Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Who says we have no frontcourt?

http://c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...610070354/1011

we may not have the best frontcourt, but it is prettttty darn good now I must say.

we have our usual suspects: Krstic and Collins. a nice combination of offense/defense in the starting lineup. then Cliffy, who is 40, but is in such good shape, he'll give you 20 invaluable minutes night in and night out.

last year, that is where the rotation stopped and anyone else such as John Thomas and Jabari Smiths were mainly filler men to use up fouls.

this year, we have Mikki Moore, though not impressive, is a big body who has a deft touch. anything he can contribute will be valuable. we are also waiting for Josh Boone, who will come back within 15 games or so into the regular season. though Mile Ilic will be pampered, he will be given a shot to show what he has during garbage time and if it impresses, look for him to get some minutes.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

you make the Nets frontcourt sound really decnet... but beneath it lies the lack of rebounding, size and strength... the main aspects of the PF/C position... need to work on that...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

I am a mod now, I have to sound incredibly supportive and biased for my team. it's a good PR thing you know?

anyway, last year Frank already addressed the rebounding issue, knowing Collins and Krstic are not the strongest post players so the whole tema must rely on gang rebounding.

their differential as a team last year was positive, though not by much...
Old 10-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I miss Jabari Smith, remember that game where he didn't miss a shot? Wasn't really a sign of things to come, but it was still a nice game.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
I am a mod now, I have to sound incredibly supportive and biased for my team. it's a good PR thing you know?
lol, you need do no such thing. being a mod doesn't mean you have to spin the nets any certain way- it means you just encourage good conversation here.

for example, did you know dave d'allesandro is not even a nets fan? the team's #1 beat-writer doesn't particularly care whether the team wins or loses, but as a basketball purist he aims to watch, examine and document. personally i was rather astounded when last year in an audio interview he admitted he wasn't a fan, but in retrospect it makes perfect sense for his profession .

as for the frontcourt- i'm a lot more positive about it this year than i was last year. it's not a frontcourt that's going to scare anyone but it can do certain things well and is a nice mix of young players and veterans. there is no one player that has the 'complete package'... rather it's a collection of good role-players who through correct matchups should be able to generally equalize the other teams' big men. hopefully this year we look at the continued development of krstic and are pleasantly surprised to see either boone or illic show they can play in the NBA- then we might just have one of the better frontcourts in the league. especially if one of those guys steps up in the rebounding department.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #6
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

We really need one of our bigs to step up in the Rebounding department. Our guards and Jefferson average more boards then the bigs which isn't all bad but it be nice if the bigs were averaging better then 4 or 5
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:58 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:

anyway, last year Frank already addressed the rebounding issue, knowing Collins and Krstic are not the strongest post players so the whole tema must rely on gang rebounding.

their differential as a team last year was positive, though not by much...

lol... just a comment... chill
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
lol... just a comment... chill

yep understood. i appreciate the comment.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: