Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #31
Automajic23
Playground Legend
 
Automajic23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,268
Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Tied the only other good team in our league 75-75. Yes, that's right...a tie. They wouldn't allow us to play OT. I had 12 points, 10 assists. I had to work harder than usual because I was being doubled and played tight all game. Last time we played this team, I had 30 points in the first 24 minutes then didn't score the rest of the game. Our record is now 7-0-1. Cot damn, ties should just not be allowed in basketball.

what in the world league is this?!
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #32
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09
 
phoenix18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 15,669
phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Tied the only other good team in our league 75-75. Yes, that's right...a tie. They wouldn't allow us to play OT. I had 12 points, 10 assists. I had to work harder than usual because I was being doubled and played tight all game. Last time we played this team, I had 30 points in the first 24 minutes then didn't score the rest of the game. Our record is now 7-0-1. Cot damn, ties should just not be allowed in basketball.
Really?? If you even say the word "tie" in some places there will be a lot of pissed people.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #33
1manfastbreak
just win
 
1manfastbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 707 - 415
Posts: 3,512
1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

[quote=Automajic23]Got a rough 1st round exit from the 6th seed team in the post season of my North Philly league. We were up by 5 with 5min to go and they ran a set play for their best shooter twice, who buried 2 3s in the corner. We fought neck and neck till the final minute, having to foul because it was running clock.

I only scored 6 pts but was really efficient (me and our other leading scorer only combined for 8pts, we both avg 9.5ppg) our guards had the hot hands for this one. But I did have many 'birdman' moments, I think i finished with 5-6 blocks and 9 boards. I was so hyped on defense and wasn't really calling for the ball on O because our guards caught fire. Pretty much means nothing though cuz we lost.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
The 7th seed played the 2nd seed before our match. With 54 seconds on the clock the 7th seed was surprisingly only down 1. One of their players was dribbling the ball at the top of the key literally for about 40 seconds.. like WTF ARE U DOING U NEED A BUCKET. Then he calls timeout and the refs stop the game, then check the tables and see that THEY HAVE NO MORE TIME OUTS. He gets a TECH F for it and the other team shoots a freethrows and gets the ball. GAME OVER. [/
QUOTE]



how long are your games? 2 20 minute halfs?

i almost dunked on 2 dudes last time i played. It was last thursday, i was in the corner, and my friend is dribbling at the high wing. He beats his guy off the dribble and my guy goes to help. He gets to about the elbow then sees that im WIDE open. he kicks me the ball then i took one dribble baseline. There was a guy on the other side of the key when i first began my dribble and i could see him running over, and out of the corner of my eye i could see the guy that was originally gaurding me comming back down. So im thinkin if anything that the guy comming from the weak side is going to try and jump with me and is going to get some nuts on his forehead. Well, i took my dribble and jumped off one foot, went up with 2 hands, and the guy from the elbow hacks the **** out of me, along with the guy from the weakside gettin his licks in. i didn't get the dunk down, they called the foul, and that was it. I hit my hand on the rim pretty hard and there was a couple of chunks of skin missin from my wrist and i was bleeding from my kunckles and a finger. lol
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #34
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09
 
phoenix18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 15,669
phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

What happened to just taking the jumper?
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #35
Automajic23
Playground Legend
 
Automajic23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,268
Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)



Quote:
how long are your games? 2 20 minute halfs?
i almost dunked on 2 dudes last time i played. It was last thursday, i was in the corner, and my friend is dribbling at the high wing. He beats his guy off the dribble and my guy goes to help. He gets to about the elbow then sees that im WIDE open. he kicks me the ball then i took one dribble baseline. There was a guy on the other side of the key when i first began my dribble and i could see him running over, and out of the corner of my eye i could see the guy that was originally gaurding me comming back down. So im thinkin if anything that the guy comming from the weak side is going to try and jump with me and is going to get some nuts on his forehead. Well, i took my dribble and jumped off one foot, went up with 2 hands, and the guy from the elbow hacks the **** out of me, along with the guy from the weakside gettin his licks in. i didn't get the dunk down, they called the foul, and that was it. I hit my hand on the rim pretty hard and there was a couple of chunks of skin missin from my wrist and i was bleeding from my kunckles and a finger. lol

OW OW OW
Yes 2 20 minute halves and they stop clock @ 2min in the 2nd half.
Ive never lost skin trying to dunk a ball, although when I finally started getting my ups, I developed these black blisters on my fingers, and one of them exploded on the rim one day. Had to get the rim cleaned up lol, my skin toughened up though
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #36
1manfastbreak
just win
 
1manfastbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 707 - 415
Posts: 3,512
1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23




OW OW OW
Yes 2 20 minute halves and they stop clock @ 2min in the 2nd half.
Ive never lost skin trying to dunk a ball, although when I finally started getting my ups, I developed these black blisters on my fingers, and one of them exploded on the rim one day. Had to get the rim cleaned up lol, my skin toughened up though

yea that **** sucks. i've never had blisters though, that seems rough.

got some good run in today, ****ed up my pinky though. i was guarding this guy on a fast break, i picked him up about halfway between halfcourt and the top of the 3 point line. he did like 4 of these gay ass in and out dribbles in a row but i didn't bite at all, he started to get out of control and extended his arm and hit my chest. i feel back kinda wierd and when i got up my i couldn't feel my pinky LOL. i got feeling back in it like 10 minutes later. i think i ****ed it up becuase the distance between my ring and pinky on that hand is about twice as it is on the other hand.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:27 AM   #37
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 20,810
bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

I played like shyt again this week. I've been playing really bad the last two weeks, and it's frustrating. I'm just not playing with any confidence. I'm honestly playing at about 50% of my capability the past two weeks and it's pissing me off.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:57 AM   #38
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski
 
dab0yech0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Latina Lovers CEO
Posts: 4,247
dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

I have been sitting out a month with knee injuries and today was my second day back, I felt alot slower but my handles and court vision were still there. Jumper was off as I only took 2 of them and made 1, scored on a bunch of drives to the basket with my left. My iq is still there, just gotta keep running and I should be my old self in a month.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #39
Automajic23
Playground Legend
 
Automajic23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,268
Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Been playing center court @ Drexel a lot this week, so instead of the usual scrubs I can do whatever I want on, I was running with bigger more athletic kids which made my athleticism and strength look pretty mediocre. Anyway, couldn't beat everyone with the ball in my hands, everyone plays really good team ball/defense here so I was killing it moving without the ball. had some sweet curls = pull ups from the baseline and the elbow, got a few nice hits down low on dives, game tying 3 pter (we play 1s n 2s), and then pulled up @ the freethrow line for the game winner.

Been playing so well since last summer (won playoffs and finals mvp in the league) and I really want to improve my agility and strength so I can be unguardable at my level of play, but ever since the playoff upset over the weekend I've been having trouble finding the motivation.

Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #40
1manfastbreak
just win
 
1manfastbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 707 - 415
Posts: 3,512
1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
I have been sitting out a month with knee injuries and today was my second day back, I felt alot slower but my handles and court vision were still there. Jumper was off as I only took 2 of them and made 1, scored on a bunch of drives to the basket with my left. My iq is still there, just gotta keep running and I should be my old self in a month.

how would you know if your jumper is off if you only took 2 shots?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #41
Steezygotups
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 32
Steezygotups has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

alright, just got back from the gym me n my friend were runnin some drills, two kids walk in first thing they say "yo you wanna play some two's" so i say sure. i open up the game with two threes and mid range from the elbow 5-0. one of the kids gets a little angry and i tell him "its alright bro" the game goes on and i end up scoring all our points up to 11, all jumpers keep in mind. this kid does not take it well and starts talkin ****(for some reason, right after i just torched them)sayin how his cousin is "soo much better than me" saying "you cant stop me"..dont know how that one makes any sense. and as im about to leave hes still blabbin, shoots a little J from the free throw line and yells at me "NOW THATS HOW YOU SHOOT A JUMPER!" hahahah, man i just thought it was hilarious how this kid was actin, annoyed the **** outta me, unwritten rule, cant talk **** if you get tooorrccheed brooo. haha
Steezygotups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #42
Automajic23
Playground Legend
 
Automajic23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,268
Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezygotups
alright, just got back from the gym me n my friend were runnin some drills, two kids walk in first thing they say "yo you wanna play some two's" so i say sure. i open up the game with two threes and mid range from the elbow 5-0. one of the kids gets a little angry and i tell him "its alright bro" the game goes on and i end up scoring all our points up to 11, all jumpers keep in mind. this kid does not take it well and starts talkin ****(for some reason, right after i just torched them)sayin how his cousin is "soo much better than me" saying "you cant stop me"..dont know how that one makes any sense. and as im about to leave hes still blabbin, shoots a little J from the free throw line and yells at me "NOW THATS HOW YOU SHOOT A JUMPER!" hahahah, man i just thought it was hilarious how this kid was actin, annoyed the **** outta me, unwritten rule, cant talk **** if you get tooorrccheed brooo. haha

lollllll so wait how old are u and how old were the kids, buncha punks! lollll
yeah idk how people can talk trash when they gettin burned
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #43
1manfastbreak
just win
 
1manfastbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 707 - 415
Posts: 3,512
1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezygotups
alright, just got back from the gym me n my friend were runnin some drills, two kids walk in first thing they say "yo you wanna play some two's" so i say sure. i open up the game with two threes and mid range from the elbow 5-0. one of the kids gets a little angry and i tell him "its alright bro" the game goes on and i end up scoring all our points up to 11, all jumpers keep in mind. this kid does not take it well and starts talkin ****(for some reason, right after i just torched them)sayin how his cousin is "soo much better than me" saying "you cant stop me"..dont know how that one makes any sense. and as im about to leave hes still blabbin, shoots a little J from the free throw line and yells at me "NOW THATS HOW YOU SHOOT A JUMPER!" hahahah, man i just thought it was hilarious how this kid was actin, annoyed the **** outta me, unwritten rule, cant talk **** if you get tooorrccheed brooo. haha

thats all the average person can do. your game should speak for itself. you shoulda asked if they wanted to play again and rain on them some more.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #44
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski
 
dab0yech0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Latina Lovers CEO
Posts: 4,247
dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
how would you know if your jumper is off if you only took 2 shots?

You know when your form isn't the same as it used to be and when the ball doesnt come off your finger tips with the same rotation it once did. I usually hit almost anything when Im open and when I miss its either short or long to the back of the rim, this time when I missed the ball went too much to the right and the ball had a sidespin. You can usually tell your gonna be bad if you hit less than 50% of your shots shooting around before u play
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #45
Steezygotups
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 32
Steezygotups has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
lollllll so wait how old are u and how old were the kids, buncha punks! lollll
yeah idk how people can talk trash when they gettin burned

im 21 and the kids were probably my age if not a year difference either way.


To: 1MANFASTBREAK

yeah i should have and i thought of challenging that kid to just play 1 on 1, but he was just annoying the **** outta me, had to get outta there. haha. i'll see him again probably.
Steezygotups is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy