Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-14-2010, 01:39 AM   #166
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Here is a video of my game from 2 weeks ago thanks to liloj for filming it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxp73mFbkuw

I am the only nonblack guy on my team so its not hard to spot me.

I am finally feeling 100% good and healthy with my legs under me. I would handle the ball more but we lost alot of our bigs and our team is stacked with guards so I defer more to Matthew who runs the show.

I'm going to seriously have to post videos of myself playing, when I get back healthy.

I would just feel like a fool taping myself.

The only player I know for a fact here who is at the very least decent is lilojmayo ... suprising of all people considering the player he reps and the way he talks pro ball in the forums. LOL j/k

But seriously, I'm going to have to get some video for you guys.

My men's league in comparison to that video I just watched, is like semi-pro ball in comparison.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:32 AM   #167
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

I'm going to seriously have to post videos of myself playing, when I get back healthy.

I would just feel like a fool taping myself.

The only player I know for a fact here who is at the very least decent is lilojmayo ... suprising of all people considering the player he reps and the way he talks pro ball in the forums. LOL j/k

But seriously, I'm going to have to get some video for you guys.

My men's league in comparison to that video I just watched, is like semi-pro ball in comparison.

lilojmayo justed posted a new shootaround video. He is really good, he reminds me of Brandon Jennings. Maga1 was also good he reminds me of Ricky Rubio. I'm with you the rest of the videos i have seen all the posters seem to have some skill, but aren't any out of the ordinary player. At least I am not alone in this.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:21 AM   #168
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1955
He is really good, he reminds me of Brandon Jennings.
He's got some skill. Doesn't play anything like B. Jennings, but you can see he's got some game.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:38 AM   #169
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

LebronairJAMES has decent reputation

i hit 43 straight free throws today at the local park no one was around so i decided to try and get 30 straight ended up with the 43 50 is my new target!
LebronairJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #170
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronairJAMES
i hit 43 straight free throws today at the local park no one was around so i decided to try and get 30 straight ended up with the 43 50 is my new target!

Nice dude! The most ive ever hit in a row is 8. Last time i actually shot 100 free throws in a row i was 27% (that was in like 3 years ago) but now when i shot 50 in a row i make around 15-20
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 AM   #171
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

College Intramural League:

we lost 47-34

I had 15 pts and around 8 rebs
6-9 fg% 0-1 3pt%
3-4 ft%

our PG was just chucking and the other team was running up and down on us. we couldn't do much about their run and gun O.

we're 1-1
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:22 AM   #172
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We were playing in my basketball class and this team that put themselves together thought they were the sh!t. They'd beatin everyone badly.

It consisted of 2 JC players, and 3 high school stars. They had the height, unfortunately for them they ran into a team in my team that wasn't intimidated. The first play they passed it to my cover and I ended up blocking him. It set the tone for the rest of the game, we just out defensed them.

We won 11-2
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #173
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
We were playing in my basketball class and this team that put themselves together thought they were the sh!t. They'd beatin everyone badly.

It consisted of 2 JC players, and 3 high school stars. They had the height, unfortunately for them they ran into a team in my team that wasn't intimidated. The first play they passed it to my cover and I ended up blocking him. It set the tone for the rest of the game, we just out defensed them.

We won 11-2

lol then high school team has the wrong stars then, if they're getting punked by people from a basketball class. you and your team need to take over the HS team
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #174
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
lol then high school team has the wrong stars then, if they're getting punked by people from a basketball class. you and your team need to take over the HS team

For real

Played 1 pickup game yesterday... had to take it really light tho so I guarded a 6'3 big guy. He got me in the post once but he didn't move around much so it was all good

Went 3/4 for 4 of my teams 8 points (play to 12) with an airball from 3 to start it off... pretty standard lol. I was glad I made the rest of my shots tho that airball was ugly lmao like a foot past the rim. Didn't think I was going to play tho so I didn't' get a proper warmup (standard excuse lol).

Amazingly my left hamstring actually felt a lot better after I played... I don't quite get that but I will take it
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #175
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
For real

Played 1 pickup game yesterday... had to take it really light tho so I guarded a 6'3 big guy. He got me in the post once but he didn't move around much so it was all good

Went 3/4 for 4 of my teams 8 points (play to 12) with an airball from 3 to start it off... pretty standard lol. I was glad I made the rest of my shots tho that airball was ugly lmao like a foot past the rim. Didn't think I was going to play tho so I didn't' get a proper warmup (standard excuse lol).

Amazingly my left hamstring actually felt a lot better after I played... I don't quite get that but I will take it

nice, glad your pick up game has been pretty spot on. As for me, well LOL. I've been running pick up during the week with a few friends and some of our colleges men's team players. I literally only get off 2-3 shots a game, have a hard time getting good looks and have been lacking getting past anyone on the drive. My defense has been sharp, but the people I've been playing against have just been too good to consistently light up the court.

League play I've been good though. It also helps that I'm playing with people in closer range of my skill level, not college ballers.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #176
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23

I could have made my high school team pretty easily and I beat high school players a lot (not from the good teams mind you). But my time was consumed doing marching sports which I've been into since I was a freshman.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 AM   #177
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I could have made my high school team pretty easily and I beat high school players a lot (not from the good teams mind you). But my time was consumed doing marching sports which I've been into since I was a freshman.

you shouldve played!!! lol
Old 02-17-2010, 01:15 AM   #178
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
you shouldve played!!! lol

My passion for basketball is only rivaled by my passion for music. My music took me to an undefeated state title, and an undefeated circut title. It took my to Dayton, OH for world championships and China for the Olympics.

I have not regrets in not playing. Well.... I wish I could've done both.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:20 AM   #179
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
nice, glad your pick up game has been pretty spot on. As for me, well LOL. I've been running pick up during the week with a few friends and some of our colleges men's team players. I literally only get off 2-3 shots a game, have a hard time getting good looks and have been lacking getting past anyone on the drive. My defense has been sharp, but the people I've been playing against have just been too good to consistently light up the court.

League play I've been good though. It also helps that I'm playing with people in closer range of my skill level, not college ballers.

Well yea playing college ballers I wouldn't expect to get off a lot of good looks either. I would hope they know how to play some D That's great practice tho I assume your game has gotten a little better because of it? Should make playing against those other guys easier.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:48 AM   #180
ElBronco
All that I can borrow

ElBronco has an OK reputation so far

Played yesterday, lost two but won the last game when I was implored to "turn it up" by my friend. The other team had a tallie (6'6'' with long arms) who was way more skilled than my cousin (6'4'') but we kept the games respectiable. Not really very competitive though.
ElBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: