Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #16
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Can the Rockets make the series interesting? Yes. Can they beat the Lakers? <10% chance. Will they beat them? No.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Rockets in 4. Kobe sucks, Pau is soft, Lamar is dumb, Phil looks like the KFC guy, Sasha is a wimp, Luke is Luke and Bynum is overrated. Am I missing anything? Oh yeah, they have Adam Morrison.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #18
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
???
Yao 7'4"
Scola 6' 10"

If Scola is 6'10 then I'm 7'2.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #19
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Let us see the match-ups...

Brooks - Fisher (gonna be hard for Fish to guard a much faster PG with really fresh legs)

Artest - Kobe (good match-up... when is the last time a superstar has gone up against arguably 2 of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA?)

Battier - Ariza (not really a great match-up because both are defensive oriented)

Scola - Odom (we all know Odom is going to have a very tough time guarding Scola because he's a very deceiving post scorer - all Scola needs to do is take Odom to his right and that's it)

Yao - Gasol (best match-up... a game of finesse which will be beautiful to see)

Rockets in 7
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #20
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

They could beat them, in fact I hope they do but I seriously doubt they will.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #21
KenneBell
What set you claim?

KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Let us see the match-ups...

Brooks - Fisher (gonna be hard for Fish to guard a much faster PG with really fresh legs)

Artest - Kobe (good match-up... when is the last time a superstar has gone up against arguably 2 of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA?)

Battier - Ariza (not really a great match-up because both are defensive oriented)

Scola - Odom (we all know Odom is going to have a very tough time guarding Scola because he's a very deceiving post scorer - all Scola needs to do is take Odom to his right and that's it)

Yao - Gasol (best match-up... a game of finesse which will be beautiful to see)

Rockets in 7
Nice way to simply those matchups.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #22
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

...no they won't. I don't even need to explain why. The Lakers always give one away so I'll say Lakers in 5.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #23
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
If Scola is 6'10 then I'm 7'2.

nba lists him at 6'9"...he is just as big as Odom.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #24
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Put your balls where your mouth is
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #25
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here's how it goes. If Kobe is shutdown Rockets have a chance if not. LAkers.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #26
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
...no they won't. I don't even need to explain why. The Lakers always give one away so I'll say Lakers in 5.

Yea This is the reason people hate Laker fans. Because you have idiots like yourself with the ability to get on the internet and use a keyboard. If only they required a license to post online. That way we could weed out the retards and the psychos.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #27
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
Here's how it goes. If Kobe is shutdown Rockets have a chance if not. LAkers.

I rather have the Rockets shut down his teammates rather than Kobe himself. Lakers have a much better W/L record when he takes less than 20 shots.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #28
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

I don't need anybody's permission to say what I think. I think the Lakers will beat the Rockets in 5. That is MY opinion because I have confidence in my team.

Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #29
GiveItToBurrito

Houston probably won't win. They've got a lot of really underrated players, especially their big men (just because they're short doesn't mean they aren't effective; all of Houston's power forwards are tough as nails and really strong, just look at their per-40 numbers if you don't believe me), with Scola probably being the most underrated player in the entire western conference, but that's just not going to be enough. What Houston would need to be able to win would be an elite perimeter threat, maybe someone with a strong all-around game who can draw fouls, create off the dribble, and force Kobe to work on defense. Maybe someone who's nickname sounds a little bit like He-Man...

LA in six, even though I'll be rooting for Houston to prove me wrong.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #30
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

So say "I don't think they will..." and not "no they won't" as if you're the authority in NBA games. Just face it that your opinion is skewed and twisted. That's the main reason nobody takes you seriously. Learn to make an unbiased opinion from time to time, and then people will start respecting you. Maybe people in RL too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: