Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-01-2009, 03:20 AM   #61
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

UCLALegend32 overslept so we had no cameraman today, I also brought my camera unfortunately I forgot the most important thing which was batteries. Anyways on my Return to Sender squad, we beat the other team by 20 something pts. I had 6 pts and 3 assists on 2 of 5 shooting, we had excellent ball movement. Our squad was at full strength this time, Ruben Boykin, David Day and Rico Tucker played (former d1 guys) and it was a close game first half but we ran away with it the second half when we started playing tight defense. We adjusted because the other team only had 1 pg who could handle the ball and once we figured that out, we trapped him and we forced the other guys to bring the ball up the court, once that happened, it was a steal and dunk fest for my team. I didn't get a chance to look at the score sheet but I'll post it when I get a chance to look at it/
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #62
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
UCLALegend32 overslept so we had no cameraman today, I also brought my camera unfortunately I forgot the most important thing which was batteries. Anyways on my Return to Sender squad, we beat the other team by 20 something pts. I had 6 pts and 3 assists on 2 of 5 shooting, we had excellent ball movement. Our squad was at full strength this time, Ruben Boykin, David Day and Rico Tucker played (former d1 guys) and it was a close game first half but we ran away with it the second half when we started playing tight defense. We adjusted because the other team only had 1 pg who could handle the ball and once we figured that out, we trapped him and we forced the other guys to bring the ball up the court, once that happened, it was a steal and dunk fest for my team. I didn't get a chance to look at the score sheet but I'll post it when I get a chance to look at it/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6O1gxQ9RBk

^ short little mix of my hs team, we were pretty legit.
our big dude had 21 pts, 17 rbs and 12 blks in this game.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #63
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak

Is the big dude getting recruited?
btw, #14 is pretty good too.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #64
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
Is the big dude getting recruited?
btw, #14 is pretty good too.

yea hes got a full ride to UC Santa Barbra.
yea that was one of his better games, i think he had 24 that game. ill have to find the video of when he dropped 37.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #65
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

Quote:

Something my team doesn't have A bunch of trigger-happy kunts. I'm not supposed to be a distributor, but it's only me and this other guy that does it, cause otherwise our offence would (and it probably already does) just rage out of control
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:19 AM   #66
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak

What division is your team? And how did you guys do in playoffs?

BTW heres a few highlight reels of players on my team:

David Day is my center and if you watch closely he scores quite a bit on a tall skinny guy named Keith Closs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5T6xiEOUkI

Ruben Boykin #10 is our PF:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLISNfwqds

Rico Tucker is our PG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEnI7BR_GYU

This Sunday for sure I will get someone to come out and tape the whole game.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:45 AM   #67
1manfastbreak
just win

Quote:
What division is your team? And how did you guys do in playoffs?

BTW heres a few highlight reels of players on my team:

David Day is my center and if you watch closely he scores quite a bit on a tall skinny guy named Keith Closs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5T6xiEOUkI

Ruben Boykin #10 is our PF:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLISNfwqds

Rico Tucker is our PG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEnI7BR_GYU

This Sunday for sure I will get someone to come out and tape the whole game.

thats pretty tight. the dude who played over seas is pretty bouncy.

that was my high school team. we're D-III. Playoffs were disapointing. In our league playoffs, we beat the 7th ranked team in the state, who were 27-0 at the time, that was tight. We got the 3rd or 4th seed in sections, i dont remember, which is home court and a first round bye. We won the 2nd round game easily, and then we slipped up against this bunk ass school in the semis. it was hard to swallow becuase if we would of won that game, we would of played a team we have already beaten twice that year in the section championship game, and would of gotten an automatic birth in NorCals.
We had a legit shot to go to state, we played Salesian from Richmond, who was the California D-IV state champs, and we had them down 16 late in the 3rd but gave it up late. our team could play with anyone.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #68
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far

Yesterday I was guarding some 6-7 dude, i'm 6'1 and he had INCHES on me. He was'nt just a big body either dude was skilled. I think I played Damn good D he only dunked once in two gamews and it was on a fast break. I hacked him a few times when he got low position but It was great game because I was working harder on the defensive end then on the offenseive end which is unheard of for me. I blocked him a couple times but he tossed my Shh a couple times and he was'nt guarding me. I had a Woman on me!!! She was playing DIRTY she was hacking and one time when i beat her off the driblle she straight Flagrent 2'd me. I told her I understand you have to play aggressive but she was holding my arms on entry passes when i was posting and pushing from behind all sorts of stuff that never happens to me on the court. I felt like she was Dahantay Jones sister.
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #69
1manfastbreak
just win

Quote:
Originally Posted by eprizzle14
Yesterday I was guarding some 6-7 dude, i'm 6'1 and he had INCHES on me. He was'nt just a big body either dude was skilled. I think I played Damn good D he only dunked once in two gamews and it was on a fast break. I hacked him a few times when he got low position but It was great game because I was working harder on the defensive end then on the offenseive end which is unheard of for me. I blocked him a couple times but he tossed my Shh a couple times and he was'nt guarding me. I had a Woman on me!!! She was playing DIRTY she was hacking and one time when i beat her off the driblle she straight Flagrent 2'd me. I told her I understand you have to play aggressive but she was holding my arms on entry passes when i was posting and pushing from behind all sorts of stuff that never happens to me on the court. I felt like she was Dahantay Jones sister.

you should of just gave her a clean bow to her grill. she would of gotten the point. if a girl is going to play with the guys, then she can take a beating with them too. you shoulda roughed her up a bit.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #70
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Haha yesss, I just got picked up by a scrub team in a Deleware League that is quite competitive. Getting to be the #1 option, hopefully I get to put up Lebronesque numbers, although I'll probably end up getting avging 16/8/6, actually I don't even know if I'll get that many dimes cuz this team is really looking bad. They added me plus 2-3 other legit scorers with a bunch of scrubs, but the other scorers played in my other leagues and cannot really create for themselves. IDK wtf this coach was thinking, but they're sponsored and I get a free uniform so I said wth why not
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:34 AM   #71
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Wow this footage UCLAlegend32s gf recorded again sucks, she must've had a crush on a guy from the other team because all the footage that I have is of us missing shots or turnovers and then Mario Thompson of the other team draining 3s on us.

Ill try to edit this footage and make something of it. Anyways Team S.H.I.T. (Lower division) we lost by 5. We had a 8 pt lead most of the game and then blew it. We were down 2 and UCLAlegend32 (his name is Kirbe) on the timeout we iced the shooter and I specifically told him to box out shooter and then guess what? Shooter misses FT and then Kirbe doesnt box him out and he gets his own rebound! I was irate as Mike Dunleavy.

Return to Sender, we lost by 8 to Taiwan Center. Taiwan Center was the first team I ever played against that had 6'7 and 6'8" and 6'9" asian dudes. We were missing our two bigmen Ruben Boykin and David Day this game and we were outsized this game. Also I hit a 3 in the first minute and then 3 possessions later on a fastbreak I jumped up to spike this dudes shot but he pumpfaked and I ended up flipping off of his shoulder and I landed on my tailbone and my elbow so I had to sit out rest of the game cuz it was hurting too much. Im icing it now, hopefully it heals soon.

BTW I called qrich to make him come tape the games but he had no car so we were stuck with crappy footage once again. Im in the process of editing out all the parts where you only see peoples shoes.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #72
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Played in this past Saturdays PAAD League game opener.

www.PAADOnline.org - I'm part of EXITRealty team

We have 15 people on the roster, only 6 including me showed up for the game opener.
Played a team of older guys, my team also has a lot of 35yo+ players. Carried my team +9 after the half. Then the other team started fullcourt pressing in the 2nd half, and we had no PG, myself if you count me (I was the Center and the PG for the day). It was a nailbiter to the last 30 seconds then they hit 2 3pters to seal the game. I dropped 22pts on very efficient shooting, (I missed a 3pter, and 1 layup). Scored from pretty much everywhere on the floor, got the other teams big man in foul trouble early. Got a lot of love from the other team for being red hot throughout the game.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #73
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
Played in this past Saturdays PAAD League game opener.

www.PAADOnline.org - I'm part of EXITRealty team

We have 15 people on the roster, only 6 including me showed up for the game opener.

Played a team of older guys, my team also has a lot of 35yo+ players. Carried my team +9 after the half. Then the other team started fullcourt pressing in the 2nd half, and we had no PG, myself if you count me (I was the Center and the PG for the day). It was a nailbiter to the last 30 seconds then they hit 2 3pters to seal the game. I dropped 22pts on very efficient shooting, (I missed a 3pter, and 1 layup). Scored from pretty much everywhere on the floor, got the other teams big man in foul trouble early. Got a lot of love from the other team for being red hot throughout the game.

That sucks I know how you feel. Return to Sender has 12 players, only 4 showed up so I had to call in another friend and sneak him in the game as someone else. We lost yesterday by 10. I scored 14 pts all in the first half and not having a sub killed me because my legs were dead in the 2nd half and all my shots were short.

Ironicaly, Team S.H.I.T. won by forfeit because other team only had 4 active players by halftime. I was off to a hot start making my first 2 jumpers but I picked up 2 quick fouls in the first 5 minutes so I subbed out.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:46 AM   #74
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

This week's game, our point guard was injured, and even though I'm usually a SF, I had to take on the ball-handling duties.

At one point in the game an embarrassing thing happened. I was just standing and dribbling, looking around, seeing what options were available. I was not under any pressure, I was defended but not closely guarded at all (I could've dribbled the ball right in front me and he still wouldn't have stolen it). What happens? I dribble the ball onto my foot, turnover, fast break.

Furthermore, our defense just didn't work, and our team got molested like Michael Jackson.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:49 AM   #75
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

heres a preview of some footage from my lower division team in the rec league:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilPUJmpz3O0
you cant miss me im the lightest guy and only asian on the team, and UCLAlegend32 is the dark hispanic dude #0
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: