Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #361
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Had the last game of the season for a rec league im in @ UCSF. We have a good squad, but the problem with our team was we never knew who would show up on any given night (literally) we only had 4 guys for our last game and we wern't about to not play, so we said fxck it and ran with 4. The other team had about 9 guys give or take.

The game started out alright, we played a box zone and did alright, the other team stayed pretty patient and would swing the ball until someone was open. it usually ended up being a corner 3. we went into half down 8. We made a huge halftime adjustment, switched up from a 2-2 zone to a 1-3 basically. we had one guys guard everything from free throw line extended, then each corner guy would pick up the ball when its in their corner, and then have to drop in help when on the weak side. This D really confused the other team and we came out on fire in the second half. Hit like 4 straight 3 and got some stops, had about a 5 point lead with 10 min left in the 2nd half.

By this time we were pretty fired up because we only had 4 guys yet we were right there with this team, things started to get testy, and our team got called for a couple of techs. In the stretch though the other team hit some big (wide open) shots and won the game. but they only beat us by 5, 81-76. if we had one more person i am pretty confident we would have smacked this team by at least 20.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:10 AM   #362
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far

Played a pick up game couple days ago couple 5v5 then some 3v3. Did great first game was 3-3 form 3pt along with some mid range jumpers. also got a couple steals. Need to work on transition finishing

3v3 were just ridiculous they were good players but i was going off needless to say
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #363
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Playing in a rec league in LA. Just had a game the other day without our best PG. I went 0-3 first half with 2 pts off of FTs, turned it up the second half started getting into JR Smith mode and finished the game with 16 pts in a win.

dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #364
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I completed my first in-game, off-the-backboard, one-hand dunk last week (from a teammate pass, not my own). I'm not really someone that runs around town telling all my family and friends about something lame like that, but I felt I had to tell someone, somewhere, so it seems a brag thread was a good spot.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #365
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

mobbdeep has an OK reputation so far

I made the first 4 jumpers from top of key NCAA 3 point line to start the run but then my teammates freeze me out because they need to shoot too I guess so I ended up going 5-6 for the game and we lost. serves them right for wanting to shoot instead of trying to win the game!

In another run, I didn't shoot the whole game and just play D and pass and get assists until it was game point and then I took a half court Jumper and swished it for the win and everyone goes crazy lol.

I'm the king of half court jumpers but not everyone at the gym knows that lol.
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #366
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

Just want to brag a lil...

But got my first IN GAME DUNK

I've never been an in game dunker only practice dunker. But anyways.I had the ball and i was dribbling it to half court. Some1 set me a high screen. and i took off and i noticed nobody was stepping up in the lane at all. And i was thinking "Im gonna try this" took my two steps and jammed it.

Lets me know my workouts are paying off finally. Because im getting stronger and more confident driving the lane and finishing. Anyways that's all peace!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #367
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I completed my first in-game, off-the-backboard, one-hand dunk last week (from a teammate pass, not my own). I'm not really someone that runs around town telling all my family and friends about something lame like that, but I felt I had to tell someone, somewhere, so it seems a brag thread was a good spot.

Sounds insane. Congrats!! Im so envy and must say that the thing that it was in-game makes it amazing.

Once again - congratulations.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #368
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_lake2802

I've never been an in game dunker only practice dunker. But anyways.I had the ball and i was dribbling it to half court. Some1 set me a high screen. and i took off and i noticed nobody was stepping up in the lane at all. And i was thinking "Im gonna try this" took my two steps and jammed it.

Lets me know my workouts are paying off finally. Because im getting stronger and more confident driving the lane and finishing. Anyways that's all peace!

Nice, not the boring one with the basket fast break dunk! Must fell awesome.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #369
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Nicely done. One-hander?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #370
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

Quote:
Nicely done. One-hander?

Yea one handed Left hand to be exact. I actually get up higher with two feet and its easier, But its more natural in game for me to go off of one foot.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #371
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Yea one handed Left hand to be exact. I actually get up higher with two feet and its easier, But its more natural in game for me to go off of one foot.
Once again, nicely done. Can I ask age and height?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #372
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

Quote:
Once again, nicely done. Can I ask age and height?

23 yrs. 5'11 160
Old 08-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #373
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Swatted a guy 4 inches taller than me twice. Dude has pretty good handles for his size(6'3). First time he was coming down on the fastbreak, spun of my teammate and tried to finger roll it, but I came out of nowhere and trapped it against the backboard. Second time, he was posting me up which was a mismatch but instead of going straight up he did this weird up&under move and i just slapped it out of his hands as he was going up.

Feels pretty good, he was one of the best players at my middle school and now we're going to different high schools.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #374
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

blocking use to be so fun when it was rare. now its just another day at the park
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #375
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDTrey5
blocking use to be so fun when it was rare. now its just another day at the park
Hm, to each their own. Sure, getting a piece of a shot, or coming from the weakside for a normal rejection can get lost in the shuffle. But chasing someone down and pinning their layup on the backboard, or sending their shot into the parking lot, or off the gym wall. . . that never gets old for me. It's one step down from dunking in terms of my favorite things to do on the basketball court.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: