Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default How would YOU do in MMA?

Nearly everywhere now has some form of mixed martial arts in a league type deal where you are scheduled against other fighters through promoters and whatnot. I have a buddy who just got his bantum title shot tonight (actually cant find the results right now...) and that makes me wonder... How do you think you would do in MMA?

Personally, I think that I would need to drop some serious weight (40+ lbs) just to be able to compete. I have a background in wrestling from 2nd grade through 7th, but my standup striking skills are lacking, as well as a certain quickness needed in a standup fight. Chances are, unless it goes to the mat (and prolly even then) im going to get REALLY messed up.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
answer323

Default Re: How would YOU do in MMA?

i don't mean to toot my own horn or anything, but i would knock out fedor in the first round
Old 05-03-2009, 02:07 AM   #3
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my nutzo factor combined with the mental notion of zen, would help me endure...

However lack of actual skill would be my ultimate downfall...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my tickle submission is unstoppable
but if my opponent is not ticklish, well then i prly lose
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It depends on the level of competition that you are talking about. If you are referring to MMA at the elite level, I say with absolute confidence that everyone who posts on this board wouldn't last one round with anyone.

I have friends that are multiple Ohio high school state champions in wrestling and they don't dare attempt to get in there with the elite guys.

If you are talking on an intermediate level, maybe you would have a shot. It would still be very difficult, though. Most people that get involved in MMA these days have a pretty lengthy history in one of the major fighting styles.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #6
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

probably get my ass kicked. my college is actually offering and intro to MMA class next semester that i'm taking.. i'm by no means one of those crazy white guys into UFC but it'd def be a good way to get into shape.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:11 AM   #7
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm actually seriously thinking about doing MMA. I have a background in boxing and Tae Kwon Do, which doesn't translate to MMA but it's a great foundation especially for flexibility. I've always been naturally very athletic and I think I would feel at home in that sort of setting.

EDIT: I meant at an intermediate level, I'm not about to climb into a UFC cage any time soon lol
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:11 AM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Have a solid chin, fairly good strikes for my weight, and a solid ground game when it comes to defense. Offensively on the ground, not good, can't exactly get by with working a chicken wing into a pin like wrestling. So maybe get lucky w/ a KO to the chin early, other than that I'm getting worked.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #9
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
my tickle submission is unstoppable
but if my opponent is not ticklish, well then i prly lose

I am immune to your tactics....

So I would become the victor...
Old 05-03-2009, 02:13 AM   #10
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
It depends on the level of competition that you are talking about. If you are referring to MMA at the elite level, I say with absolute confidence that everyone who posts on this board wouldn't last one round with anyone.

I have friends that are multiple Ohio high school state champions in wrestling and they don't dare attempt to get in there with the elite guys.

If you are talking on an intermediate level, maybe you would have a shot. It would still be very difficult, though. Most people that get involved in MMA these days have a pretty lengthy history in one of the major fighting styles.

Im talking local level stuff... I agree that nobody here would last any time at all against they guys you actually see on TV, but plenty of promoters exist in every state with different leagues with local guys just looking for a place to start.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #11
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
Nearly everywhere now has some form of mixed martial arts in a league type deal where you are scheduled against other fighters through promoters and whatnot. I have a buddy who just got his bantum title shot tonight (actually cant find the results right now...) and that makes me wonder... How do you think you would do in MMA?

Personally, I think that I would need to drop some serious weight (40+ lbs) just to be able to compete. I have a background in wrestling from 2nd grade through 7th, but my standup striking skills are lacking, as well as a certain quickness needed in a standup fight. Chances are, unless it goes to the mat (and prolly even then) im going to get REALLY messed up.

just got ya a fifth bar...

just wanted to mention that
Old 05-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #12
Bush4Ever
Local High School Star

Bush4Ever has decent reputation

If I dropped about 30 pounds I could Tim Silva my way into "jab for 3 rounds" decisions against midgets.

That's about it. I've only done boxing and a very modest amount of grappling (like really really modest).
Bush4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:19 AM   #13
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
just got ya a fifth bar...

just wanted to mention that

haha... o great
Im advancing through the ranks of a failed system.

YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES! Im so Happy! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!.
Well, I guess I can roll with that.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #14
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
haha... o great
Im advancing through the ranks of a failed system.

YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES! Im so Happy! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Well, I guess I can roll with that.

hmmm.... im wondering if this brings happy-ness?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:24 AM   #15
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've been training Jits off and on for 5 years and wrestling since I was 10. I've trained with UFC fighters like Frankie Edgar, Eddie Alvarez, and some legit guys I doubt anyone outside the no gi world would be familiar with. If I dedicated myself to MMA and trained full time I think I could do well. How well? Not sure but I'd be able to hang in there.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: