Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-07-2006, 11:31 AM   #1
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Default Fan Jam this Sunday

The ESPN Radio 103.3 FM/Mavs Fan Jam will be held on Sunday, October 8th, from 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. at American Airlines Center.

“Fan Jam is a fun, free event and a great family activity,” said Mavs owner Mark Cuban. “Fans will get the first glimpse of this year’s team that includes new players Maurice Ager, Greg Buckner, Austin Croshere, Devean George, and Anthony Johnson, along with Mavs veterans Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Erick Dampier, DeSagana Diop, Jerry Stackhouse, and Devin Harris. We are excited to show off our team and look forward to seeing everyone on October 8th.”

Admission into Fan Jam is FREE, and no ticket is required. Doors are scheduled to open at 12:00 p.m. with the Mavericks Dancers and ManiAACs signing autographs from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Beginning at 1:00 p.m., the annual Blue/White Scrimmage will take place giving fans their first chance to see the 2006-07 Mavs squad

Schedule of events:
12:00 p.m. Doors Open
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Mavs Dancers and ManiAACs Sign Autographs on Concourse
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Mavs Blue/White Scrimmage

Anyone that goes feel free to come and give your thoughts on the scrimmage. Let's get some early opinions of the team.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
MFFL
I airball my layups

This will be my fourth year in a row missing it:rollingeyes: ; I'm in college. Before I started going to school I had been every year since they first started. I still have pics from the very first one.

Can't wait till I can go again.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

I just went to the fan jam. Heres a recap:
Blue team won by a small margin, Barrera, Caroll played poorly, Washington and Ebi played pretty well. I sat about 6 rows behind the basket and one player from the mavs through the shoe at the stand and this hispanic guy got it, but he pushed someones daughter in the process. The mother kept cusssing at that guy and started to punch him.
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Thanks for the info mhs. Washington was the leading scorer in Friday's scrimmage the paper said. But you sure don't hear much about him.

There is just no cause to jump or push a child. I'm a fan and wouldn't mind getting something. But it would mean X100 to a kid. I've caught a shirt from the fun slingers before and handed to a kid sitting in front of me. The big smile made it all worth while.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Saw where Jet and Stack didn't play in the scrimmage today. Hopefully it's nothing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: