Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2009, 03:24 AM   #16
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How would YOU do in MMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
hmmm.... im wondering if this brings happy-ness?

ah, yes, well... back to mma.

I know Brock Lesnar has made a pretty good jump from WWE, but as a side topic here, what other pro wrestlers do you think might make the cut? I honestly cant think of one, mostly because its tough going from working in a choreographed dance to a real fight environment, no matter what skills, speed or size you have.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:26 AM   #17
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20

I know Brock Lesnar has made a pretty good jump from WWE, but as a side topic here, what other pro wrestlers do you think might make the cut? I honestly cant think of one, mostly because its tough going from working in a choreographed dance to a real fight environment, no matter what skills, speed or size you have.

Ken Shamrock?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:26 AM   #18
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I've been training Jits off and on for 5 years and wrestling since I was 10. I've trained with UFC fighters like Frankie Edgar, Eddie Alvarez, and some legit guys I doubt anyone outside the no gi world would be familiar with. If I dedicated myself to MMA and trained full time I think I could do well. How well? Not sure but I'd be able to hang in there.

Would you give up recreational drugs for it though? Would you do it while training/fighting anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda
Ken Shamrock?
Oh god no...
Old 05-03-2009, 03:26 AM   #19
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Brock Lesnar was able to transition because he an extensive wrestling background and was an excellent collegiate wrestler.

Little known fact one of the only losses Brock suffered in college was to New England Patriot Stephen Neal.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:27 AM   #20
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Would you give up recreational drugs for it though? Would you do it while training/fighting anyway?
F*ck no.

Marijuana and jiu-jitsu go hand in hand, lots of fighters smoke weed recreationally.

See Nick Diaz.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #21
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Since there's nowhere else to say it, wrestling/swimming, soccer, are the most physically demanding high school sports in existence.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:29 AM   #22
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I have a friend that could most surely go off on this subject, he has actually gone far when it comes to this, and takes even the smallest convo on this, as serious as religion and politics

I just know one thing... nothing compensates for an actual fighting environment.. So even if someone has the skills and worth ethic of someone who deal with wrestling situations, that means little when faced with brutal MMA inflicted poundings...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #23
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Since there's nowhere else to say it, wrestling/swimming, soccer, are the most physically demanding high school sports in existence.

Ill believe all three are part of the toughest sports. I dont know why you put, "wrestling/swimming" as if they go hand in hand though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo
Marijuana and jiu-jitsu go hand in hand.
haha, you telling me you would fight better blazed? or just using to relax? I would be worried I would lose touch with reality and try to fight like Neo fights in the Matrix and just get smacked.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:34 AM   #24
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ill believe all three are part of the toughest sports. I dont know why you put, "wrestling/swimming" as if they go hand in hand though...

Didn't mean to say they're hand in hand, just that I'd have a hard time deciding which is more demanding. Would come down to the success of your school's program I suppose.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:35 AM   #25
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I have a friend that could most surely go off on this subject, he has actually gone far when it comes to this, and takes even the smallest convo on this, as serious as religion and politics

I just know one thing... nothing compensates for an actual fighting environment.. So even if someone has the skills and worth ethic of someone who deal with wrestling situations, that means little when faced with brutal MMA inflicted poundings...
What does gone far mean? Like he trains or something or had some amateur fights?

Not sure the point you are trying to make?

I think you are trying to say that even if you have had extensive training once you get punched in the face a lot of that technique flies out the window. That much is true.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:37 AM   #26
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
haha, you telling me you would fight better blazed? or just using to relax? I would be worried I would lose touch with reality and try to fight like Neo fights in the Matrix and just get smacked.
It depends on the person.

Nick Diaz beat the #1 ranked LW fighter in the world Takanori Gomi and he tested positive for marijuana and later admitted he got blazed before the fight.

But yes I meant that after getting you a$$ kicked training one of the best natural remedies is getting high. Relaxes your body, mind, muscles, etc.

Virtually everyone I train with including MMA fighters smoke on their down time.

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 05-03-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:38 AM   #27
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Yuji Nagata from NJPW did a couple of MMA fights. I think it was Mirko Cro Crop he fought the first time and was beaten in about 90 seconds.

Dos Caras Jr is a wrestler from Mexico who's done pretty well in MMA. He did most of his fighting in Japan though.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:39 AM   #28
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Yuji Nagata from NJPW did a couple of MMA fights. I think it was Mirko Cro Crop he fought the first time and was beaten in about 90 seconds.

Dos Caras Jr is a wrestler from Mexico who's done pretty well in MMA. He did most of his fighting in Japan though.
Don Caras Jr haven't heard that name in a while.

Cro Cop kicked his head off lol when he wore that silly mask.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:41 AM   #29
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
What does gone far mean? Like he trains or something or had some amateur fights?

Not sure the point you are trying to make?

I think you are trying to say that even if you have had extensive training once you get punched in the face a lot of that technique flies out the window. That much is true.

Thats purty much what I was attempting to state...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:41 AM   #30
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I want to fight all of you.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: