Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #16
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: May 3: Mavericks at Nuggets Game 1 (Round 2)

i think nuggets will win this series.
they are just too good for the mavs.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 AM   #17
White Mamba
@kobemania

White Mamba is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Mavs will win game 1
Old 05-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #18
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: May 3: Mavericks at Nuggets, Game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob123
Mr. Snipes, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
****ing repped.

Never in my life have I seen someone incorporate a Billy Madison quote so beautifully.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:25 AM   #19
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
The Mavs are 0-4 against the Nuggets...

werent they 0-4 against the Warriors back in 2006 doing the season as well too? and then ended up losing after winning 67 games

i really dont see the Mavericks beating them.

Nene, Kenyon Martin, J.R. Smith, Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, AND Linas Kleiza and Chris Anderson.

The Mavericks have some Dirk, Howard, and Terry.... and old ass Kidd

They were 1-3 against the Warriors.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:40 AM   #20
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

My money is on the Nuggets in 6.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #21
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Josh Howard doesn't play well the Mavs don't have a chance with the way the Nuggets are playing.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #22
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

ronnymac has an OK reputation so far

Very impressed with denver and carmelo. as i said before, melo is impressing with his new found attitude. watch him and you'll notice he is showing a hell of alot of leadership..in yester years when hings would get tough, you could bank on melo having a mental meltdown..... not anymore. he dosent hang his head or put a towel over his head when things go south. he infact is the first one in huddles reving on his teammates. giving them a psitive word.maturity and billups are a big factor here.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #23
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This was my analysis for facing Dallas before the playoffs started:

Quote:
Let's assume Denver is matching up with Dallas this year and let's assume Karl has some changes to make come playoff time. The first thing I would want to see is Martin and Nene alternating on defense vs Dirk. Dirk can shoot over just about anyone, but Nene is about 7 feet tell with 250 pounds of muscle. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have Karl and Nene switching defensive assignments on Dirk every now and then to mix it up a bit and make Dirk change his gameplay style into ways that he might not be comfortable. Both Martin and Nene can be physical and play great defense, (Martin being the better defender outside the paint) and both should be able to not let Dirk go off. It shouldn't be hard for Martin and Nene to get blocks either on the weakside or on their man - the Mavs get blocked on shots the 5th most in the NBA. The only thing that concerns me is that Dirk averaged 30ppg this season against Denver. At least it was on just 44% shooting.

Back to Martin and Nene again. Let's throw Melo in there as well. A good time for Denver to prove they can play great defense against Dallas is in transition. Jason Kidd is an all-time great in transition. He can get the outlet pass and leak into transition and assist the ball to trailors or wing players, and even finish by himself sometimes. Denver's frontcourt especially needs to get in transition and help out on defense. Martin and Nene again are shot blockers who are more than capable of blocking layups, but the biggest x-factor is whether or not they'll be able to keep up in transition and make defensive stops. This is Carmelo's job too. Chauncey is big and can make a defensive play, but Kidd is big too and can make a better offensive play. And with Jason Terry also able to go in transition and finish in the lane or hit the jumper, it becomes a hassle to guard Dallas in transition.

Jason Kidd is going to do damage to your defense regardless of if he's running or not. But if you can slow him or his team down from running when they choose to run, it makes the job a lot easier. And what are the two biggest keys to prevent transition buckets? Getting back on defense quickly and getting offensive rebounds and second-chance points.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #24
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloMike

You're too much.

I won't address you anymore though, everytime you post you look worse and worse.

thanx for your time and observation i hope you focus more on the analysis thing that you were saying

anyways , mavs will win because of size matchups
Old 05-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #25
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

Excellent analysis, Ritch. Definitely a good point with Kenyon and Nene taking turns defending Dirk, giving him different looks. Have the size and strength of Nene once, the speed and quickness of Kenyon next. I've noticed GK doesn't often do that though, likely Nene will just stick on Damp or Bass. That would be a great decision to mix it up a bit though. We'll see how Kenyon does to start with.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #26
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin expects to guard Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki by himself in the second-round playoff series between Denver and Dallas.

Nowitzki averaged 30 points and 11.3 rebounds per game against the Nuggets during the regular season.

Martin has been a terror defensively as of late. He nearly shut down Hornets All-Star forward David West by himself in the first round.

Good idea or bad idea?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #27
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

ronnymac has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
Good idea or bad idea?
Good. martyn is one of the best interior defenders for a PF. he is also agile enough to go with drk anywhere.plus he is strong enough to disrupt dirks off the ball movement. martyn guarding dirk is a gamble worth taking.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #28
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
Good idea or bad idea?

We didn't double too much during the season, so I'm not surprised.

Not that bad of an idea. If we single Dirk with K Mart, no one else is left open. Denver can make Dirk beat them and not let his teammates get as involved as much as they would if Denver was to double him.

But then again, if Dirk starts to go off, it will look really really bad. For now, I don't think it's too bad of a plan. I have confidence in K Mart.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #29
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Jason Kidd and KMart facing off. As a Nets fan, I like it. And I cry a little bit inside....
Old 05-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #30
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

I see Nugs in 5, no Mav hate.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread