Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Eastern Europeans rule the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE7diB6Z5TY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIU37...eature=related

Any objections?
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Eastern Europeans rule the world

someone been watching pride lately?
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
someone been watching pride lately?

nah
Old 05-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Fedor is the best undoubtedly. Cro Cop at one point was the most lethal striker in MMA and almost impossible to beat inside a ring until he got Fedored.

That is the greatest fight ever.

Other really good heavies that don't get enough cred are Josh Barnett and Aleksander Emelianenko.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #5
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Fedor is the best undoubtedly. Cro Cop at one point was the most lethal striker in MMA and almost impossible to beat inside a ring until he got Fedored.

That is the greatest fight ever.

Other really good heavies that don't get enough cred are Josh Barnett and Aleksander Emelianenko.

I've only been a fan of MMA for a little over a year. Shame Fedor and Cro Cop aren't in their prime right now. I missed a lot.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
I've only been a fan of MMA for a little over a year. Shame Fedor and Cro Cop aren't in their prime right now. I missed a lot.
Fedor is in his prime my dude!!!

Watch every single Pride after Pride 5.

Some great fighters to check out:

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Takanori Gomi
Dan Henderson
Rampage
Hayoto Sakurai
Alistair Overeem
Aleksander Emelianenko
Josh Barnett
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria
Mark Hunt
Wanderlei Silva
Gilbert Melendez
Joachim Hansen
Eddie Alvarez
Old 05-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #7
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Most of the best fighters are American.

Skip Mark Hunt aside from his fight with Manhoef. Add in Ricardo Arona.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:31 AM   #8
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Most of the best fighters are American.

Skip Mark Hunt aside from his fight with Manhoef. Add in Ricardo Arona.
I disagree.

I think most of the fighters are Japanese/Brazilian/American.

Mark Hunt vs Cro Cop was highly entertaining are you serious?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #9
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I never cared for Hunt. Yes, the best fighters would be Japanese/Brazilian/American.

Sengoku is on right now though there's only 1 more fight.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #10
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I never cared for Hunt. Yes, the best fighters would be Japanese/Brazilian/American.

Sengoku is on right now though there's only 1 more fight.
Hunt is awesome. Watching him absorb Cro Cop head kicks and continuing to come forward was so rad.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #11
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Hunt used to have an unbelievable chin, but watching him get KO'ed by a MW was even more awesome.

Jose Canseco is supposedly fighting at Dream 9. Jose Canseco vs. The Techno Goliath, I don't even know what to say...
Old 05-03-2009, 03:08 AM   #12
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

How long is a fighter's prime usually? I would think 21-32 right?
Old 05-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #13
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Depends on the person. Couture's prime was in his 40s. If I'm not mistaken, most people's athletic primes would be somewhere from 25-30.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:53 AM   #14
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
How long is a fighter's prime usually? I would think 21-32 right?
Fighters have MUCH longer primes than basketball/football players.

So many top fighters can be very competitive into there late 30's.

See Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, Dan Henderson, Matt Lindland, etc.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: