Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #16
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

No leagues running right now for me.

I played like trash last week, but I was playing at a new spot, against new people... good excuse?

I've got a pickup game on Tuesday, and I plan to bring my A game.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #17
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Im still healing from my tore meniscus and I still have about 2-3 weeks before I start playing with a brace, maybe sooner depending on how I do in rehab. Summer league just started though and I am on two teams. On team S.uper H.eroes I.n T.raining which is in a lower division, we absolutely demolished the other team by about 30 somewhat points, we have a 15 year old whos 6'1" 137 who plays AAU for Pump and Run that just beasted. On my other squad, Return to Sender, which plays on the top division, we lost by 1 in triple OT. That squad is supposed to be stacked but we have 2 guys overseas and 2 that are out of state so I had to fill in the team with some random guys for yesterdays game.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:51 AM   #18
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

played 2 games today up at the park to 15 by 1's and 2's first game i was tired and relied on my teammates and they pulled through i had 2 points and a **** ton of assist, i was just watching. the kids wanted to run it back, my teamates were tired but we agreed but i just took fire scored 15 of our 21 including the game winner fro like 3 feet behind the arc banked it home
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 AM   #19
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
No leagues running right now for me.

I played like trash last week, but I was playing at a new spot, against new people... good excuse?

I've got a pickup game on Tuesday, and I plan to bring my A game.

its all mental! just tell yourself it doesn't matter where you play. you'll be fine.

anyways, drove up north about an hour today with a hs teammate to go to an open gym at a college up there. I dropped the coldest dime. I was at the right wing then beat a dude off the dribble to my left. There was a guy wide open in the corner and another guy sitting on the low block. there was one defender in the lane and he stepped up, i got to about a step in from the free throw line and was looking at the guy in the corner the whole time. i jumped and then just shoveled it off to the guy on the block. like any other time you give a no look pass you gotta just not look at the dude finsh and jog back up the court LOL!
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:51 AM   #20
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopzleague
Checkout LA Hoopz and join America's Favorite Basketball League. We offer game summaries, photos, team stats, All-Star and post game interviews. Los Angeles Hoopz season begins June 7th at the Boys and Girls Club in Venice Beach, California.

Bring ya game!

Live.Love.Play

Dr. Hoopz

How much are ref fees a game? And how much is it to register a team?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:48 AM   #21
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
Weekly Brag #2

Dropped 10-7-3-2-2 last saturday in my final season game for my North Philly League: facaa.multiply.com/

Dropped 9 in my all star game, had 3 nasty layups including a breakaway off an intercepted pass; i did miss my first 5 layups in the AS game... lol.

Team is now 9-2 riding a red hot 8-0 run into the playoffs!

On my local league team those stats would make you a star
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #22
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junny
On my local league team those stats would make you a star

only if it's an asian league or college kids intramurals.
I'm prob one of the tallest SFs in my league @ 6'. PFs are about 6'-6'2'' and the centers top off at about 6'4'' or so. Some teams have giants (idk where they come from).

My NY/Jersey City League I dropped about the same numbers, more pts less rebounds cuz I play a 2 up there. It's also an asian league but i'm just too damn small.

In mixed leagues against bigger players I'm mediocre really. Probably put up a line of 6pt-5rb on avg
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #23
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
its all mental! just tell yourself it doesn't matter where you play. you'll be fine.

anyways, drove up north about an hour today with a hs teammate to go to an open gym at a college up there. I dropped the coldest dime. I was at the right wing then beat a dude off the dribble to my left. There was a guy wide open in the corner and another guy sitting on the low block. there was one defender in the lane and he stepped up, i got to about a step in from the free throw line and was looking at the guy in the corner the whole time. i jumped and then just shoveled it off to the guy on the block. like any other time you give a no look pass you gotta just not look at the dude finsh and jog back up the court LOL!

hahahaha I'll have to try that next time. I'm usually screaming and1 at the finisher and bumping chests if he makes the bucket look as sweet as the pass
Old 05-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #24
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

balled last saturday.. didn't play well, the ground was wet and it rained... drove right baseline and pulled for a fadeaway, pulled a cramp instead.. my calves always cramping up on me.. ugh ahhh
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #25
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

This isn't really a brag, but more of a funny story.

3 weeks ago my team had our first game of the season in the local league. Now in this game, I already had 4 fouls in the first half (yes I have a big problem with fouls). So I was sitting out for a while, and then got back in late in the 3rd quarter. At which point my friend commits his first foul. Then he's told that he's fouled out.

What happened is that the guys who keep the records phucked it up and gave my 4 previous fouls all on him. Now I don't know how the refs do it in America, but in Australia the refs use hand signals to tell the record-keepers the number of the player who commited a foul. I'm number 12 (I think it's a fist and two fingers) and my friend is number 7 (an open palm and two fingers). So either the ref phucked up his signalling or the record-keepers phucked up the interpreting of the hand signals. So, according to the record, I still had no fouls at that point.

So I stayed on the court (for some reason they decided not to change it ) with 4 fouls, but officially I still had zero. There was only a quarter and a bit left with 5 fouls to spare, so I decided fouling wasn't a problem, and kept playing normally. I ended up commiting 3 more fouls until the end of the game.

So, my friend = ejected after 1 foul, and me = played the entire game and committed 7 fouls

Needless to say my friend was fuming.

While I'm on the topic, 1st game = 7 fouls, 2nd game = 4 fouls, 3rd game = 5 fouls (fouled out with 5 seconds left). That puts me at 5.33 fouls per game Probably not a laughing matter though, I really need to improve on this.

Last edited by Junny : 05-05-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:56 AM   #26
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopzleague
LA Hoopz brings the stats, venues, team divisions, commentary and NO REF FEES. Registration per player is $99 flat rate, for the June 7th Tip-off.

Participants can register as a Free Agent or bring their own squad. Teams are broken down using our skill level assessment [rec, intermediate, supreme] divisions.

Check out the FAQ's for complete details or the blog to hear what the Hoopz World is saying today.

Live.Love.Play.

Dr. Hoopz

Ehhh thats alot per person, most leagues are 300-360 at most per team with 30 dollar ref fees per game, or about 570 prepaid which makes it about 57 a person if u get 10 players. Check out superstarbasketball.org they also have a dunk contest and 3 pt contest, and players that play long enough can earn points to eventually be in the hall of fame
Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #27
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junny
This isn't really a brag, but more of a funny story.

3 weeks ago my team had our first game of the season in the local league. Now in this game, I already had 4 fouls in the first half (yes I have a big problem with fouls). So I was sitting out for a while, and then got back in late in the 3rd quarter. At which point my friend commits his first foul. Then he's told that he's fouled out.

What happened is that the guys who keep the records phucked it up and gave my 4 previous fouls all on him. Now I don't know how the refs do it in America, but in Australia the refs use hand signals to tell the record-keepers the number of the player who commited a foul. I'm number 12 (I think it's a fist and two fingers) and my friend is number 7 (an open palm and two fingers). So either the ref phucked up his signalling or the record-keepers phucked up the interpreting of the hand signals. So, according to the record, I still had no fouls at that point.

So I stayed on the court (for some reason they decided not to change it ) with 4 fouls, but officially I still had zero. There was only a quarter and a bit left with 5 fouls to spare, so I decided fouling wasn't a problem, and kept playing normally. I ended up commiting 3 more fouls until the end of the game.

So, my friend = ejected after 1 foul, and me = played the entire game and committed 7 fouls

Needless to say my friend was fuming.

While I'm on the topic, 1st game = 7 fouls, 2nd game = 4 fouls, 3rd game = 5 fouls (fouled out with 5 seconds left). That puts me at 5.33 fouls per game Probably not a laughing matter though, I really need to improve on this.

I think this happened to me once because I clearly remembered having 3 fouls and sitting out early in a game. After the game when I checked the stats I only had 2 fouls for the game, and I remember picking up a 4th early in the 2nd half! I wouldn't have had to sit No one on my team fouled out though. Think I just got lucky/unlucky that day, I'm usually never in danger of fouling out
Old 05-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #28
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Mordecai11 has decent reputation

I had a game today with my regional team vs a school team. We played first half 25 minutes run time and the second half 20 minutes run time. So the other team throws it outta bounds and I look up at the clock (i'm the pg) it showed 7 seconds and running.. no stop. I kept telling the ref to hurry up and put the ball in play. My teammate inbounds the ball to me and I take a dribble and look up at the clock which said 1.4 seconds so I let it fly. The thing had very little arc but it went straight in... no rim. I was about 3 feet inside my own 3 point line.

If I took that shot 20 times I wouldn't have hit it once but there it was.. put us up by 12 going into the half
Mordecai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #29
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Tied the only other good team in our league 75-75. Yes, that's right...a tie. They wouldn't allow us to play OT. I had 12 points, 10 assists. I had to work harder than usual because I was being doubled and played tight all game. Last time we played this team, I had 30 points in the first 24 minutes then didn't score the rest of the game. Our record is now 7-0-1. Cot damn, ties should just not be allowed in basketball.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #30
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Got a rough 1st round exit from the 6th seed team in the post season of my North Philly league. We were up by 5 with 5min to go and they ran a set play for their best shooter twice, who buried 2 3s in the corner. We fought neck and neck till the final minute, having to foul because it was running clock.

I only scored 6 pts but was really efficient (me and our other leading scorer only combined for 8pts, we both avg 9.5ppg) our guards had the hot hands for this one. But I did have many 'birdman' moments, I think i finished with 5-6 blocks and 9 boards. I was so hyped on defense and wasn't really calling for the ball on O because our guards caught fire. Pretty much means nothing though cuz we lost.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
The 7th seed played the 2nd seed before our match. With 54 seconds on the clock the 7th seed was surprisingly only down 1. One of their players was dribbling the ball at the top of the key literally for about 40 seconds.. like WTF ARE U DOING U NEED A BUCKET. Then he calls timeout and the refs stop the game, then check the tables and see that THEY HAVE NO MORE TIME OUTS. He gets a TECH F for it and the other team shoots a freethrows and gets the ball. GAME OVER.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: