Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #16
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Your 80 year old life or a famous 40 year old life

I dont think I would even want to be famous. It would suck getting mobbed by people when you go out to public places and stuff.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #17
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
I dont think I would even want to be famous. It would suck getting mobbed by people when you go out to public places and stuff.

Fame is a fašade... you never know who really has your best interest, you loose most of your privacy, and end up making an unequal amount of money in comparison to what fame makes you lose...

And if you do make decent dollas.. if you are not level headed, you will end up squandering the benefits, and end up making poor choices
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #18
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

It's the great debate of quality vs. quantity
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #19
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

80 years. I have an chance of being more famous than pistol pete. Unless you gave me the chance to live as one of the Big Three (Jesus/Mohammed/Buddha) or maybe someone on the Genghis/Napoleon tier I wouldn't consider it.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #20
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The obvious answer is 80. 40 is way too short of a life, and fame has many negatives to it.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #21
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
It's the great debate of quality vs. quantity

I dont think thats correct.. This would assume that having fame equates to a better quality of life, which I find to be false.

I think inside of the quantity of age, you can build a quality of life, that will suit you well regardless of what other find attractive.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #22
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I dont think thats correct.. This would assume that having fame equates to a better quality of life, which I find to be false.

I think inside of the quantity of age, you can build a quality of life, that will suit you well regardless of what other find attractive.

I don't think the OP necessarily just meant being famous period. Being famous at what you want to be famous at. Like if you loved basketball, become a basketball legend and die at 40. If you are into politics, live JFK's life.

Just the best quality life you would want, but die at age 40 instead of 80.

So if you are into money and riches, become the next Bill Gates but live up to 40 and so on.

Thats where quality vs. quantity comes in
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #23
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
I don't think the OP necessarily just meant being famous period. Being famous at what you want to be famous at. Like if you loved basketball, become a basketball legend and die at 40. If you are into politics, live JFK's life.

Just the best quality life you would want, but die at age 40 instead of 80.

So if you are into money and riches, become the next Bill Gates but live up to 40 and so on.

Thats where quality vs. quantity comes in

In such a case, I would end up having a conflict of interest, because as one who would like to thrive as one who writes, prime time arrives at a later time in life, usually later than the year of 40
Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #24
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Keep the fame, give me the $. But still, the allure...

DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #25
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

80 for sure. 40 years is nothing. Plus, "I don't give a f*ck about fame".
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: