Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Greetings from the New Net Moderators

me and funkylikemonkey are the Net moderators. this is not a thread to impose our new powers or anything.

rather, I just want to say it will be my pleasure to do whatever it takes, along with funky, to try to stimulate intelligent Net conversation on this board.

right now, I am in the midst of a busy study period for prelims, but that won't stop me from digging up every Net resource I possibly can and sharing it with you guys
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

congrats, guys. every place needs good mods & admins.

and thanks for the pledge to find information. about the one thing i need is a way to watch nets games over the web. if you come across anything like that, let me know please!
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

well you can always buy em online at Google Video. though it's a big hassle how many restrictions they put on that thing.

i can also upload a few games I have onto youtube, specify a timeframe for you guys to view, then delete it after a short period to avoid any legal troubles.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #4
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

It's already gone to my head.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
i can also upload a few games I have onto youtube, specify a timeframe for you guys to view, then delete it after a short period to avoid any legal troubles.
that would be pretty cool!

there was actually a china-based online TV service i found around the time of the indiana series that apparantly showed the games, but it was pretty buggy. if i find anything this year i'll certainly post it. sucks being in philly not having access to YES...
Old 10-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

actually for the next 2 lucky people to PM me, I will stream you a hard copy of Heat @ Nets 040206 Nets 90 Heat 78 on a dummy AIM account. just make up a AIM account (or use you real one if you don't mind) and we'll link up and I'll send you something.

i can't give unlimited uploads because my school has a bandwidth cap.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

try putting it up on RAPIDSHARE.DE (or other upload sites)

you can upload files up to 300mb there of any kind. that way more than two people can grab the video. just a suggestion...
Old 10-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

thegame is roughly 700 MB.

any idea how to split file that? im not very good at this stuff.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

congrats
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

congrats cats. Can't think of anyone better. I would love to be able to get Nets' games out here in cornland...unfortnuately I only have a 500 mb/a day limit.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
thegame is roughly 700 MB.

any idea how to split file that? im not very good at this stuff.
if you fire up winzip one of the main commands (there's also a little icon for it) is "split". choosing that will open a search box where you can specify the segment size (250mb would be logical) and the file to split.

this should then generate three .zip files of about 250mb, 250 and 200 in size which can be uploaded to rapidshare. altho the files upload a little slowly (around 20-30 B/sec) they will download fairly quickly (around 50-70 B/sec). the more times they get downloaded the longer they will be automatically hosted. that's how rapidshare works, anyway. btw it's best to sign up first under a user name instead of uploading anonymously. that way it's a little easier to manage your uploads, including giving you a file-management screen which tells you how many times each file was downloaded.

EDIT: fixed a number.

Last edited by gigantes : 10-08-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

all right. ill do that and I'll have it up soon hopefully.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: