Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #376
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Hm, to each their own. Sure, getting a piece of a shot, or coming from the weakside for a normal rejection can get lost in the shuffle. But chasing someone down and pinning their layup on the backboard, or sending their shot into the parking lot, or off the gym wall. . . that never gets old for me. It's one step down from dunking in terms of my favorite things to do on the basketball court.
pinning >
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #377
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Where Automajic23? I am planning to recruit this guy on my team.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #378
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't really have anything to brag about recently (aside from spraining my ankle twice in 37 days) but this seemed like it'd be a good bump.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #379
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I don't really have anything to brag about recently (aside from spraining my ankle twice in 37 days) but this seemed like it'd be a good bump.

happened to me recently after not spraining my ankle for close to 3 years.

first time I didn't really take care of it. played on it and a week later sprained it the exact same way and it was way worse.

Iced it from the second I got hurt, wrapped it up tight, on and off every hour while keep it elevated and compressed the whole time. Did that all night and the next day. Was good to go after a few days. Really took for granted the whole recovery aspect of the game until recently.

Since then I've been balling pretty well, my ankle felt way better than it did before my second sprain.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #380
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
happened to me recently after not spraining my ankle for close to 3 years.

first time I didn't really take care of it. played on it and a week later sprained it the exact same way and it was way worse.

Iced it from the second I got hurt, wrapped it up tight, on and off every hour while keep it elevated and compressed the whole time. Did that all night and the next day. Was good to go after a few days. Really took for granted the whole recovery aspect of the game until recently.

Since then I've been balling pretty well, my ankle felt way better than it did before my second sprain.
Here's hoping I take the same path on the second time around. I thought I did everything right the first time. I waited until I was pain free then I waited a bit more, all the while re-strengthening throughout the process. Took about four consecutive weeks off, yet it only took one week on to re-injure.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #381
mugiwara
High School Starter

mugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected poster

look after your injuries fellas, three knee surgeries right here.
mugiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #382
CeltsGarlic
Dos Santos

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I went to play in some more ghetto part in long island and basically we were the only two white guys me and my friend and while I was meh for most of the game when I dunked on a fastbreak all went quite nuts. Im 6ft so not tall, but took off from quite far and this guy was running parallel to me so it was a scene... For most of the game I was making the right cuts some 3s and bellow average D, like your average white guy should do . It was 5x5 FC.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #383
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I haven't play basketball in almost 2 months. I am planning to buy a new basketball this weekend.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #384
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I played a perfect game of 21 today. Although I noobed it up a little bit the.next game of 21 when I lost count how many times he shot his freethrows in a row. I ran up and blocked his free shot attempt.
clipps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #385
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugiwara
Yeesh. Questions: Same knee? Same injury? What ages did they occur? How? Preventable?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #386
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

damn. what exactly did you do?
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #387
mugiwara
High School Starter

mugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Yeesh. Questions: Same knee? Same injury? What ages did they occur? How? Preventable?

First knee injury happened on my left leg, i tore the meniscus at a music festival lifting a girl up on my shoulders. Dizee rascals bonkers (it was the flavour of the month) started playing so the crowd surged forward as i was crouched about to lift. I felt as though i we would get trampled so i shot up into the crowd and felt a pain in my knee. Stood there for a moment and told her to get down, then limped home. I hate dizzee rascal...

I went on playing ball three weeks later with no issues except that every now and then my knee would get locked at a 45 degree angle, this was the meniscus getting caught in-between the knee joint. I would just hit my knee and straighten it through force, this happened irregularly for about 6 months until eventually i couldn't get it free and got surgery. They stitched the meniscus back together. Got back to playing, didn't rehab as well as i could have but got back to my regular athleticism.

Then one day playing ball i jumped up for a rebound and came down with my leg locked again. Got surgery and had part of the meniscus removed, this was probably about a year since i was fully recovered from the previous injury. eventually got back to normal, could even jump higher, was close (at least i felt) to dunking.

This all happened when i was 19 and my left leg (dominant jumping leg) has been fine since i was around 21. The re- tear could have been prevented with better rehabbing, i didn't go to a gym or run regularly, i got fit by playing ball because it was the only time i felt i could truly run. This is very foolish on my part.

I am now currently recovering from ACL tear to my right knee which happened when i was attempting a chase down block, i was knocked off balance in the air and landed awkwardly. I am about four months post op and doing well, jogging and at the gym daily. Unfortunately I'm suffering from a bit of pain in my left knee from over compensation. This ACL tear likely would be preventable if i trained at all, i played three times a week for social teams and pickup at the very least once a week. No running, conditioning or gym work. I wanna keep playing so, I'm now jogging, strengthening at the gym and working on flexibility.

heres to a speedy recovery
mugiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #388
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
First knee injury happened on my left leg, i tore the meniscus at a music festival lifting a girl up on my shoulders. Dizee rascals bonkers (it was the flavour of the month) started playing so the crowd surged forward as i was crouched about to lift. I felt as though i we would get trampled so i shot up into the crowd and felt a pain in my knee. Stood there for a moment and told her to get down, then limped home. I hate dizzee rascal...

I went on playing ball three weeks later with no issues except that every now and then my knee would get locked at a 45 degree angle, this was the meniscus getting caught in-between the knee joint. I would just hit my knee and straighten it through force, this happened irregularly for about 6 months until eventually i couldn't get it free and got surgery. They stitched the meniscus back together. Got back to playing, didn't rehab as well as i could have but got back to my regular athleticism.

Then one day playing ball i jumped up for a rebound and came down with my leg locked again. Got surgery and had part of the meniscus removed, this was probably about a year since i was fully recovered from the previous injury. eventually got back to normal, could even jump higher, was close (at least i felt) to dunking.

This all happened when i was 19 and my left leg (dominant jumping leg) has been fine since i was around 21. The re- tear could have been prevented with better rehabbing, i didn't go to a gym or run regularly, i got fit by playing ball because it was the only time i felt i could truly run. This is very foolish on my part.

I am now currently recovering from ACL tear to my right knee which happened when i was attempting a chase down block, i was knocked off balance in the air and landed awkwardly. I am about four months post op and doing well, jogging and at the gym daily. Unfortunately I'm suffering from a bit of pain in my left knee from over compensation. This ACL tear likely would be preventable if i trained at all, i played three times a week for social teams and pickup at the very least once a week. No running, conditioning or gym work. I wanna keep playing so, I'm now jogging, strengthening at the gym and working on flexibility.

heres to a speedy recovery
Dang, man. That's a lot to go through at a relatively young age. I haven't had any real knee injuries yet aside from a sprain ten years ago, but I feel like it's just a matter of time. Good luck with the rest of your recovery.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #389
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

I misses the basketball court. It's still the raining season here. We pay $6 per hour if we play inside the gym.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #390
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has no real reputation yet.

I play in a couple leagues locally. Comp is decent...nothing worth bragging about..mostly a bunch of young, smaller, quick guys that can shoot light out threes so I do most of my damage down low being one of the taller guys at 6'2". Had a good game last week...18pts and probably something like 14-15 rebounds (they don't track rebounds in this particular league, but they do in my other one). Hit some tough shots including an and1 late in the 4th of a close game on a post move when I spun baseline and ended up on the other side of the rim. Made the free throw to put us up by 3 and other team had to foul and we never looked back.

The game before that I had a solid 12 pts and 13 rebounds...but I also hit 2 free throws on an intentional foul with 7 seconds left that put us up by three. Forced the other team to have to shoot a three to tie and they ended up jacking up an airball.

I'm probably the oldest guy in the league at 39 but man, I keep looking over at the 35 and over leagues and those guys look like they're in their 60s...so I guess as long as I can still hang with the young guys. Getting tougher and tougher though. I can always put up a good first half...but it's that second half that has me gassed and legs feeling like I tied weights to them.

Last edited by KungFuJoe : 08-20-2013 at 02:01 AM.
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: