkoff kept guarding me and said"I bet you mad now, huh?" I broke that b*tches ankles on the spot. I drove right, spun to my left, brought it back and he fell down! For some reason, I could not help laughing at his ass on the ground before shooting it and swishing. Eventually, my team lost 15-13.

-Second game, played against certified, Jordan wearing scrubs. Skunked them quick.

-Third game, same as numero dos.

-Fourth game, now this game took a long ass time. My shot was on. I was hitting my patented baseline fadeaway. I was playing against two highschool white kids who had major game. The other player(Josh aka Dirk), well, he was a f*cking monster. This six three white dude CONTROLLED the post. We could not stop him. I told the fat dude to push his ass out as far as you can. That's all we could do at the time. We were up 14-9 and they came back and made it 14-15 before we alternated one point leads with me and Dirk scoring a bunch. I could not keep up. I was tired as hell. We lost 30-32.

Final game, after waiting for my turn to face the team we lost to, I was ready. They were scared. I had it going on the perimeter and could not be stopped. I drove left, brought it back between the legs, drove right, spun back to my left and then finished with the left hand. They could not guard me. For once, I had confidence in my handles. I mean, I felt like a pro. I was in the zone. Final score, 15-8.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #153
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

tore my MCL ballin w lamar doom, lilogaymayo, uclalegend32 yesterday
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:25 AM   #154
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Damn, how long are you out?
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #155
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:

this sucks, sorry man
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:07 AM   #156
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Damn, how long are you out?

It was a grade 1 tear, I started hooping again this week already. When I was out, I still went to the gym and shot FTs every day and shot around without jumping for hours and did tons of dribbling and core drills. I am playing with a knee brace now and I have been killing cats the last few days. People have been telling me my jumper is even wetter than before and Im gonna keep working harder to keep killin these other cats
Old 01-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #157
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
It was a grade 1 tear, I started hooping again this week already. When I was out, I still went to the gym and shot FTs every day and shot around without jumping for hours and did tons of dribbling and core drills. I am playing with a knee brace now and I have been killing cats the last few days. People have been telling me my jumper is even wetter than before and Im gonna keep working harder to keep killin these other cats

I had to get a knee brace and wore it for a week. I couldnt STAND IT. I felt like it restricted a ton of movement, so I just didnt play for a few weeks. I did whatever I could to keep working on my game and when games came around I just wrapped it with a sport bandage. God I hate knee braces I hope I never have to wear one again.

True when you get leg injuries, a lot of the athleticism you end up missing till recovery gets made up with an improved jumper and other things
Old 01-08-2010, 03:43 AM   #158
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Wetted it up again at the gym today. My jumpers been so nice now. I seperated my shoulder though when I posted up on this short filipino guy and I spun and the help defense came outta nowhere and collided with me but my shoulder naturally popped back in on itself which I was lucky.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #159
LebrickJames84'
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5foot6
this was a few weeks ago. we were playing on a 9'6" rim for some reason, idk why. we were up 20-19, it was to 21 win by two. i get the ball off a pick, somebody a few inches taller than me standing in front of the rim. i completely jumped over him and dunked it. it was like vince carters dunk over that 7 footer. i was so pumped.

stopped reading at that point.
LebrickJames84' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #160
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebrickJames84'

thanks, no one cares
Old 01-09-2010, 05:43 AM   #161
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkLfylJ3Jqw

Should probably have a bigger thread of it but heres a mix of me lilojmayo UCLAlegend32 qrich and Lamar Doom. I am the bald asian guy #10 and red shorts for most of the time, everyone know whos liloj and lamar doom, qrich is the short armenian guy, and uclalegend is the dirty hispanic guy
Old 01-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #162
5foot6
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebrickJames84'

at the park we were playing at, theres a 10 foot rim and a 9'6" rim, and the ten foot was taken. so we played on 9'6". and someone whos 5'6" dunking on 9'6" isnt impressive to you?
5foot6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #163
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Was just messing around at a school last night with some buds that has a light by a bball court and a few guys were walking back from the Lake that's right by there and wanted play some 3 on 3. They weren't very good so I was able to just play like Steve Nash on them... man it was so fun to just mess around yet be able to do anything I wanted lol. In 2 games... 1 of which was to 11 and the other was to 21 and I think I probably had like 15 assists lol.

This isn't really a brag btw... another guy joined their team so it was 4 on 3 and we still beat them pretty bad lol... so that kind of gives you an idea of the caliber of competition haha. They were good kids tho... not these wanksters that I see too much these days where I live... We would have just had to demoralize them if that was the case
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #164
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Here is a video of my game from 2 weeks ago thanks to liloj for filming it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxp73mFbkuw

I am the only nonblack guy on my team so its not hard to spot me.

I am finally feeling 100% good and healthy with my legs under me. I would handle the ball more but we lost alot of our bigs and our team is stacked with guards so I defer more to Matthew who runs the show.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #165
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Here is a video of my game from 2 weeks ago thanks to liloj for filming it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxp73mFbkuw

I am the only nonblack guy on my team so its not hard to spot me.

I am finally feeling 100% good and healthy with my legs under me. I would handle the ball more but we lost alot of our bigs and our team is stacked with guards so I defer more to Matthew who runs the show.

That was a good game. Marcus, and uclalegend32 was telling me how the other team's pg was talking trash before saying he would drop 50 on you guys. Dude was gunning the whole game.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: