Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2009, 03:43 AM   #31
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How would YOU do in MMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I want to fight all of you.

I am zen with that notion, and the universe says that you would loose...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:44 AM   #32
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Getting punched in the face changes your whole perspective on sh*t.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:46 AM   #33
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Didn't mean to say they're hand in hand, just that I'd have a hard time deciding which is more demanding. Would come down to the success of your school's program I suppose.

Ill buy that. Swimming doesnt look ALL that hard from a race spectators point of view, but as much conditioning goes into a sprinter or distance runners workouts/race on dry land you just KNOW its tougher because of water resistance and technique along with various strains put on the body you dont usually get.

I did cross country, and every once in awhile we would do pool workouts just to keep our legs from taking an extra day of pounding. They were easily the worst workouts I had all year.
No.Freaking.Question.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:47 AM   #34
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I am zen with that notion, and the universe says that you would loose...

I assume you're a righty, since most are. I tend to do well against fellow rightys since most can't even work the left side of their body. Of course the basis of this argument is mostly drunken fisticuffs with idiots who can barely walk.

Sorta nutty, but I somewhat enjoy a good fistfight. Not to say I like getting my ass beat, but a good fair fight where I take a few blows, sort of reminds one that you're alive.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #35
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've trained in MMA for about 4 years now, and I love it. I've never had a sanctioned match, but I've done a couple smokers which were intense. I won both my fights, but my opponents weren't anything special.

I train with 'real' fighters on a daily basis, and I get my ass beat constantly. While I enjoy training in MMA, I don't have the heart or the chin to compete at a high level.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #36
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I assume you're a righty, since most are. I tend to do well against fellow rightys since most can't even work the left side of their body. Of course the basis of this argument is mostly drunken fisticuffs with idiots who can barely walk.

Sorta nutty, but I somewhat enjoy a good fistfight. Not to say I like getting my ass beat, but a good fair fight where I take a few blows, sort of reminds one that you're alive.

We have two eyes to see two sides of things, but there must be a third eye which will see everything at the same time and yet not see anything. That is to understand Zen.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:53 AM   #37
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

We have two eyes to see two sides of things, but there must be a third eye which will see everything at the same time and yet not see anything. That is to understand Zen.

If this is how you West Coasters approach a brawl I understand why you're all so afraid to encroach upon the warzone that is the Midwest.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:54 AM   #38
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Don Caras Jr haven't heard that name in a while.

Cro Cop kicked his head off lol when he wore that silly mask.

Has there ever been a better leg striker in MMA than Cro Cop. Those left kicks are vicious, I read somewhere he used to kick barn doors until they broke/splintered when he was younger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7pj8aPH5VY
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:01 AM   #39
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
If this is how you West Coasters approach a brawl I understand why you're all so afraid to encroach upon the warzone that is the Midwest.
Fighting is like champagne. It goes to the heads of cowards as quickly as of heroes. Any fool can be brave on a battlefield when it's be brave or else be killed.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:01 AM   #40
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I want to fight all of you.

Fine, but I'm bringing my Posse. At the end of the day, you will kiss my converse...

DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 AM   #41
spree43
High School Varsity 12th Man

spree43 has an OK reputation so far

Ask eddie bravo about pot and MMA/BJJ
spree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:32 AM   #42
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

had to stop for this one. HO-LY SH*T. i've seen him before but the highlight reel is a reel of destruction. good god. that's the best MMA "highlight video" i've ever seen.

edit- I think i'd probably get f*cked up in MMA, arms broken or choked out because i have no wrestling or grappling experience and am more of a swing-at-the-face type of fighter. these dudes are all way too big, fast, and strong for me anyway, i'm a big dude but i've never seen pro MMA fight and thought realistically "i could beat that guy's ass".

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 05-03-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #43
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd be like Paulo Filha. Enormous potential as well as same body structure, but very lazy and non-chalant at times in the ring
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:51 AM   #44
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
I'd be like Paulo Filha. Enormous potential as well as same body structure, but very lazy and non-chalant at times in the ring
clearly you never watched Paulo fight in pride.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:06 AM   #45
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
clearly you never watched Paulo fight in pride.

Only in UFC unfortunately
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: