Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #31
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten
 
Lamar Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Venice Beach (LA, CA)
Posts: 6,795
Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

There's plenty of people HERE (like you PRIME-O) i disagree with that I can interact and have discussion with. Starface is just a f*ck head. Some of you think that sort of villainy is funny or valuable to the boards but I don't, he's ignorant antagonistic garbage that ruins discussions.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #32
Arch Koven
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #33
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

I honestly never read Star spew out racist comments..."chink"...whatever...

If he was doing that then I agree he should be banned for a while...

unless he was doing it in a comedy-freindly type way...




if he was really being racist then I agree that is lame...

I just never got the chance to read it...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #34
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
+1^^agreepped


+2^^agreepped
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #35
Arch Koven
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
If he was doing that then I agree he should be banned for a while...

unless he was doing it in a comedy-freindly type way...


it seems like its ok in this country to make fun of Asians because they dont have the numbers in this country to make an organized economic impact.

like, on television or in an interview, you cant make even the slightest wisecrack about a group like blacks, or even gays, because your company will fire you for fear of economic backlash. you cant offend groups with the power of the purse.

but if you notice, its not really a big deal when people make fun of asians, hindus, eskimos, etc. because they dont have the numbers to make it matter even if they get outraged.

people are generally programmed to accept jokes about some groups and not others. if i made a joke about blacks here, everyone would cry and complain and get upset. if i made the same joke about an american indian, nobody would notice. PC sheeples is what they generally are. only act outraged when they think they're supposed to. like it makes them smart to get outraged over jokes.

so like if someone said vapid was genetically predisposed to having a really tiny *****, that would be ok because his group doesnt really have the numbers to cause an uproar.

Last edited by Arch Koven : 05-02-2009 at 09:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #36
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
There's plenty of people HERE (like you PRIME-O) i disagree with that I can interact and have discussion with. Starface is just a f*ck head. Some of you think that sort of villainy is funny or valuable to the boards but I don't, he's ignorant antagonistic garbage that ruins discussions.
you get a free pass to disagree with anything I say because you worked with Damian Lewis and got him to hold up an ISH #1 sign...

Lamar Doom

GOAT moment in ISH history IMO ...


serioulsy though, that did have me all giddy like a little boy playing with WWII toys...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #37
vapid
Paranoid Android
 
vapid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: London/California/Asia
Posts: 11,081
vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Asians dont mind as much because they're busy making money.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #38
Arch Koven
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Asians dont mind as much because they're busy making money.


and because they're busy rooting for the lakers so people will take them seriously as americans.


oh look, i love laker! me american! go kobe bryant!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #39
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal
 
Sriracha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 527
Sriracha has decent reputation
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I liked what Starface brought here...

it would be really boring in here if we all just agreed on everything...

every post would be:

"+1"

"agreed"

"repped"

"^^^this"


ect...


I am more a fan of:

"what in the f*ck are you talking about you arrogant SOB!!!??? That is the biggest bunch of BS I have EVER read here on ISH"


much better...bring Starface back...

This. White boi.
Sriracha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #40
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Koven
it seems like its ok in this country to make fun of Asians because they dont have the numbers in this country to make an organized economic impact.

like, on television or in an interview, you cant make even the slightest wisecrack about a group like blacks, or even gays, because your company will fire you for fear of economic backlash. you cant offend groups with the power of the purse.

but if you notice, its not really a big deal when people make fun of asians, hindus, eskimos, etc. because they dont have the numbers to make it matter even if they get outraged.

people are generally programmed to accept jokes about some groups and not others. if i made a joke about blacks here, everyone would cry and complain and get upset. if i made the same joke about an american indian, nobody would notice. PC sheeples is what they generally are. only act outraged when they think they're supposed to. like it makes them smart to get outraged over jokes.

so like if someone said vapid was genetically predisposed to having a really tiny *****, that would be ok because his group doesnt really have the numbers to cause an uproar.
I agree with everything you say here except the "gays" part...

when people lose an avy bet they get a "gay" avy...gays get made fun of PLENTY...

it seems to me that the hardest group to joke around about in a "freindly" way are the "blackies"... ...(we will see how that works for me)

*waits for "redneck"..."racist cracker"...ect...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #41
vapid
Paranoid Android
 
vapid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: London/California/Asia
Posts: 11,081
vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Koven
and because they're busy rooting for the lakers so people will take them seriously as americans.


oh look, i love laker! me american! go kobe bryant!
lol maybe because a lot of asians live in california, and kobe is hugely popular in asia? Is this guy a new gimmick?
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #42
Arch Koven
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
lol maybe because a lot of asians live in california, and kobe is hugely popular in asia? Is this guy a new gimmick?


i know but like 50 cent is really popular in asia too, or anyone who is popular in mainstream america, gets worshipped in asia.

its not an insult just a fact, is a continent with a billion plus followers all trying to fit in with american culture.


remember how Yi Jianlian came into the league and everyone was like "he listens to 50 cent! he's america!"

they love trying to be american. oh i love kobe bryant, go lakers! 50 cent, i pop bottle of bub in da club! keke ^^ go american!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #43
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
MarloStanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,607
MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

lol @ starface.

he's so pathetic that he gets banned from a site and has to to create multiple accounts.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #44
Arch Koven
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
lol @ starface.

he's so pathetic that he gets banned from a site and has to to create multiple accounts.


remember when you made the thread "i wanna see pics of these posters" just so you could name starface first then pretend it had nothing to do with him.

then like a week later you're like "ok, name all the posters just at random who you dont likle" and immediately you name starface right away.

snap, the whole time starface was banned you probably talked about him more than anyone else. sounds like someone has a crush! hopefully jay leno doesnt get mad. you still dating her/him/that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #45
PistolPete
The Pistol
 
PistolPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hall of Fame
Posts: 4,219
PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Why was Starface banned?

Hmm we lose another uber-Conservative from the board. But that's cool cause hippos was on the opposite end of that spectrum so the balance has been restored I suppose.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy