Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-01-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default May 1: Hawks at Heat, Game 6

The Hawks lead 3-2 coming into this game. Discuss it here!

Atlanta at Miami, 8:00 p.m. ET -- The AP reports: Facing a win-or-else scenario, Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat already would figure to have plenty of motivation. Just in case, the Atlanta Hawks provided oodles more. Between Mario West’s wild celebration as the first half of Game 5 expired, Josh Smith’s showboating dunk attempt in the final minutes and Hawks radio announcer Steve Holman mocking the NBA’s scoring champion throughout, Wade and Miami are down 3-2 in the series but clearly leading in bulletin-board material. Whether it will matter when the Hawks try to wrap up this increasingly volatile first-round Eastern Conference matchup in Miami on Friday night, well, that’s anyone’s guess.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: May 1: Hawks at Heat, Game 6

I'll be watching this to see what the Cavs have to look forward too.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I'll be watching this to see what the Cavs have to look forward too.

You're either getting a tired Heat or a tired Hawks.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
You're either getting a tired Heat or a tired Hawks.

Yes I know. I already know people are making the tired comment. I really don't care for it honestly. Last year an aging Celtics team played 2 game-7 series to start to the playoffs, handled Detroit in the third series handily then handled the Lakers even easier in the Finals. I don't care about the "tired" comment.

If anything deserved the "tired" label it's whoever comes out the Bulls Celtics series. At least they're in a game 7, and in 6 games there's been 7 overtimes.

Last edited by Meticode : 05-01-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Yes I know. I already know people are making the tired comment. I really don't care for it honestly. Last year an aging Celtics team played 2 game-7 series to start to the playoffs, handled Detroit in the third series handily then handled the Lakers even easier in the Finals. I don't care about the "tired" comment.

If anything deserved the "tired" label it's whoever comes out the Bulls Celtics series. At least they're in a game 7, and in 6 games there's been 7 overtimes.

Wasn't really using it as an excuse, just a brush off comment and one that suggests that Heat will win this game. Hopefully.

I think whoever gets through though will do alright against the Cavs.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

I hope the Hawks take the series. I want to see Josh Smith miss a crazy break-away dunk again.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

The big problem for the Hawks is that they are running out of players. They were thin to begin with and may be missing two starters tonight. they can't get away with that against the Cavs. they would struggle with the Cavs even at 100%.

Marvin hasn't played at all and there has been no word about a possible return. He guards Lebron better than anyone on the Hawks by far.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really really hope that D-Wade goes OFF tonight...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #9
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

I hope he does too. That means the other players won't be involved and the Hawks win my 25.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
Hotbullets
High School Varsity 6th Man

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far

Me too. Last two games were rather boring honestly. The Hawks are only fun to watch when they're runnin' and gunnin'. As said before, their half court offense is terrible.

Heat needs to step up as well... Especially Michael Beasley, the kid is slacking.
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
I hope he does too. That means the other players won't be involved and the Hawks win my 25.

I hope not.. I also want a competitive game...

Maybe he can go off in assists'....
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #12
nba_55
Searching a new team

nba_55 is considered somewhat coolnba_55 is considered somewhat cool

Miami will win this one and Wade will go crazy in the 7th game.

Miami in 7.
nba_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #13
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Hawks Heat series have been the complete opposite of Bulls Celts.

I'm interested to see how physical things get tonight.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #14
SIRI1

SIRI1 has decent reputationSIRI1 has decent reputation

Marvin Williams and Al Horford are out for tonight's game.

Solomon Jones will start in Horford's place.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/br...y/1027516.html
SIRI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #15
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRI1
Marvin Williams and Al Horford are out for tonight's game.

Solomon Jones will start in Horford's place.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/br...y/1027516.html

Solo is a pretty good shotblocker and has a decent J, but he is very weak and has terrible hands. This should be his last year with the Hawks. We need more size.

I think Marvin's absense hurts more than Horford's though.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: