Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #46
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
You know when your form isn't the same as it used to be and when the ball doesnt come off your finger tips with the same rotation it once did. I usually hit almost anything when Im open and when I miss its either short or long to the back of the rim, this time when I missed the ball went too much to the right and the ball had a sidespin. You can usually tell your gonna be bad if you hit less than 50% of your shots shooting around before u play

yea i know what your sayin..but if your a true shooter and your not hittin..you better keep shootin until you start hittin. shooters mentality
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:01 AM   #47
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Had some good games on Thursday. Played 5 games and won them all. There were about 20 guys there, so I saw a good variety of matchups. My post game was on, and I even shot well from midrange, even though that's not my game. If I'm facin up (after a high post) and hittin midrange J's, I feel unstoppable (obviously I'm not hah).

My rebounding wasn't as good as it usually is, but I was gettin tired after the 3rd game, and was really concentrating on my offensive game since it was flowing. I usually go strong for boards, and help on defense a lot instead of trying to force shots.

Our last game I scored 11 out of 13 of our points (1's and 2's), which is really out of character for me... but I was due after two weeks of poor play.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #48
Shoo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezygotups
alright, just got back from the gym me n my friend were runnin some drills, two kids walk in first thing they say "yo you wanna play some two's" so i say sure. i open up the game with two threes and mid range from the elbow 5-0. one of the kids gets a little angry and i tell him "its alright bro" the game goes on and i end up scoring all our points up to 11, all jumpers keep in mind. this kid does not take it well and starts talkin ****(for some reason, right after i just torched them)sayin how his cousin is "soo much better than me" saying "you cant stop me"..dont know how that one makes any sense. and as im about to leave hes still blabbin, shoots a little J from the free throw line and yells at me "NOW THATS HOW YOU SHOOT A JUMPER!" hahahah, man i just thought it was hilarious how this kid was actin, annoyed the **** outta me, unwritten rule, cant talk **** if you get tooorrccheed brooo. haha

That sounds like all my friends whenever we lose to people we don't know. They'll start saying stuff like "They're not even that good!" or "They're so lucky!" Meanwhile, I'm thinking to myself, "What the hell, we lost."
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:04 AM   #49
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

WOOOO finally got to make my league debut after sitting out the first weeks action.

On team Return to Sender which is my team in Silver Division (highest division) I played about 5 minutes and my knee wasn't feeling well, I couldn't get much lift or elevation when I was jumping so I sat out the rest of the game.

So I go home, eat, shower, chill for a bit and then at 5PM I had a game with Team Super Heroes In Training which is my squad in a lower division, we lost by 3 on a lucky halfcourt heave at the buzzer. I went 4 of 6 this game for 12 pts, including a 4 pt play and 3 of 4 from 3pt land. I felt slow but my knee was feeling better this game because I warmed it up properly this time. This is my 2nd week of playing basketball since my knee injury and I am at about 60% of my playing shape I can't wait to get back to 100%
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:42 AM   #50
Junny
I air my balls

I committed 7 fouls in one game, yet again, thanks to the stat-recording-guys phucking up, yet again. Even funnier thing is, this time I actually fouled out within the regulation time (so 7 fouls in less than 40 minutes, probably about 35)
We won the game though, so it's all good

Ah, me and my fouls.....

Last edited by Junny : 05-19-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #51
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junny
I committed 7 fouls in one game, yet again, thanks to the stat-recording-guys phucking up, yet again. Even funnier thing is, this time I actually fouled out within the regulation time (so 7 fouls in less than 40 minutes, probably about 35)

Ah, me and my fouls.....

Must be some key fouls if they win you games.

Daily brag:
Lifted chest/arms/shoulders and was about to start my 3rd plyo workout when I got stopped by some guys who wanted to run on center court. So I started warming up and it was pretty funny, airballing 10footers and bricking layups. Well the open gym studs were running today, no one that i haven't seen. Managed to get 2 nice layups off of diving to the rim, picked a pass from the other teams wing and breaked for a give n go layup, and pulled a nice 15 footer off a long rebound. Too bad we lost 12-11
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #52
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
Must be some key fouls if they win you games.

Daily brag:
Lifted chest/arms/shoulders and was about to start my 3rd plyo workout when I got stopped by some guys who wanted to run on center court. So I started warming up and it was pretty funny, airballing 10footers and bricking layups. Well the open gym studs were running today, no one that i haven't seen. Managed to get 2 nice layups off of diving to the rim, picked a pass from the other teams wing and breaked for a give n go layup, and pulled a nice 15 footer off a long rebound. Too bad we lost 12-11
You know whats fuuny, most of the time I brick layups and jumpshots before a game but when the game starts, I be ballin like AI!
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #53
Steezygotups
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
picked a pass from the other teams wing and breaked for a give n go layup

i swear, where i play nobody know how to give n go on a fast break. its ridiculous. i'll be running the break with a guy and they always wait until the last second to try to hit me with a pass for a layup and i end up passing it back too late when they should have passed it to me earlier so i could give it back to them on time. or they'll throw me an oop and i have to pass it back in mid-air. (which is actually sweet so i dont mind that). or if i have the ball i'll pass it and they end up taking some bad shot. haha
Steezygotups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #54
Kiarip
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junny

Ah, me and my fouls.....

that's clutch
Kiarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:30 AM   #55
halffttime
shorty doowop

played 4 on 4 today and absolutely killed it.. i told my point guard to pass me the ball right away when the ball was checked and i buried it 5 times in a row from way beyond the arc at one point.. dude didn't bother stepping up to me cause i was a good 3-5 feet away from the 3 pt line, college court of course.. i will try to get a video up of me lighting it up from the downtown by next week..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:28 AM   #56
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

My team in lower division (rec league competition) lost at the buzzer to this play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_l_-Vc_mE

Ugh we should be 2-0 right now instead we are 1-1. We were messing around and trying alleyoops and did a bunch of stupid no look passes and let the other team catch up. This was a wake up call though.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #57
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezygotups
i swear, where i play nobody know how to give n go on a fast break. its ridiculous. i'll be running the break with a guy and they always wait until the last second to try to hit me with a pass for a layup and i end up passing it back too late when they should have passed it to me earlier so i could give it back to them on time. or they'll throw me an oop and i have to pass it back in mid-air. (which is actually sweet so i dont mind that). or if i have the ball i'll pass it and they end up taking some bad shot. haha

IDK what's so hard about it. Really you should expect THIS: If you are running the ball down the court, unless you are one of the better handlers/finishers with a little speed on the team then you are running the floor with the ball in vein. IMO the guy running the floor should be attacking the basket in looks to draw any chasing defenders to them in order to hit a trailer with a nice pass. I started playing last night @ the gym without my guards because they're gone for summer vacation, and bigger guys I play with don't get this. Usually I'm the one giving the ball up off the long rebound and steaming to the hoop for the oop, which is what these other guys I play with should be doing. Instead their clumsy asses are breaking with the ball and are trying to hit me with a pass = turnover... COME ON BIG PEOPLE DO YOUR JOB. Everyone wants to score right? Why not just get down the court around the rim, and let the guy who can see the floor do the rest...
Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #58
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
My team in lower division (rec league competition) lost at the buzzer to this play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_l_-Vc_mE

Ugh we should be 2-0 right now instead we are 1-1. We were messing around and trying alleyoops and did a bunch of stupid no look passes and let the other team catch up. This was a wake up call though.

gonna watch this when i get home... I want footage of myself/team really really bad so I can see how good/bad my footwork/defense is
Old 05-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #59
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
gonna watch this when i get home... I want footage of myself/team really really bad so I can see how good/bad my footwork/defense is
I'll start bringing my camera and making my gf record my upper division games as well as lower division. Right now UCLAlegend32's gf is the camera person and she sucks, most of the footage we got was of people's shoes Out of the 2 20 minute halves we had decent footage of like 4 possessions My games are Sundays so I will likely post something next Monday.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #60
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
I'll start bringing my camera and making my gf record my upper division games as well as lower division. Right now UCLAlegend32's gf is the camera person and she sucks, most of the footage we got was of people's shoes Out of the 2 20 minute halves we had decent footage of like 4 possessions My games are Sundays so I will likely post something next Monday.

lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: