Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #241
a rock
I airball my layups

a rock has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Yeah man, I stuffed a few fadeaways myself, but that one was the most rewarding.
a rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #242
ghettoracer
I airball my layups

ghettoracer has an OK reputation so far

usual sat night indoors 8-10pm tonight. tonight was good about 18 players came so basically 2 teams waiting which means the plays were more competitive than usual. it's normally been light in the last few weeks (people traveling in the summer i guess) and when there were only 12-13 players people were playing kinda lazy. anyway, so the games were good tonight and stayed competitive all the way to the end of the 2 hour.

last game, first to 21 wins. we were leading 20-18. the other team attempts a 3 to try to end the game but missed, my teammate grabbed the rebound and outlet to me on the right side. defense already has 3 players back, one at the top of the key, one to his right (my view = left) and one to his left who comes up to mark me right when i was about to cross the half court line in attempt to slow me down and/or trap me. i hesitate for a split second and drive hard pass him and try to see if any team mate follows up but none came up yet (they were screaming for me to slow it down haha), i dribble just pass the 3 points line and the defense guy on top of the key now comes to help and the guy i drove past trying to recover just behind me as well. about 2 feet inside the 3 i pick up the dribble and setup for a jumper. i use the momentum and did my fade away bank shot. my ideal angle is about 45 deg usually but i was fading to the right pretty hard. i shot it really high up on the glass. it felt like slow motion because by the time i landed i was pretty much at the base line and the ball hasn't hit the glass yet. i thought i had went too deep and the ball was going to kiss the edge of the side board and miss... but it barely made it and went high off the glass, hit the front inner part of the rim (so it wasn't the cleanest bank shot) but it went through!!

DAMN THAT FELT GOOOOOOD. >:-) i wished it was on video...

Last edited by ghettoracer : 08-15-2010 at 12:24 AM.
ghettoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #243
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

Well, since you bumped it, I'll tell what happened today. My two friends and I were just warming up and about to 2v1 one when an old asian guy(met him several times and owned us everytime). My friend,(I'll just address him as 1 :]) who just signed up, went with the old guy. My other friend, 2, and I got owned hardcore with a score 11-5 because the old asian guy made 7-7 shots. That was his warm up, so he continued his destruction with college players. I could see 3 kids from another school, about the same age of us looking at my friends and me. I could sense a dark energy :O

They walked over to us and challenged us to a 3v3. They said, "Shoot for the ball" in a tough guy voice lol. They swished it perfectly. Then my friend, 1, who was new, bricked it hardcore. They made a grin like they were going to win 11-0 easy. They proceeded to just passing the ball and making a 3. Then I heard "Wow, we won no problem haha". *dj disk sound* Well, here's what happened. Then they checked it out again. They tried to do a layup but my friend, 1, who was 5,1, packed a guy who was 5,10 LOLOL. We proceeded to rape them. My friend, 1, got a score of 4/7 while my 2nd friend, 2, got 2/4 while I got 3/4. The top two highlights I could remember about me was when I did the Rajon Rondo fake or some shet, and they all turned to my friend expecting a pass and I made an open layup. Their reaction was "WHAT THE HELL!?" The 2nd one was when I was just walking into a triple team trap. I just did did a spin into a fast killer crossover and two of them bumped their heads into each other and I made an open layup. Final Score was=11-2. GG

I had to edit to make it easier to read lol. I must copy how people makes it easy to read with more than two people in the story :O
Ah.. I see swagger. I guess I must use words like "my man" and "other dude" LOL. Great read also. Oh yeah, where's your videos again? I must see them

Last edited by bobbyflay : 08-14-2010 at 06:35 PM.
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #244
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

^^^ Your storytelling is kind of confusing but entertaining

I played last Wednesday. My knee made good strides in healing for a couple weeks when I didn't play, so I have played twice in the last 2 weeks and been able to go hard. This past Wednesday in the first game, the game was tied 14-14 (play to 15 str8 up). My guy has the ball at the top of the key, I am right up on him since it's game point so he dibbles left to get away from me. One of my teammates (dude wasn't very good but whatever he made the game saving play pretty much) came up and trapped him and forced the ball loose. I grabbed the ball and hauled ass for a game winning layup. I felt like I had never moved so fast in my life... and I haven't been a 1 foot jumper for years nor have I been playing very much due to injury soreness... but yea I was blazing down the floor and got a great jump off one leg and layed it in easy. I couldn't have dunked it lol, but my dude said it looked like I got pretty high up there and that I was flying down the court. I was just very surprised... I guess I still have some juice left

2nd game was another great game. We are down 14 to 9... so 1 more point and it's their game. They brick a shot and I get the ball and hit a pull up 2 on the move from a couple feet behind the line... They brick another shot, We come down and get a layup in transition. A couple more bricks from both teams (including a wide open 2 by them... which was lucky) and dude on my team hits an open 2 from the corner to tie it at 14. We get the ball again (they must have gone like 0-8 in this final stretch) and I think it's str8 up so I'm looking for an easy 1 to win it. I get by my guy by getting real low on my drive and lay it up... game over... no wait, apparently I missed (I didn't even see it miss or go in... I was just so sure it went in) So I am like to my dude "WTF I missed that?" and he said yea but that we needed to win by 2 anyway... shit lol. Ball gets checked in at the other end cus someone called time.. and they proceed to miss again... we get a fast break, I get the ball on the wing for 2 wide open... money. Game over.

2 really great games... I had like 2 or 3 the first game but set up teammates for buckets, the second game I had 7 with 3 2's. I didn't turn it over once the whole time and felt like I played about as well as I have... ever pretty much. My handle was nice, my shot was good (except for one bad brick due to getting used to this ball that was light as shit but super easy to handle), and I was setting up teammates. Overall I give my performance an A.. and it was against fairly solid competition (not the best, not the worst). It was a good session I just wish people look me off in the post... I was calling for the ball, had good position, and didn't get the rock. That was frustrating.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 08-14-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #245
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

I just got back from the gym and I'm disappointed today. Me and my man were playing 2 dudes he played with last night. I remember he texted me saying he just schooled 2 b!tches who talked alot of trash, so I was kinda surprised when I saw them there.

We ended up playing 5 games (Win, Lose, Win, Lose, Win) because everytime we won the other 2 guys told us to play best of 3, best of 5 etc.

These guys were freaking annoying. They did talk trash but it wasn't direct, it was to each other. So they'd be saying to each other "he can't shoot" or "you've got a mismatch" or some other crap when they figured they wanted to mess with us.

Things were actually pretty chill until the last game, the first 4 games i played relaxed D and hit some mid ranges. Luckily my friend is a nasty scorer and he was feeling it today. In the last game they were up 6 when my friend went on a scoring run. I kept feeding it to him cause he was literally unstoppable. Mid way through I start checking my man the ball and he just tosses it to my teammate (we were playing pass-ins). I'm like "whats good pass me the ball" and he's like no I want you to shoot it. So I told him to stop being a punk and he gave in. My friend kept gunning and we were up at the end and it was about 12-10 when things got heated.

They just kept calling me a "mismatch" and I was like okay fine we'll do this. So they drop the fatter kid on me who tries backing me in. And every time he tried it I would body him up hard. I'd throw my chest into his shoulder whenever he tried leveling me and he'd end up dribbling out of bounds. I just kept getting more and more heated until eventually he tried a layup and I just ripped the ball out of his hands.

Hit my man up with a pass right under the basket but he misses it then the 4 of us all start fighting for the rebound. We maintained possession the whole time but kept missing and eventually my teammate put it in. So it's game point and I haven't even shot the ball once this game.

My teammate drives and kicks it out to me and the fat dude still isn't guarding me tight. I missed my fair share of shots in the first 4 games but I hit a good amount too, so I'm feeling ticked that he's not respecting my J. I step back to 3, he moves in a little and I'm just like whatever and launch it. Now I'm a crap 3 point shooter but my swag was phenomenal (thanks gilbert arenas) and it goes in and I'm like damn. But yeah those dudes should've gotten me pissed earlier. I would've LOCKED THEM IN.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #246
Grafbag
Kids at the park dunk on me

Grafbag has an OK reputation so far

Nothing special, but in a competition match some guy smaller than me was going up for a little shot just outside the key. I jumped up to block him... ended up rejecting that shit out of the court with my forearm. Seemed to really pump everybody up
Grafbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #247
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafbag
Nothing special, but in a competition match some guy smaller than me was going up for a little shot just outside the key. I jumped up to block him... ended up rejecting that shit out of the court with my forearm. Seemed to really pump everybody up

Yeah, a couple weeks ago I was playing pickup, 5 on 5 and our team was getting beaten 11-2. I was pissed because my team never played any transition D. Anytime we miss the other team would turn into the suns and destroy us on the break. I wasn't having any of that though after us scoring a couple we finally miss. The other team is licking their chops and sprint down the floor but I was already onto them. Dude made the outlet pass but he arched it way to high and by the time the guy got the pass and try to lay it up I swatted it and it bounced off his head. I was pumped up but at the same time concerned that I didn't hurt anyone.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #248
Venom
Serious playground baller

Venom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat cool

Did a sloppy version of this in a game today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr0vwEEbTf4

I really want to be able to master that. I can do the AI wrap-around reverse lay-up just fine, but I can't seem to keep a grip on the ball when I try the JI one.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:48 AM   #249
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All my years of watching the Detroit Pistons seems to have subliminally paid off as I've randomly developed a very comfortable feeling in-and-out dribble to between-the-legs shimmy stutter pull up three pointer that I've seen Chauncey Billups pull off 234,532 times over the course of his career. I've not practiced this exact move, it just came together like a puzzle mid-game and it feels fantastic. Another fun wrinkle to my game.

Example (featuring a Chris Andersen bonus dunk): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLyJx062bUs
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #250
Venom
Serious playground baller

Venom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat cool

I don't know why I didn't work on my left as much as my right before, but now that I have, I'm as versatile as I've ever been. I just played a few 1 on 1s, and within the first 5 points, I showed my defender that I can go both right and left, pull up or drive, post up or go under, etc. It's the best feeling to know that your defender is guessing your next move and that in a split second you can change your approach and have him try and adjust.

You all probably knew that, I'm just a late bloomer
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #251
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I had some ridiculous games of 21 at the park with 2 of my homies today. For the past week or two, I have been absolutely on fire from 3 point land. First game I lost 19-21, but after that I won 21-5-4, 21-0-0 and 21-2-0. I barely took the ball inside the 3 point line during my three wins. During one game I literally hit 7 three pointers in a row. I was jacking it up and everything was just going in. Afterward we played a little king of the court and I won a few more games cause of the 3 pointer.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 08-27-2010 at 05:16 AM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #252
ghettoracer
I airball my layups

sat night indoor again.

we played 4 games to 15 and we won 3. in the one that we lost it was 14-14 tied but they were able to score the final point on us.

15 mins left and final game to 21. i was freaking SPOT ON with my passing and penetration. i was involved in pretty much every play. i had 8 assists, several defensive rebounds, 2 assist to my center in the paint, 2 assist to 3 point shots to 2 different shooter, 1 assist to top of the key in a fast break. 3 assist to our smallest guy (he's only like 5'4" haha) he made great cuts around the baseline, i'd dribble, penetrate, jump stop around the free throw line, pivot, pump fake, jump shot fake to get the defense to collapse and dump it off to him it was SWEET, three times to the smallest guy hahahaha. i also had a 2 point lay up thanks to my teammate's dish in a 3-1 fast break. score was now 20-14 then the final shot my teammate passed to me and i had a wide open shot just behind the top of the key. i rattled it in. perfecting ending to a great night of run.

my teammates all were grinning on their face and congratulated me and thanked me for a great night of TEAM FUN. i had zero turn over in the final game.

Last edited by ghettoracer : 09-04-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #253
ghettoracer
I airball my layups

haha damn i'm tooting my own horn again but i had a sick ass cross over in 5 on 5 game today. i'm coming on on the right wing with 2 defender on the perimeter on defense so first i dribble up close to them to see what they're going to do. as they come up to try to trap me i did a under leg pull back (hesitation) cross over from right hand to left then i immediately hard cross right, blew by both defender, did one bounce with right hand and lean hard towards the basket, another defense comes to help but i did a quick release tear drop. as i score and landed the defensive guys scream damn that was ridiculous in Chinese.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #254
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First pre season game of the year.
We won 99-62 in a 4 period of 12 minutes game against a team in a lower division. The 14 players had all playing time and did pretty well.

I wasn't expecting but i started at PG spot, creating a good tempo in the game. Youngest guy starting for both teams.
Played the entire 1st quarter, 6 minutes in the 3rd and 5 minutes in the 4th.

Stats:

8 points
1/3 from 2
2/3 from 3
2 rebounds
8 assists
5 steals
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #255
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
First pre season game of the year.
We won 99-62 in a 4 period of 12 minutes game against a team in a lower division. The 14 players had all playing time and did pretty well.

I wasn't expecting but i started at PG spot, creating a good tempo in the game. Youngest guy starting for both teams.
Played the entire 1st quarter, 6 minutes in the 3rd and 5 minutes in the 4th.

Stats:

8 points
1/3 from 2
2/3 from 3
2 rebounds
8 assists
5 steals

Not bad... your per 36 would be like 12ppg, 3 rpg, 12 apg, and a whopping 7 spg
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: