Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #16
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: FDA Warning on Hydroxycut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
yea ECA stacks are good if you use them within reason and not overboard thought....

im plannin on taking it soon to get cut up, would you recommended it haterraid?

also it is illeagal to use now though right?

I take an ECA stack. Problem is if you want a good formula you have to buy it illegaly. Buying Ephedrine seperately is too expessive to get it a a proper dosage of 24 MG x 3 daily. Ephedrine can on be sold in a pure form strictly as a nasal decongestant. Dosage too low for diet.

I wouldn't trust a website, lot's of shady people buying a spot and selling fake stuff then taking the website down when the cash is made. Try to find a mom and pops supplement store. they probably got stuff under the counter.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #17
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

there are no shortcuts except for steroids. Everything else is pretty much a rip off and or dangerous.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #18
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
there are no shortcuts except for steroids. Everything else is pretty much a rip off and or dangerous.

lol, what steroid isn't dangerous?
Old 05-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #19
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

You can't tell me Ephedra, Hoodia, Hydroxycut etc... are anywhere near as dangerous as Steroids, and yes they do work, I lost 50 pounds in 2 months taking Stacker 3 back when it had ephedra in it.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
aycaramba
I airball my layups

aycaramba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I very much agree with you, except for ephedrine. It works very well if used properly. I recommend cycling ephedrine 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Because if you use it for more than 3 -4 weeks in a row(lets say 48 mgs a day) your body will get used to it, thus making it useless. It can be dangerous to your body because most people will increase their dosage once they stop losing weight.

Steroids get a bad rap, but it isnt as bad as the media says it is. Its all dosage related, If you do too much of anything, ull get sick. Simple as that.

watch the documentary; Bigger, stronger, faster, it'll change your view on steroids..
aycaramba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aycaramba
watch the documentary; Bigger, stronger, faster, it'll change your view on steroids..

I cant remember, was that the one with the three brothers? Two did, one didnt and the one who didnt makes the documentary?
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #22
aycaramba
I airball my layups

yup thats the one. great documentary about steroids imo
Old 05-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #23
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Yea, I agree with you about the message I got from that doc then. Im still not going to do roids ever (im just not that serious into body image), but I dont exactly hate people who do it recreationally. Athletes using steroids however...

My favorite part of that documentary coincided with one of my favorite Mag articles about roids, asking where we draw the line with enhancements. Tiger Woods lasik eye surgery brought up an intresting notion, mostly because while he was damn good before I cant help but wonder how much better 15/20 eyesight made him.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #24
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
I very much agree with you, except for ephedrine. It works very well if used properly. I recommend cycling ephedrine 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Because if you use it for more than 3 -4 weeks in a row(lets say 48 mgs a day) your body will get used to it, thus making it useless. It can be dangerous to your body because most people will increase their dosage once they stop losing weight.

Steroids get a bad rap, but it isnt as bad as the media says it is. Its all dosage related, If you do too much of anything, ull get sick. Simple as that.

Myth. Your body will adjust to the stimulants, but doesn't mean it's not working. The thermogenic effect is an increase of body heat, it just requires stimulants to ignite that process. So not having the impact feeling doesn't mean your body isn't in a thermogenic state. Fact is supplements need to be taken prolonged to see maximum results. When have you ever seen an ad that says results in 2 weeks?

Here's another reasoning behind that. Have you ever heard of Phantom limb syndrome? It's when a body part is amputeed and the body still recognizes it's still there. It takes about 30 days for the mind and body to process the fact it's not there. Just like certain supplements your body needs consistant dosages for a month period to fully adjust and maximize results. Same with other porducts like creatine, beta-alanine, pretty much any phyto-chemical non nutrient based.

Hope this helps next time your on an ECA stack.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #25
aycaramba
I airball my layups

Quote:
My favorite part of that documentary coincided with one of my favorite Mag articles about roids, asking where we draw the line with enhancements. Tiger Woods lasik eye surgery brought up an intresting notion, mostly because while he was damn good before I cant help but wonder how much better 15/20 eyesight made him.

yea, everybody cheats lol. whether it be training at higher elevations to increase your number of red blood cells or getting lasik eye surgery. but of course, blame steroids users. we're the biggest cheaters of the cheaters. the hypocrisy just baffles me.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #26
hateraid
Is it in you?

Although I don't condone steroid use, I definately think it's poorly represented and alot of people are really uneducated.

The one thing that makes me mad is people think it automatically gets you big. Not the case if you don't have proper nutrition. Also all the off-cycling and proper dosages people don't take into consideration.

The guys that really bug me are the M1T user. Absolutely no education on the product. If you're using pro-hormones or steroids for esthetic purposes, please educate yourself.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #27
aycaramba
I airball my layups

Quote:
Myth. Your body will adjust to the stimulants, but doesn't mean it's not working. The thermogenic effect is an increase of body heat, it just requires stimulants to ignite that process. So not having the impact feeling doesn't mean your body isn't in a thermogenic state. Fact is supplements need to be taken prolonged to see maximum results. When have you ever seen an ad that says results in 2 weeks?

Here's another reasoning behind that. Have you ever heard of Phantom limb syndrome? It's when a body part is amputeed and the body still recognizes it's still there. It takes about 30 days for the mind and body to process the fact it's not there. Just like certain supplements your body needs consistant dosages for a month period to fully adjust and maximize results. Same with other porducts like creatine, beta-alanine, pretty much any phyto-chemical non nutrient based.

I guess whatever works for your body. For me, taking it for 6 weeks in a row didnt do much in terms of weight loss.(thats with a proper diet with moderate carb intake) I had to keep increasing the dosages cuz weight wasnt being lost. but realized im gonna have a heart attack if I keep increasing the dosages.
I tried cycling it for 4 months, and i got better results out of it in the long term. I worked for me but it wont necessarily work for the next person. Just know your body and go with it..
Old 05-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #28
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yea, everybody cheats lol. whether it be training at higher elevations to increase your number of red blood cells or getting lasik eye surgery. but of course, blame steroids users. we're the biggest cheaters of the cheaters. the hypocrisy just baffles me.
Working at altitude isn't that great. Once you come back down to sea level your blood will return to normal rather quickly. Training at altitude will work if you're going to be performing a couple of days after training.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #29
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
I guess whatever works for your body. For me, taking it for 6 weeks in a row didnt do much in terms of weight loss.(thats with a proper diet with moderate carb intake) I had to keep increasing the dosages cuz weight wasnt being lost. but realized im gonna have a heart attack if I keep increasing the dosages.
I tried cycling it for 4 months, and i got better results out of it in the long term. I worked for me but it wont necessarily work for the next person. Just know your body and go with it..

Myth again. That's like saying your body doesn't process food like every other human being on the face of the earth. Basic human kiesiology. We all process things the same way. Genetics determines the speed we process it. Everything will work the same way for everybody.

Bottom line, if you don't get results, adjust diet and exercise. Suppys always work.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #30
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Myth again. That's like saying your body doesn't process food like every other human being on the face of the earth. Basic human kiesiology. We all process things the same way. Genetics determines the speed we process it. Everything will work the same way for everybody.

Bottom line, if you don't get results, adjust diet and exercise. Suppys always work.

Yup, supplements are made for a purpose and will always serve them, it's up to the person using them to carry out the other end.

And I agree, with your point about steroids. To many myths and overstated facts out there. It's gotten to the point that I think people would smoke crack or shoot up heroin before touching steroids.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: